It's sad to say (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

But. It's. Not. A. Restaurant.

I don't "support" a particular restaurant and refuse to go to any other one.

If the restaurant owner promised you that when the new restaurant opens it will be better quality and cheaper and you were extremely gullible you might keep going ....

Sky Blue Kid

@ Torchy....As I have stated before, I refuse to pay good money to s**t owners, who give nothing in return. As for not going, previous owners have always provided me with good entertainment, and in recognition of that fact, I've followed CCFC all over the country for 40 years as well as having ST's for at least 35 years(Except when I was playing for Cov Sporting club and up in Scotland) So as for throwing in the "You don't pay anything as you don't go." crap. Remember I was supporting CCFC before you were even a twinkle in your old mans eye pal!

torchomatic

I imagine you've got a bigger cock too. You're right, you're the best, etc.

Hopefully, that doesn't upset the "Gentlemen" too much as he seems particularly touchy about anything I write.

@ Torchy....As I have stated before, I refuse to pay good money to s**t owners, who give nothing in return. As for not going, previous owners have always provided me with good entertainment, and in recognition of that fact, I've followed CCFC all over the country for 40 years as well as having ST's for at least 35 years(Except when I was playing for Cov Sporting club and up in Scotland) So as for throwing in the "You don't pay anything as you don't go." crap. Remember I was supporting CCFC before you were even a twinkle in your old mans eye pal!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is he not allowed to make a comparison? Besides, don't you love a Wasps comparison when there is no need, but that doesn't stop boring old you, does it?

He is allowed, doesn't mean it's a good one.

On reflection for some of our fans it may actually be a decent comparison in the context of they have no loyalty to the club in the same way a customer would have no loyalty to a particular restaurant.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Torchy......The "Gent" seems to have a good eye for spotting nobheads. Well said "Gent" He's always looking for ways to have a go at those who either go to Wasps games, or in anyway say anything remotely bad about SISU. and good about CCC. Btw.....You naughty boy, imagining things about my cock....there's a word for people like you, but I can't say it on here :O

M&B Stand

But. It's. Not. A. Restaurant.

I don't "support" a particular restaurant and refuse to go to any other one.

You've gotta admit, nobody does being shit like we do. It's like we've cornered the market, found our USP. It's a wonder more people don't just come along on a satdee out of morbid curiosity.
I can see the T-shirts now 'I SURVIVED 90 MINUTES WATCHING COVENTRY CITY'

torchomatic

I'm not saying we're not rubbish. I'm saying they're my rubbish team and nothing will stop me from going to support them.

You've gotta admit, nobody does being shit like we do. It's like we've cornered the market, found our USP. It's a wonder more people don't just come along on a satdee out of morbid curiosity.
I can see the T-shirts now 'I SURVIVED 90 MINUTES WATCHING COVENTRY CITY'

Evo1883

You are correct .
The supporters have no unity , the stadium has a dreadful atmosphere and im sorry if you sit there but halfway line tesco stand is so quiet its laughable .

I watched videos today of Crystal palace supporters singing We love you ..and it sounded almost as if the whole stadium roared them along and got behind the team .
As for the attendances , it is what it is .. people can use every excuse under the sun but the real reason they wont go is they cant be arsed to spend money to watch coventry city play crawley ,fleetwood or mkdons .
As most of them have been spoilt all their lives with top flight football

Grendel

Is he not allowed to make a comparison? Besides, don't you love a Wasps comparison when there is no need, but that doesn't stop boring old you, does it?

It's a silly comparison as football fans tend to be loyal to one club and most are aware the product on offer will not be "prime serloin"

Sky Blue Kid

You are correct . The supporters have no unity , the stadium has a dreadful atmosphere and im sorry if you sit there but halfway line tesco stand is so quiet its laughable . I watched videos today of Crystal palace supporters singing We love you ..and it sounded almost as if the whole stadium roared them along and got behind the team . As for the attendances , it is what it is .. people can use every excuse under the sun but the real reason they wont go is they cant be arsed to spend money to watch coventry city play crawley ,fleetwood or mkdons . As most of them have been spoilt all their lives with top flight football
WRONG.....There are lots of us who have been priviledged to have seen us playing top flight football, but the real reason thousands upon thousands don't go anymore is we've had enough of watching shit owners drag this club down the shitter, trying to walk all over the fans with scant regards for their feelings, and selling everything in sight if it's not nailed down. All it would take a normal owner to do is invest properly in playing staff, then again these are nowhere near being "Normal Owners" are they!!!

Evo1883

WRONG.....There are lots of us who have been priviledged to have seen us playing top flight football, but the real reason thousands upon thousands don't go anymore is we've had enough of watching shit owners drag this club down the shitter, trying to walk all over the fans with scant regards for their feelings, and selling everything in sight if it's not nailed down. All it would take a normal owner to do is invest properly in playing staff, then again these are nowhere near being "Normal Owners" are they!!!
Not wrong ..i have endured the same shit and so have the 7-8 thousand that still go..next excuse

Evo1883

Il tell you what ,i would place money on it that if sisu left tomorrow and new owners came ,we would see an upturn in attendance for a couple games then be back to 9-10k ..and new excuses would be thought up

Ashdown

The owners ARE taking the piss, almost anyone can see that their strategy will keep us non competitive until they either change it or fuck off ! The secretive nature of the financial structure and their mysterious admin/management/debt interest charges will be enough to deter thousands. Relegated or not, with these clowns still spouting their idiocy then half of those 5000 ST holders who renewed on a wave of optimism will bail out. Only a handful will continue to be fooled by a company that artificially creates debt for their own ends and spends the bare minimum on kids and short term loanees !

M&B Stand

I'm not saying we're not rubbish. I'm saying they're my rubbish team and nothing will stop me from going to support them.

I salute you. Loads have had enough though, and it's still their rubbish team as well. Like that geezer with the bit of cardboard at Villa Park in 2001 'they'll be back'

Sky Blue Kid

Not wrong ..i have endured the same shit and so have the 7-8 thousand that still go..next excuse
No excuse mate, some of us can see what's going on, and refuse to pay this scum to finally destroy our club. The sooner you realise that while you keep paying them, and they keep taking it from you, they will bleed you and the football club dry. If you're happy with that situation then keep giving 'em your "hard earned" best of luck mate, you're going to need it.

Evo1883

The owners ARE taking the piss, almost anyone can see that their strategy will keep us non competitive until they either change it or fuck off ! The secretive nature of the financial structure and their mysterious admin/management/debt interest charges will be enough to deter thousands. Relegated or not, with these clowns still spouting their idiocy then half of those 5000 ST holders who renewed on a wave of optimism will bail out. Only a handful will continue to be fooled by a company that artificially creates debt for their own ends and spends the bare minimum on kids and short term loanees !
I just want to watch football mate , neither me or you can alter the decisions of it by going or staying away

CCFC88

Me being the gullible optimistic sod I am, when we do get that innevitable promotion back to the Championship or dare I say it the PL, it will be so much sweeter and appreciated having sat through the dire football of months gone by

Evo1883

No excuse mate, some of us can see what's going on, and refuse to pay this scum to finally destroy our club. The sooner you realise that while you keep paying them, and they keep taking it from you, they will bleed you and the football club dry. If you're happy with that situation then keep giving 'em your "hard earned" best of luck mate, you're going to need it.
Sorry mate .
Why moan about the club ,players or performance if you stay away and contribute fuck all to them anyways .
Who are the stayaways damaging more

skybluetony176

We are terribly supported for a club that our fans seem to deem 'Should be back in the Premier League where we belong'. It was £11 (equivalent) for a ticket last night, we're fighting for our lives in the third tier and we muster 8,000. This will be greeted by cries of 'What do you expect with SISU in charge', 'We've had nothing to cheer about for so long', does it really matter? They're your football club and like you would support your family through the highs and the lows, as is real support, the same should be said for your football club. Yes the standard isn't good and yes its a really depressing time to be a Coventry fan but it doesn't mean you desert them until we get Man United at home in the FA Cup. I understand not everyone can afford £22 every week but £11?! Absolutely shocking turn out, especially as Bradford brought more fans than your average League One side.

Portsmouth had 16,355 at their last home game against Oxford - they're in League 2 with nothing to play for and a population of over 100,000 less than Coventry
Recently non-league Luton managed 8,600 in their home loss to Morecambe.

Teams of an apparent similar size:
Sheff United - 18,688 - they're in the playoffs you say? When they lost 1-2 at home to Gillingham in November last season to be placed 23rd in League 1 - attendance 16,560.
Southampton in league 1 lose to Brighton - attendance - 21,932

Yes we got 27k v gillingham but we all know 50% of those people were there for the bandwagon / they were mates of Coventry City fans and tickets were a tenner so they thought why not?

I'd be surprised to see us in the Championship in the next 5 years and i think we can forget the Premier League for decades. YES SISU are horrific owners and I, like everyone else, cannot wait to see the back of them but the whole point of being a 'supporter' is through thick and thin and at the moment we are where our non-loyal fanbase deserve to be.

Credit to all the Season Ticker holders and regular attenders, this isn't in anyway shape or form a moan at you, just a statement about the sad realisation of where we truly are.

All of which begs the question. What are SISU going to do about it to undo all the mistakes they've made to drive the fanbase down so much?

Ashdown

I just want to watch football mate , neither me or you can alter the decisions of it by going or staying away

No that's very true but many are not comfortable handing over hard earned cash to a bunch of Sharks either. Surely everyone still attending regularly has some semblance of hope for success sometime soon, which I doubt will come whilst we are being stripped down to the bare bones ? I also think it's an age thing as someone else suggested, through my 20's and 30's I couldn't imagine not doing 30 games a season but now in my 40's and with the habit broken by the Northampton disaster I'm more cynical .

The Gentleman

Il tell you what ,i would place money on it that if sisu left tomorrow and new owners came ,we would see an upturn in attendance for a couple games then be back to 9-10k ..and new excuses would be thought up

But what if those 'new owners' came in with a clear vision, showed us new land they had bought for a stadium within the Coventry boundary, got everybody onside with a new ground by involving fans and showing constant truthful updates on where we were with it, didn't take people to court because they didn't get their own way, employed people at the club who actually knew what they were doing, made signings who knew how to play football, at least try and keep some of our good players for at least another year to try and get the best out of them and really showed passion for the club. If 'new owners' did this and by some miracle we got promotion in a couple of seasons do you not think that our average attendance would rise? Problem is with Sisu here, all you get is the opposite of the above so is there should be no surprise that fans have better things to do and that attendances will never rise with them at the helm.

Evo1883

No that's very true but many are not comfortable handing over hard earned cash to a bunch of Sharks either. Surely everyone still attending regularly has some semblance of hope for success sometime soon, which I doubt will come whilst we are being stripped down to the bare bones ? I also think it's an age thing as someone else suggested, through my 20's and 30's I couldn't imagine not doing 30 games a season but now in my 40's and with the habit broken by the Northampton disaster I'm more cynical .
I agree to a degree but its a viscious circle.
Fans stay away ..no funds for new players or better player ,would they get them anyways ?
Fans moan about the team etc etc
Cycle continues

Evo1883

But what if those 'new owners' came in with a clear vision, showed us new land they had bought for a stadium within the Coventry boundary, got everybody onside with a new ground by involving fans and showing constant truthful updates on where we were with it, didn't take people to court because they didn't get their own way, employed people at the club who actually knew what they were doing, made signings who knew how to play football, at least try and keep some of our good players for at least another year to try and get the best out of them and really showed passion for the club. If 'new owners' did this and by some miracle we got promotion in a couple of seasons do you not think that our average attendance would rise? Problem is with Sisu here, all you get is the opposite of the above so is there should be no surprise that fans have better things to do and that attendances will never rise with them at the helm.
There are very few owners outside the top flight that could promise all those things .
We should at this stage ,be looking to be a stable club that puts a decent product on the pitch .
That is all owners should ever guarantee supporters .

The Gentleman

There are very few owners outside the top flight that could promise all those things .
We should at this stage ,be looking to be a stable club that puts a decent product on the pitch .
That is all owners should ever guarantee supporters .

Not really big promises though, other clubs that have said they were getting new grounds usually got them, most owners don't take their fans and anyone else that don't agree with them to court, most clubs seem to be able to make at least a few decent signings, most owners do tell the truth to their fans and other clubs try to build at least a nucleus of team to work around. I could have said loads of other things that Sisu don't do that they should but the ones I listed above are and should be a staple diet for any team.

Astute

Very selective. They've always got decent crowds, not just since they've been backed by wealthy investors. Norwich, Southampton, Leeds...all that have dropped as low as we have but the crowds never did. I think you can only blame the owners and shit football for so long.

You can blame shit owners for as long as they are at our club or as long as they run our club without doing what is best for our club. You can blame shit football for as long as we are playing shit football.

Evo1883

Not really big promises though, other clubs that have said they were getting new grounds usually got them, most owners don't take their fans and anyone else that don't agree with them to court, most clubs seem to be able to make at least a few decent signings, most owners do tell the truth to their fans and other clubs try to build at least a nucleus of team to work around. I could have said loads of other things that Sisu don't do that they should but the ones I listed above are and should be a staple diet for any team.
I hate SISU , i hate the things they have done .
When all is said and done i support coventry city ,not sisu .
They wont be here forever , how they leave us and in what state who knows .
But i love the club too much to just stay away .
The politics will sort themselves out ,me or you wont change that ..so i just back the boys and get on with my life

Sky Blue Kid

@ CraigSBA...............Without getting into an argument here, up till SISU took over we were getting decent crowds, the owners were buying pretty good players including Wise, Don Hutchinson, etc. 20k+ crowds.....Fans including myself paying good money and getting decent entertainment from the team. YOU say, and I quote...."Fans stay away ..no funds for new players or better player ,would they get them anyways ?".....Think you answered your own question there mate......We could have filled the Ricoh, week in week out, and the shower of shit wouldn't BUY a decent player. They've proven it time and again, CCFC are dying because of these people taking money from you and me and giving sweet FA in return. You may be gullible enough to give them your money expecting "Better things"...I think you've got a f**king long wait in front of you.

Evo1883

@ CraigSBA...............Without getting into an argument here, up till SISU took over we were getting decent crowds, the owners were buying pretty good players including Wise, Don Hutchinson, etc. 20k+ crowds.....Fans including myself paying good money and getting decent entertainment from the team. YOU say, and I quote...."Fans stay away ..no funds for new players or better player ,would they get them anyways ?".....Think you answered your own question there mate......We could have filled the Ricoh, week in week out, and the shower of shit wouldn't BUY a decent player. They've proven it time and again, CCFC are dying because of these people taking money from you and me and giving sweet FA in return. You may be gullible enough to give them your money expecting "Better things"...I think you've got a f**king long wait in front of you.
You go you go , you dont you dont .
Leave it at that

chinamans view

already better than when SP was here
i took my mate to first game in years, he found it boring and said he wouldnt be back again for a few years

attendeces will not improve until we play better football imo. even if we had won yesterday it would have been a boring evening.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I hate SISU , i hate the things they have done .
When all is said and done i support coventry city ,not sisu .
They wont be here forever , how they leave us and in what state who knows .
But i love the club too much to just stay away .
The politics will sort themselves out ,me or you wont change that ..so i just back the boys and get on with my life

You could almost put music to that! :) Good song in the making!

Nonleagueherewecome

It's alright. Self apologists like bigfatronssba will sight some meaningless stats about league placings. Missing the point completely about what loyalty means.

Loyalty? I missed one home game in 7 years before the move to Northampton. I've been to one since. I guess that makes me "disloyal" in your eyes? You ought to be ashamed, blaming fellow supporters rather than the owners for the current attendances.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sisu have ordered a new fans coach for the next away game :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread