Israel - Palestinian Conflict (6 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

If anyone thinks this was an accident I've got some magic beans to sell them.

Israel has a history of taking the piss out of us and we let them do it.
Find it very hard to believe that with all of their high tech equipment that a convoy was bombed ‘unintentionally’.

Brighton Sky Blue

These types of aid agencies also keep them informed of their movements in order to prevent this type of thing happening.

It was no accident. They're out of control.
When Putin does this in Ukraine he is immediately and rightly condemned. Yet to see much from our government even when our own citizens have been killed.

Enough is enough, this requires direct UN intervention

CCFCSteve

When this shit happened in the Balkans we got together a UN peacekeeping force and stopped the bloodshed.

Here we're supplying the bombs.

No matter what mental shit Russia, China or any despotic twat does now we don't have a leg to stand on.

I think it’s a little bit different LG. My understanding is that private U.K. companies have licences to sell arms/military equipment to other nations, of which israel is one. The last figure quoted is that these companies sold £42m of arms Israel in 2022.

That’s not really comparable to people like Putin and other despots/dictators going to war and murdering people inside/outside their own countries

I do think these licences should be immediately suspended though

Ps the fact that they haven’t even apologised for the aid worker deaths says it all

Last edited:

chiefdave

According to the radio on the way home there's been more aid workers killed in Gaza since 7th October than in any other conflict. Same thing with journalists.

With every day that passes you wonder what it will take before they lose support of some of the people in power who seem to struggle to condemn the innocent lives being lost.

clint van damme

According to the radio on the way home there's been more aid workers killed in Gaza since 7th October than in any other conflict. Same thing with journalists.

With every day that passes you wonder what it will take before they lose support of some of the people in power who seem to struggle to condemn the innocent lives being lost.

It would probably take them stopping giving out backhanders.

BodicoteSkyBlue

The World is truly fucked up. Was watching the news at the weekend, reporter was describing how the RAF were parachuting 20tons of food & medical aid. Basically saying what good guys we are and then in the next breath saying how the US had agreed to send yet more military aid to Israel so that they could continue bombing the shit out of Gaza. The very place we’d just dropped humanitarian aid.

Brighton Sky Blue

The World is truly fucked up. Was watching the news at the weekend, reporter was describing how the RAF were parachuting 20tons of food & medical aid. Basically saying what good guys we are and then in the next breath saying how the US had agreed to send yet more military aid to Israel so that they could continue bombing the shit out of Gaza. The very place we’d just dropped humanitarian aid.
The truly fucked up thing is that if anything Netanyahu is moderate compared to some others in his regime or wider Israeli politics.

skybluetony176

Just seen it on C4 news. Totally deliberate, there can be no doubt about that. Three separate vehicles travelling on a pre arranged route, clearly identified as being from World Central Kitchen and all 3 vehicles were hit separately. Hitting one could be excused as a mistake if you were willingly gullible enough to buy it but to hit 3 is unquestionable.

Sky Blue Pete

Just seen it on C4 news. Totally deliberate, there can be no doubt about that. Three separate vehicles travelling on a pre arranged route, clearly identified as being from World Central Kitchen and all 3 vehicles were hit separately. Hitting one could be excused as a mistake if you were willingly gullible enough to buy it but to hit 3 is unquestionable.
Doesn’t look good does it

Brighton Sky Blue

I am struggling a little with how little of a shit anyone have when Syrian children were being butchered. Were they the wrong colour or religion
Or when Iraqi children were killed during shock and awe. Wrong colour and wrong faith?
Two wrongs don’t make a right of course
Millions in this country and the US protested against the actions of their governments. A few went further and leaked evidence at great personal risk

Sky Blue Pete

Call me a cynic

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

These things happen where the aggressor dehumanises the population of their enemy
The actions throughout the history of this 70 year conflict are abhorrent and possibly what Hamas did escalated that dehumanisation to a new level only for the Israeli military to take it to a level not seen before by their actions. This is a state not a terrorist organisation engaging in genocidal activity on the pretext of rooting out every last member of Hamas.
Don’t get me wrong reading about what the uk government did in Ireland makes sorry reading

If the person in the video was truly sorry he’d do something about making it impossible to happen or to stop engaging in dehumanising the whole population of gaza

I know there’s still hostages but I understand there’s something like 5000 Palestinians in custody in Israel many of them under 18

Twitter trolls talk about why are there still protests in London every weekend as if the situation has resolved rather than got worse. Why on earth would they stop
The other side of the argument being why are you protesting it makes no difference why not do something that will change something?

What a bloody mess

skybluetony176

I don’t understand why there isn’t even a debate followed by a vote in parliament to ban arm sales to Israel, if only while they continue to commit war crimes in Gaza. Latest polls has the majority of the UK regardless of political allegiance would support a ban on arms sales to Israel. Let’s face it, there’s a high chance British weapons were just used to kill British citizens, I doubt that the government would get much pushback if they issued a ban.

shmmeee

I don’t understand why there isn’t even a debate followed by a vote in parliament to ban arm sales to Israel, if only while they continue to commit war crimes in Gaza. Latest polls has the majority of the UK regardless of political allegiance would support a ban on arms sales to Israel. Let’s face it, there’s a high chance British weapons were just used to kill British citizens, I doubt that the government would get much pushback if they issued a ban.

Tories don’t want it cos they want to accuse Labour of Antisemitism, Labour don’t want it because they don’t want to be accused of antisemitism 🤷🏻‍♂️

Evo1883

Can I ask why everybody In the whole world seems petrified to call out a wanky little nation thats committing war crimes and genocide ??

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Tories don’t want it cos they want to accuse Labour of Antisemitism, Labour don’t want it because they don’t want to be accused of antisemitism 🤷🏻‍♂️
You’re probably right as playing party politics is all they seem interested in. The fact is the British public support a ban and I doubt either will blink first and call for a ban.

messiahrobins

People are overreacting to this unfortunate incident. Yes it is tragic for those killed and their families, and obviously one sends their condolences to them as they grieve, but in war accidents happen. It is unfortunate, but unavoidable, this sort of thing has happened in every war, so called 'friendly fire' incidents.
Hamas are to blame. They started everything and Israel is trying to finish them and correctly so. There should be no ceasefire. No negotiations. Just let Israel do what it needs to do.

Evo1883

People are overreacting to this unfortunate incident. Yes it is tragic for those killed and their families, and obviously one sends their condolences to them as they grieve, but in war accidents happen. It is unfortunate, but unavoidable, this sort of thing has happened in every war, so called 'friendly fire' incidents.
Hamas are to blame. They started everything and Israel is trying to finish them and correctly so. There should be no ceasefire. No negotiations. Just let Israel do what it needs to do.

They've killed over 140 aid workers , in this incident 3 separate vehicles were targeted after retrieving injured form the previous vehicles .. this is not an accident

messiahrobins

They've killed over 140 aid workers , in this incident 3 separate vehicles were targeted after retrieving injured form the previous vehicles .. this is not an accident
Well i wouldn't trust the reporting of the media. Israel has promised an investigation so let them get on with it.
No way would they deliberately do this, what would be the point? It is likely an accident, or total incompetence, or possibly Hamas who did it or their sympathisers to make Israel look bad.

Evo1883

Well i wouldn't trust the reporting of the media. Israel has promised an investigation so let them get on with it.
No way would they deliberately do this, what would be the point? It is likely an accident, or total incompetence, or possibly Hamas who did it or their sympathisers to make Israel look bad.

Sure , it's an accident , clearly on the wind up tonight as several posts of yours have shown .

The villa Park being intimidating a favourite of mine tonight , brilliant

messiahrobins

Sure , it's an accident , clearly on the wind up tonight as several posts of yours have shown .

The villa Park being intimidating a favourite of mine tonight , brilliant
Not going to go through every season there, but were you there in 2001 when we got relegated?
You can troll all you like, but answer me this, why would Israel target Humanitarian Aid Workers? What do they gain? Please explain that to me.

Users who are viewing this thread