Isn't today the day? (1 Viewer)

hill83

Come on guys, these things are complicated. Stop rushing them.

CovFan

SB – Is it true the ground location will be named in 3 weeks?

ML- No. Another distorted conversation. CET rang up to ask about recent interviews. Journalist asked where the new site was. I was then misquoted. He said how long till you can announce? I never gave a timescale. I said at a minimum around a month but said that I wouldn’t quote a timescale because youjust can’t in property deals – it could take months and months. The elder statesman of Coventry & Warwickshire property, Harvey Williams, likes to remind people that just to negotiate the lease at Rytontook two and a half years!

I say really that is Labovich calling simon gilbert a lier, it's not like it's a slight misquote, of course the truth is almost certainly that Simon quoted him accurately and Labovich is lying.
The journalist at the Coventry Observer also heard and reporter what Labovich allegedly said.

Moff

Fisher and Labovitch:
attachment.php

I thought they were a little more like this
Zippy_and_George_%282261445576%29.jpg

hill83

"The telegraph are full of rubbish journalists and they make stuff up all the time, it's because they are owned the Trinity Mirror. It's basically a tabloid, you can't trust anything they say. Plus it's based in Birmingham and not in Coventry anymore so they can't be trusted. I wouldn't believe anything they publish on their website or within their newspaper. They are being paid off by Sisu"

This is true though.

*big winking smiley before anyone damages their laptop*

valiant15

"The telegraph are full of rubbish journalists and they make stuff up all the time, it's because they are owned the Trinity Mirror. It's basically a tabloid, you can't trust anything they say. Plus it's based in Birmingham and not in Coventry anymore so they can't be trusted. I wouldn't believe anything they publish on their website or within their newspaper. They are being paid off by Sisu"

This is true though.

To be fair the telegraph were up sisu's arse for quite a while.

I liked the piss take that they done on tango man though.

After he left.

Your all wrong. Today's the day that teddy bears have their picnic. That's what Labrador stated.

How could you possibly misunderstand that, Doh!!

blend

He actually said - Could be as EARLY as 3 weeks.

You say that as if you are happy with the info from the club, when is it then? Why even bother giving misleading info on purpose unless you hold your customers in utter disdain. If we all know they treat us like complete mugs or even worse with contempt why do some still defend them?!

shmmeee

This is true though.

To be fair, that was pretty much what Labovitch said about Gilbert, but with ACL in place of Sisu.

It's like someone's printing this forum at times. I can't wait for Grendel to make an appearance as a music critic/agony aunt.

Sub

any annoucement today or just another bullshit date given by the clubs owners?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

He actually said - Could be as EARLY as 3 weeks.

The quote I read said 'about 3 weeks'. You may think it's semantics, but that's very different to what you are claiming. Your claim is that he stated 'as early as 3 weeks', which could fairly be interpreted that it could be three weeks, or it could be 20; hence folk should get off his back.

The statement I read, which says 'about 3 weeks' means that it should be on or around now - and doesn't give the statement the latitude you are trying to afford it.

Why do you go out of your way - every time - to afford statements like this an excuse they don't deserve?

Last edited:

shmmeee

The quote I read said 'about 3 weeks'. You may think it's semantics, but that's very different to what you are claiming. You claim that 'as early as 3 weeks' means that it could be three weeks, or it could be 20. The statement I read, which says 'about 3 weeks' means that it should be about now - and doesn't give the statement the latitude you are trying to afford it.

Why do you go out of your way - every time - to afford statements like this an excuse they don't deserve?

Gilbert says he's certain on what he wrote and has notes to prove it. I'm going to go with that rather than the constantly changing word of a man whose entire business career has been about dodgy dealings.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Gilbert says he's certain on what he wrote and has notes to prove it. I'm going to go with that rather than the constantly changing word of a man whose entire business career has been about dodgy dealings.

In The Telegraph on July 26th 2013, Fisher proudly declared that "terms had been agreed” on one site, subject to contract and that they had entered “exclusive talks on a second site”. He went on to add that they were “aiming to finalise a deal within eight weeks.” So, we should have all been done and dusted by mid-September.

Then on the 15th January, in the infamous Gilbert interview, Labovich clearly states: "We are about three weeks away from being able to name the final site. We are down to two sites and hopefully, within a month, two will be down to one". He now claims to have been misquoted; which tends to insinuate that this false dawn will be exactly that, and another promise will disappear like may of it's predecessors.

I don't care if you think SISU/ACL/CCC or Walt Disney are to blame for this current malaise, you have to agree that this is wrong. These people have OUR football team playing in a third rate ground, almost 40 miles away from home whilst this pantomime continues. And for people to peddle weak excuses is frankly beyond me - and that's from anyone claiming to have any affinity for a football team playing it's football, representing Coventry, in Coventry

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I think Labo meant to say the announcement would be three weeks after the JR....

How? It clearly states: 'We are about three weeks away from being able to name the final site' on 15th January.

The word is 'are'. Not 'will be following JR'. How can you read any JR time-dependency into that quoted in the CET?

Last edited:

Hobo

Isn't Today The Day?

This could run and run, it's so appropriate for debate everyday!

dongonzalos

Brighton & Hove Albion have announced a financial loss of £14.7m in their accounts for the 2012-13 season.
The club's operating loss from the previous campaign was £8.6m.
New signings and a larger wage bill meant the club's "footballing costs" rose from £14.8m to £20.9m as Brighton came close to promotion.
"This shows the reality of football in the Championship and demonstrates the very high cost of being competitive," said chief executive Paul Barber.
Brighton finished fourth in the Championship table last season, losing in the play-off semi-finals to Crystal Palace.
In what was their second season playing at the Amex Stadium, the Sussex club recorded the highest average attendance in the Football League and saw turnover grow by more than £1m to £23.3m.
Income from ticketing, commercial and retail increased but administrative and operational costs rose to £17.2m.
The club says "a number of one-off exceptional costs", including a staff redundancy programme, have been made in preparation for when Financial Fair Play (FFP) sanctions are imposed by the Football League.
"We continued to grow the revenues we can control but, in order to compete at the top end of the Championship, we had to once again rely on another considerable investment from our chairman Tony Bloom," Barber added.
"Not only has Tony provided interest-free funding to build the Amex Stadium and the new training ground project, he has also covered the club's losses to date and is committed to funding future losses.
"The board's short-term ambition remains to see the club promoted to, and established within, the top level of English football."
Under FFP rules, (external) clubs making a loss of more than £8m this season will be subject to sanctions by the Football League, which include possible fines or a transfer embargo.
Last year Barber said the club were taking the rules seriously, while in September the club's head of football operations David Burke told BBC Sussex they hope clubs who do not comply with the rules are penalised.
"We simply cannot sit back and rely on Tony's continued generosity alone," Barber said.
"The new rules do not allow this, even if it was something Tony was prepared to do.
"As a club we remain committed to the Financial Fair Play philosophy.
"The challenge for all of us is to continue to ensure the club is as efficient as possible, while continuing to grow our income streams.
"With regard to the FFP landscape, it is still new territory for all clubs and there has been much talk at both Premier League and Championship level about what other clubs are doing and whether they will comply.
"We remain absolutely committed to a long-term strategy which ensures our future financial sustainability, so, whilst it may not be a perfect system, we continue to agree with the principle of FFP."

Grendel

Owning your own stadium not all its cracked up to be?

I assume you are aware of the FFP rules in the championship differ significantly to League One?

bigfatronssba

I assume you are aware of the FFP rules in the championship differ significantly to League One?

You mean a £14.7m loss in the championship is really only £500k?

Sky Blue Dal

So you trying to say that if we own our stadium we will be ok as long as we stay in league 1.

I can see you lack ambitions for our club to succeed. You must be the only person here who seems to want us to stay in league 1!

Dongo is only pointing out the facts and yes are right the FFP does differ as you move from league to league, but it does also point out that buying or building a new stadium will add to our debts which we will affect us when it comes to FFP at ever league we in.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Not sure what you're getting at here? No matter what the FFP rules are they have still lost £14.7m in 2012-13 and £8.6m the season before haven't they? Would seem to indicate that owning and operating your own stadium and getting all the associated revnues doesn't resolve all the financial issues.

jesus-wept

To me the solution is simple, someone in the media ask Labovitch where are we regards the new stadium

will am i

THIS IS A RUMOUR

Ive been doing some work with an East Midlands football club and someone reasonably high up has told me the rumour doing the rounds is that SISU are looking to buy Nuneaton Town and redevelop there. I dont know enough about Nuneaton to know if this is feasible. It probably would explain why FOI requests came -back as they did - Im not that knowledgeable about those either though

fernandopartridge

THIS IS A RUMOUR

Ive been doing some work with an East Midlands football club and someone reasonably high up has told me the rumour doing the rounds is that SISU are looking to buy Nuneaton Town and redevelop there. I dont know enough about Nuneaton to know if this is feasible. It probably would explain why FOI requests came -back as they did - Im not that knowledgeable about those either though

How would somebody at an unconnected East Midlands football club know any more about this than anybody else?

Why would SISU buy a new football club when that football club is in financial trouble anyway?

Captain Dart

THIS IS A RUMOUR

Well the Cov Telegraph should put the question direct to Ian Neale to see if he will or will not deny having discussions with SISU/CCFC/CRBE etc. But I doubt there is anything in this as the Liberty Way site is probably under 10 acres, though Nuneaton Town FC is for sale.

will am i

How would somebody at an unconnected East Midlands football club know any more about this than anybody else?

Why would SISU buy a new football club when that football club is in financial trouble anyway?
I have no idea im only repeating what i am told. I assume they could groundshare it with Nuneaton. Financial sense and SISU are rarely in the same sentence when it comes to CCFC. I have no information other than repeating a rumour. As for unconnected east midlands football club - they are in the same industry an people tend to talk. Do piss me off by calling us Covhampton though

shy_tall_knight

In The Telegraph on July 26th 2013, Fisher proudly declared that "terms had been agreed” on one site, subject to contract and that they had entered “exclusive talks on a second site”. He went on to add that they were “aiming to finalise a deal within eight weeks.” So, we should have all been done and dusted by mid-September.

Then on the 15th January, in the infamous Gilbert interview, Labovich clearly states: "We are about three weeks away from being able to name the final site. We are down to two sites and hopefully, within a month, two will be down to one". He now claims to have been misquoted; which tends to insinuate that this false dawn will be exactly that, and another promise will disappear like may of it's predecessors.

I don't care if you think SISU/ACL/CCC or Walt Disney are to blame for this current malaise, you have to agree that this is wrong. These people have OUR football team playing in a third rate ground, almost 40 miles away from home whilst this pantomime continues. And for people to peddle weak excuses is frankly beyond me - and that's from anyone claiming to have any affinity for a football team playing it's football, representing Coventry, in Coventry

Great post, CCC / ACL & the former owners have all contributed to this situation but this continual "pantomime" that SISU are playing out is making us a laughing stock, owning a 12,000 stadium in warwickshire is hardly a sign of progress and something to appease the fans.

Mr T - Sukka!

No new stadium will be built. Its now clear and out in the open.

We were told 3 weeks. That has passed. What next we will be told 6-9 weeks? They are trying to string along the gulible ones.

Thankfully the majority can see through the bullshit.

There is a famous quote "you can fool some of the people, some of the time. But you cannot fool all of the people all of the time."

Kneeza

And... 'Tomorrow never comes'
And... 'A watched kettle never boils'
And... 'SISU are twats'

Just a few more famous quotes.

shmmeee

Great post, CCC / ACL & the former owners have all contributed to this situation but this continual "pantomime" that SISU are playing out is making us a laughing stock, owning a 12,000 stadium in warwickshire is hardly a sign of progress and something to appease the fans.

If we're counting anyone at all who has meant CCFC aren't still a Prem team for "our situation" perhaps we should add the fans to that group that are "to blame", not to mention the players and managers.

Users who are viewing this thread