It’s not over yet (1 Viewer)

SkybluesBenny

Are the wheels starting to come off on our promotion – We all seem to be pretty certain of league 1 not playing on, but now the likes of Oxford have thrown their hat in the ring and want to play on – There are a number of teams sitting on the fence that could be enticed last minute -no doubt the clubs that want to finish season have been constantly in touch with these clubs to swing there vote. The premier league have now also come out and said that there may be no relegation from the premier league ? Where does that leave Leeds and West brom, and then of course ,ore importently the effect on our league- It’s not over yet
I think that oxford and certain other teams are saying they want to play on to not show their fans they lack ambition to make the top 2.
How would these clubs pay wages and bills with no income coming in because games are BCD.
No matchday walk up money or away fan money, no corporate money or match sponsorship.
Could all league one owners prop the clubs up? Would we see more teams go to the wall if the season plays on?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SAJ

I tell you what, forget this season (I think it’ll be PPG), but if a new season starts and this comes back and we have to stop the season again, that’s kind of worrying. I’d be worried about being in the bottom 3 at any point in a season, but once you’ve completed 50% or so, I’d be shitting it!
Can’t ever see that happening. They will say 75% of the season has to be completed and then in those circumstances they will use whatever system. If it’s less than 75% then the season is cancelled null and void. The 75% rule already exists.

the rumpo kid

Let the league carry on , we're the best team in this division by a country fucking mile . Bring um on , we'll beat them all and be champions , wheels falling off my arse , the others are desperate and will do anything to try and get second place. PUSB.

Happy_Martian

We're Cov fans. We're entitled to think the rug will be pulled out from beneath us. My heart says we're not only safe from relegation but we're going to get promoted as Champs. No matter, my brain keeps saying "Hold your horses. Wait until you can hear the rather well-endowed lady singing and it's confirmed".

steve cooper

Are the wheels starting to come off on our promotion – We all seem to be pretty certain of league 1 not playing on, but now the likes of Oxford have thrown their hat in the ring and want to play on – There are a number of teams sitting on the fence that could be enticed last minute -no doubt the clubs that want to finish season have been constantly in touch with these clubs to swing there vote. The premier league have now also come out and said that there may be no relegation from the premier league ? Where does that leave Leeds and West brom, and then of course ,ore importently the effect on our league- It’s not over yet
Where have the Premier league said there may be no relegation? The BBC news reporter suggested that, but in the interview with Richard Masters that followed, the statement was made that "curtailment was still possible", which is true. Relegation was only mentioned in the statement "scrapping relegation would come up for discussion" in the event of curtailment . The FA has a veto on any decision regarding that and have categorically stated relegation and promotion must happen. I would not worry about that too much at this stage.
Coronavirus: Premier League 'as confident as we can be' about June return

covboy1987

Where have the Premier league said there may be no relegation? The BBC news reporter suggested that, but in the interview with Richard Masters that followed, the statement was made that "curtailment was still possible", which is true. Relegation was only mentioned in the statement "scrapping relegation would come up for discussion" in the event of curtailment . The FA has a veto on any decision regarding that and have categorically stated relegation and promotion must happen. I would not worry about that too much at this stage.
Coronavirus: Premier League 'as confident as we can be' about June return
This was today
Premier League chief executive Richard Masters has conceded that the notion of scrapping relegation is yet to be discussed, with it still potentially on the cards.
The top-flight is continuing it's push towards a return to action in mid-June but relegation is a sticky subject, particularly if the season cannot be finished.
On top of that, some clubs are objecting the idea of relegation to the Championship if the second-tier campaign is unable to be completed - with their belief being that both divisions need to finish for promotion and relegation to occur.

kg82

Can’t ever see that happening. They will say 75% of the season has to be completed and then in those circumstances they will use whatever system. If it’s less than 75% then the season is cancelled null and void. The 75% rule already exists.
I don’t think it does. I remember something about 75% but I’m sure it was for something else. And I thought that’s what this first vote was for, to implement new rules for circumstances like this?

tisza

They’re 2 points off?
Or 1 pt clear of 8th :)
At least one of these playoff sides would fall out of contention. I think as a fan of these 4 playoff clubs I'd be taking what we have rather than gambling.
Might only get 2 games in before it shuts again. So Oxford could easily drop from 3rd to 8th and have no chance of recovering.

Level of uncertainty so high.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wycombe are the ones taking the biggest risk in my opinion. They move to 3rd under PPG. If everything stopped due to e.g. level of coronavirus within squads and no more games could be played - possibility of confirmed 3rd place. They'd be mad to opt for anything else in my opinion.

RegTheDonk

They’re 2 points off?
Just a feeling mate - they're in form, they've won their last 5 games ... but apart from Ispwitch, it was all vs teams in the bottom half. Prior to that, they had only won one league game in 8. They still have to play four teams in the mix, including us. I just think that playing some decent teams, they'll crumble and I can't see them getting an auto spot. Only a hunch.

Users who are viewing this thread