Isn't Baker SHIT? (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

your such a victim aint you?

Don't be a plonker. You claimed Baker got a load of praise after Leeds. You were wrong, so I pointed it out. Meh, twas probably you saying he was crap then too
!

Sick Boy

PRobably the guy who was given a £150,000 and asked to find a squad player to be a sub ,or slot into a squad that contained 5 or 6 quality players ?

I thought he cost £300,000?

He has never been a Championship-standard squad player.

CCFC123

As was mentioned at work today Baker doesn't appear to be strong enough for the pro game. He looks like he's ill when he plays (flu like) and lacks energy and drive.

CCFC123

I'm not a huge fan of Baker but lets hope he doesn't read this forum. I doubt he tries to play badly, look at the owners as to why we have so few options.

I'm unsure why we can't say nice things about our players. Not one constructive comment on here just a series of insults and moans about one of OUR players. The only unforgivable crime imo is lack of effort and yet I would hazzard a guess that some of you here abusing Baker if I go through the history of your posts will be Eastwood lovers.

I sometimes wonder If one or two need to read this forum and realise a few home truths. Bakers had enough time here and you could could count the amount of good games on one hand. Yes just like Eastwood, Platt, McDonald, Hussey. I often think that CCFC players dont feel enough pressure from the fans like other clubs and I also have an impression that they milk this club as it's easy money to be earn't.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I dont expect nice things and if the performance deserves criticism (of the constructive nature) then fine, but these constant threads abusing our players, our manager and even our fans soemtimes, I find irritating and bemusing in equal share. We all know who the real villains are in all of this and yet they have somehow divided the fans when we should be united in removing them.
I agree comments just calling him shit are unneeded and pointless but you asked

"I'm unsure why we can't say nice things about our players."

This is an unfair comment, on the whole the majority of fans praise the team and individuals when we play well and equally so criticise when we don't play well.
The only player that came out of Forest with any praise was Murphy.

All fans realise it is imperative to the long term future of the club to have new owners but that doesn't mean no one else is to blame, it isn't Baker's fault he is not good enough but the most frustrating thing is when he shows ability in flashes without any consistency. We are not asking for Lionel Messi performances but to do the basics, Bakers crossing vs Forest was woeful for that of a professional footballer. You don't have to have bags of skill to cross into the penalty box, it was just lazy cross after lazy cross and the crossing was of a sunday league standard.

WillieStanley

I dont expect nice things and if the performance deserves criticism (of the constructive nature) then fine, but these constant threads abusing our players, our manager and even our fans soemtimes, I find irritating and bemusing in equal share. We all know who the real villains are in all of this and yet they have somehow divided the fans when we should be united in removing them.

Post of the year!!

Mr T - Sukka!

Some games he looks a threat and other games he seems like he is not involved. He does tend to drift off his marker and he lets himself down at times with his final ball.

If he keeps his chin up and works hard he may turn out to be a good player.

Unfortunatley CCFC need all players doing the business NOW!

This nearly bollox will get us relegated, this goes for all the players!

torchomatic

I couldn't agree more particularly when we have a thread criticizing Jon Gaunt for doing exactly the same thing. It seems it's OK for people on here to slag off the club and the players, but not for Jon Gaunt.

CCFC123

Oh for f***ks sake ! Stop sticking up for these over paid useless turds that couldn't give a shit. If some of the posters on here sticking up for these players thought Baker and some of the other players actually thought about there individual performances and CCFC as a club they would soon change there tune believe me !

Were a meal ticket and come 5.30pm when the drive off home they couldn't give a toss. I really do have to smile when I see these players being supported when they give f*8k all back in return.

ashbyjan

Baker, McSheffrey and Bell couldn't win a 50:50 challenge if their lives depended on it, even less chance if its just for a club they don't give a toss about. They wimp out of challenges, get out-muscled, play like little girls - sorry looking at some of the Cov Ladies they look like they have more fight than these three fairies put together. McSheffrey wimped out of a challenge on Saturday after having mis-controlled the ball for the millionth time and that lead to the first Forest goal - and he showed so little desire that then he couldn't catch a guy running with the ball - claims to be a die hard Cov fan? All he cares about, just like the other two, is himself and his pay packet.

Sick Boy

The same Baker & Bell who Thorn describes as 'quality' and offers them new contracts? Couldn't we have spent their wages better elsewhere next season?

Nonleagueherewecome

more lies....go find where i have said that douchebag

I didn't say you did say it, just sarcastically said "I wouldn't be surprised" if you had. At worst you can maybe accuse me of defamation, but not lies.

Interestingly I considered douchebag for you, but thought plonker was suitably apposite. It'll all make sense when President Douchebag wins his second term :p

rob9872

Baker, McSheffrey and Bell couldn't win a 50:50 challenge if their lives depended on it, even less chance if its just for a club they don't give a toss about. They wimp out of challenges, get out-muscled, play like little girls - sorry looking at some of the Cov Ladies they look like they have more fight than these three fairies put together. McSheffrey wimped out of a challenge on Saturday after having mis-controlled the ball for the millionth time and that lead to the first Forest goal - and he showed so little desire that then he couldn't catch a guy running with the ball - claims to be a die hard Cov fan? All he cares about, just like the other two, is himself and his pay packet.

What a helpful comment - thank goodness you gave up your power trip to get a seat on the board!

The truth is that if we were where we all wanted to be, these guys along with a number of others would probably in the reserves or moved on. The fact they are not, shows where we are in terms of quality and ability and it is not their fault that they are being asked to do a job they are not up to. If there was other quality on the pitch nobody would complain about the reserves. We have what we have, I'm sure they are trying despite soemtimes looking poor, why not support them?

sup·port·er n.
1. One that supports, as a structural member of a building.
2. One who promotes or advocates; an adherent: a supporter of capitalism.
3. An athletic supporter.
4. Heraldry An animal or figure that supports a shield in a coat of arms.

Sterling Archer

My issue with Baker is that when he is a sub and comes on for the last 20 minutes he can be unplayable and looks excellent. When he starts it looks like he is conserving his energy to last 90 minutes.

There is a decent player in Baker but it seems as though it may not be at this level as a starter. I prefer to see him starting than Bell. I also think Deegan is horrifically overrated by our fans just because he "puts a shift in." Deegan needs to work on his positioning as it sometimes leaves us exposed and his passing can often be quite wayward.

Its a shame that Bigirimana seems to have lost any confidence he seemingly had prior to his red card and technique wise there is a cracking bit of potential there. Thomas seems to improve with every game but has the odd stinker and we all know Clingan can be a class act but seems to have his mind elsewhere this season comapred to the standards he has set in past seasons.

To summarise, our strength in depth plus our midfield and chance creation is the crux of our on the field problems in my opinion.

ashbyjan

Rob - if you read the post you would notice that no-where have I questioned their quality or ability - what I question is their heart, desire and fight. They are always quick to beat the drum and talk a good fight before a game but when it comes down to it they are wimping out of tackles and showing no desire at all. It not the size of the dog in the fight that's important, it's the size of the fight in the dog that counts. And these three have no fight in them whatsoever and that is what is needed at this time.

I support the team and the players, never booing a player during a game as I believe its counter-productive but I am allowed an opinion about the players or do we simply worship them blindly because they are lucky enough to wear a Sky Blue shirt and thereby are exempt from any form of criticism?

Nonleagueherewecome

Ask Stockport fans if he has a heart and they'll say it's one of the biggest in football. Playing the day after your brother dies takes courage.

CCFC123

Ask Stockport fans if he has a heart and they'll say it's one of the biggest in football. Playing the day after your brother dies takes courage.

what's that got to do with putting in a shift on the pitch? I feel for the guy i really do but please dont get emotion and commitement wrapped into one thing. Baker hasn't lifted a leg since he's been here.

pusbccfc

I remember a article on the bbc site after he scored 2 winning goals for stockport the day after losing his brother.
What a fantastic bloke for that, he was told by fans, players, the manager and everyone involved in stockport not to play yet, he came out and scored 2 goals.

I know a stockport fan and he tells me, baker is worshipped at stockport, as not only a fantastic man, but a man that was one of their finest players, scoring 13 goals in under half a season from midfield.

Brighton Sky Blue

There's a difference between being a lightweight and 'not caring'. Deegan is built like a tank so he's far harder to get off the ball. Sheff/Bell/Baker are all small/skinny/not tanks so they don't have that part of their game-in theory, pace and better technique should compensate for that.

pusbccfc

There's a difference between being a lightweight and 'not caring'. Deegan is built like a tank so he's far harder to get off the ball. Sheff/Bell/Baker are all small/skinny/not tanks so they don't have that part of their game-in theory, pace and better technique should compensate for that.

Baker is 6ft2 though!

Users who are viewing this thread