isnt it time to support SISU? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

and they say footballers are thick?? we have got some proper thick fans too ! try reading the post again dumbos!! i am not supporting sisu what so ever though i can understand their position, im simply pointing out the facts as they are and asking the question.. is there any point opposing sisu? i mean lets face it the so called protesters have failed miserably

the difference between supporters like me and some of the idiots here is i am not a hypocrite ... i remember all the fans loving sisu when they saved our club. i remember them paying out for decent players and i understand their pot is not limitless... what the hell is wrong with some of you... you put a grand or 2 into following your club, sisu have put millions in. and look as though they will lose the lot. i think some of you need to bloody grow up. its a business for them guys try and understand that

SISU pay out NOTHING for players, (Dann, and Fox cost buttons) Since then they have SOLD every decent asset we have got.
And you call people like me a Dumbo:eek:....I suggest you dig deep into your pocket to support SISU, because I'm done with throwing money into their coffers:jerkit:

valiant15

What's the biggest fee they've payed out since they've been here,eastwood i think? 1million,that's nothing even in the championship. We could of had a decent squad if they would of shown a bit of ambition,maybe even a promotion.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
i ask you to consider where fighting and constantly slagging off our owners is getting us. does anyone of our fans remember the vitriolic protests against mike ashley at Newcastle?? the mans a goerdie god now, (and we are fickle)!first off i do not slag off the owners or fight with them, i disagree however with much of what they have done and achieved and voice my opinion. And yes i remember but Ashley is not a geordie god although he might be better appreciated by some. Most of the fans at CCFC want to see a properly run, transparent operation that brings a successful football team - the current situation is largely of SISU's own making

before you answer please consider these 5 questions and then anser them in your reply:

1: sisu pay 500,000 a month to keep the club afloat, avoiding administration on more than one occasion and saviing the club from liquidation when buying the club. Should SISU not take money from selling players? Do they ? is that every month or close season ? who created the current mess by not understanding the business and not addressing the issues? Who therefore has taken us to the brink of administration or liquidation ? - am i grateful for that - NO. SISU cant take money out from player sales because they need apparently to put money in - there is no spare cash to repay SISU it goes to pay the bills. The two are mutually exclusive - have they built in other costs .... well thats a different question

2: do you think SISU may look after the fans in a more positive fashion if the fans were to support our owners? support by means of attending matches, putting money into the club even investing in the club through a fans player buy scheme, where the fans buy a player for the club and share the profit when sold? and if that could happen, lets say we buy a player between 1000 of us paying 1000 pounds each to buy the player, sisu pay the wage, cost 1 million. the players then sells for 3 million (if we buy right) we double to treble our investment after the club takes a cut of the wage they have paid. if you think SISU are swayed by public opinion one way or another then you are mistaken. They are focused on one thing only - money ..... and have got their sums wrong. Check the rules for player ownership. How much do you think that you would need to pay a £1m player per year say over a 3 year contract ? last one we had was pushing £10k a week plus associated costs - there would be no profit to be had. But would i trust them with my money - No. This is dreamland stuff and pointless I doubt you could find 1000 fans willing to put the money in whilst SISU are still in control

3: should the above investment happen and you could tripple your money are you saying you wouldnt sell? and if you would are you in aggreement that you can fully understand on a business point of veiw why sisu should sell the players we have if they can get some money for them?? They sell because they have to .... because the books do not balance .... it isnt because it is an investment........... triple the money- see above it wont happen

4: do you expect SISU to simply keep ploughing 500,000 pounds a month into the business with no return? is that honestly how you would run your investment? frankly do not expect much from them given past performance - the reason they put money in is not for good business reasons it is because they are protecting the loans they have already made - they get more for the business as a going concern. NO i wouldn't run my investment like they have but then again neither would a lot of people

5: would you liquidate?
would certainly consider it - but dont want it

This is not about choosing to fight SISU this is the moral support of OUR club that has once more been shafted by its owners. There did not need to be £40m loaned to the company ...... only reason there has been is because SISU have had to fund the many mistakes they have made to protect their money. It is simply a matter of getting our club properly run, successful on and off the pitch, transparent in direction and ownership and owners taking responsibility rather than blaming every other tom dick and harry. Do i have confidence in SISU doing that - no not at all

Do SISU choose to create an aggressive relationship with the fans ...... so far yes. Do they try to grow the essential trust between owners and fans ? - well they pay lip service to it but just about every time it falls down because they have failed to be quite as reliable or transparent as they should be. This is not a one sided thing ..... it isnt just about the fans having a go at SISU, it is also about SISU not valuing the fans - and it has come back and bit them (SISU)

Last edited:

Godiva

I am going to give SISU all the support they deserve. I am buying a new top next weekend. I am going to get SISU put on the back of it. I still have decisions to make. Should I also have a number on the back as well, and if so which number? Also, should the word OUT go alongside SISU or underneath it?

A number?
If I put myself in your mind, I would probably come up with the number 666.

Brighton Sky Blue

would certainly consider it - but dont want it

This is not about choosing to fight SISU this is the moral support of OUR club that has once more been shafted by its owners. There did not need to be £40m loaned to the company ...... only reason there has been is because SISU have had to fund the many mistakes they have made to protect their money. It is simply a matter of getting our club properly run, successful on and off the pitch, transparent in direction and ownership and owners taking responsibility rather than blaming every other tom dick and harry. Do i have confidence in SISU doing that - no not at all

Do SISU choose to create an aggressive relationship with the fans ...... so far yes. Do they try to grow the essential trust between owners and fans ? - well they pay lip service to it but just about every time it falls down because they have failed to be quite as reliable or transparent as they should be. This is not a one sided thing ..... it isnt just about the fans having a go at SISU, it is also about SISU not valuing the fans - and it has come back and bit them (SISU)

Did you catch the Apprentice final where one of them suggested a hedge fund fine wine venture? The two words send shivers down my spine courtesy of SISU!

thorninmyside

And OSB gets the prize for the proper way in which he replies. you cant argue with his opinion though that doesnt make it 100% correct, nor can i make a correct assessment, it is simply opinions based on little facts we are allowed to know. my post seems to have been taken as a "i love sisu" post. I certainly do not... i remember saying they would do what they have done years ago on the CET forum ... when a lot of the members slated me and called me all kinds of stuff... like when i predicted we would be relagated this year in 2010. i just think the fans are two faced a little, wether SISU are right or wrong, they dont have a endless pot, all businesses cut their losses when they are failing, at least sisu admit they are failing, they have admitted to poor decisions in the past. i think some or even a majority of fans are being totally unrealistic, we are where we are not because sisu didnt buy new players at a certain time, or sold players at a certain time ... every club outside the premier is in the same position.#

no, it is more to do with influx of managers, board issues, the club being wrongly managed, the lack of investment, the lack of fans and so on ... the list really does go on and on.. i think it is easy to blame SISU but in reality it is not that simple. this post was more about the fact that SISU is what we have and we ought to get used to it. I used Mike Ashley as a representation of how fans can get it so terribly wrong.. they prejudge him, a little like the wigan fans did when whelan came into the scene proper.

for all we know SISU may have planned to take the club down a league because there is that fashion among clubs of getting a winning mentality, and starting with a new canvas at a time everything coventry city had turned ultimately stale, i for one could see the reasoning. For all we know SISU could be planning to get the rent lowered, invest in the areas surrounding the ricoh build and use those investments to build the club, in the same way they were touting the chinese pretenders.

i wish our fans would realise that should we build a better relationship with the owners they may just begin to love the club which would benefit us, but at the moment i should think the club is a weight around their necks that they are desperate to get off. there is simply no point fighting them. it wont change anything.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
never have claimed to be 100% correct in my opinions tims :)............. it is just my opinions based on the facts we know...... i wont get it all right all of the time ..... and i am comfortable with that

Thing about relationships is that it has to be of equal balance between both parties for it to work well....... and a relationship is rarely best founded on money..... there has to be more than that. SISU chose to spend their clients money on CCFC and in doing so forced their style of relationship on us. There was a great opportunity and fans goodwill when SISU came in ...... they failed to grasp and foster that ..... they chose the manner in which they connected with fans, we didnt.... they can hardly complain that the relationship is broken for many now.

I understand what you are saying - but to take your last comment further - no point fighting, but no point getting cosy with them either because as you say it wont change anything. SISU will do exactly and only what they want to do ...... and it will only ever be about the money

Sky Blue Kid

To put it all in laymans terms....SISU have s**t on the fans from a great height. In turn we (The fans) have said, here's our money for the Toilet paper(ST).....s**t on us again please, and here's the money for more Toilet paper(ST)x4 years.:jerkit:

Tank Top

Its of my opinion, that the time for bonding, with SISU/Hedgefund, is long since passed, theirs was the opportunity at takeover time, when we, the fans, had gone through a nightmare scenario of near Liquidation
Then was the time, for SISU to put their arm arround us and declare"Its going to be tough,but come on Board, and we will build this club together"they failed to do this, and took up their position behind a cloak of Arrogance and secrecy, completely rejecting the fans pleas, to be kept in the picture,WE are where we are today, partly because of SISUs complete and utter failing, of not knowing, which pulse of a Football club to put their finger on.
The result is, the utter destruction of a club That I've supported for over 50yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread