Is today? - Retained List Thread (3 Viewers)

Hobo

Aaron Martin has been here a couple of years so perhaps his contract is one of the higher paid and they feel they can do better for the money?

Perhaps they have someone lined up?

I thought he did alright this season.

ccfc92

We won't get any compensation for the young released players will we? As we haven't offered contracts?

I know it wouldn't be much, but every little helps etc.

SkyBlueRuffian

He's very much in the style of Vincelot - a ball-winning midfielder who looks to break up play and hound opposition players - but with a better physique and more speed. Suffered an ACL injury in October while captaining the Under-21s and has been out since. Expects to be back in August/September.

Sounds promising!

ccfc92

Not bothered about any of those apart from Aaron Martin. A shame that. I would have kept Philips too.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Martin and JOB for me.

Phillips I was undecided on.

Hopefully TM has some serious players lined up :) Not like Ramage, Henderson, Hunt and MAF etc

Hobo

Rickets and Tudgay I don't see as being on massive contracts. Mowbray rates the way they handle themselves on and off the pitch. With so many youngsters coming through good role models are essential.

See both as squad players experienced heads.

Will be interesting who else he brings in.

Mr T - Sukka!

Mr t please explain how martin and tudguy failed the fans. Martin was consistent and one of the best players this season. Tudguy scored 5 in 6
rediculous statement did you go to games this season ?

Went every home game. Season ticket.
I liked Aaron Martin. Good player. However we were leaking too many goals at corners/crosses. Mowbray has made a decsion. I trust him.

Terry Gibson's perm

A year ago I would have said get shot of Martin but I thought he had a good season, the rest are no loss

Skyblueweeman

C.Thomas going alone frees up some good wages. Wasn't he on something ridiculous like £8k a week? Glad to see him go...not achieved potential but has been unlucky with injuries. Good luck to him elsewhere though.

Could say the same about Fleck...really want him to stay but would imagine he's also one of the highest earners so would free up some decent wages. I'd be surprised if he stays though. I know a couple of championship clubs enquired in January.

Gaz

I'm surprised by some on the list as even if they are going to be first team players, I'd have thought someone like Phillips would have been a decent enough squad player to keep.

stupot07

Not really, it is factually correct ;-) It also represents his lack of minutes on minutes on the pitch. Ie; not very many...
Its not factually correct, he started 8 games in all competitions, and if you're only including league games, then you have discount 1 of his 5 goals :p

Like i said, he's the the one I would have kept, he was chronically underused by Mowbray, but let's not overhype him. Glad he's been offered another deal though, but I wont expect him to feature much more than last season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Reda I am going to suggest is not healing well from his injury. Logically only thing that makes sense. Would hate for him to end up at a rival that's for sure :(

Unless we play against them in the first 8 matches it won't be a problem.

Rodders1

Reda Johnson, Conor Thomas, Aaron Martin, Martin Lorentzson, Aaron Phillips, Peter Ramage, Stephen Hunt and Darius Henderson will all be released following the end of their contracts.
Striker Marc-Antoine Fortune has had his contract cancelled immediately to help facilitate the next stage of his career and Joe Cole has already left the club.
I think Lorentzson should have been kept. Thought he looked very good on the ball. Martin also is bit of a surprise

stupot07

I think Lorentzson should have been kept. Thought he looked very good on the ball. Martin also is bit of a surprise
He had injury issue though, only managed 7 appearance out if a possible 24/25.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2477

Do we have any experieced cetre half left now and please dont say Willis

no_loyalty

TM with probably use the Martin & Johnson freed up combined wage to sign a top class centre half?

the rumpo kid

although martin didn't have a bad season this time out last season was a disaster and hes a likeable guy but I don't think hes very good. as someone said earlier comfortable keeps you in league 1.......use some of the money and buy Bradley dack

no_loyalty

although martin didn't have a bad season this time out last season was a disaster and hes a likeable guy but I don't think hes very good. as someone said earlier comfortable keeps you in league 1.......use some of the money and buy Bradley dack

I think Bradley Dack will be playing Championship football next season, we may be able to get Moncur from Colchester?

sperrin07

Vardy wasnt great last season, wouldnt take him to the Euros

6 Generations

Rickets and Tudgay I don't see as being on massive contracts. Mowbray rates the way they handle themselves on and off the pitch. With so many youngsters coming through good role models are essential.

See both as squad players experienced heads.

Will be interesting who else he brings in.

This is an excellent post.

Seaside-Skyblue

Im not upset by any of those leaving. Martin was ok but quite lightweight and lacked dominance for a CB in my opinion. There are much better out there.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Top of my list would be Matty Taylor at Bristol Rovers,Paddy Madden at Scunthorpe or Nicky Ajose at Swindon.
Marcus Maddison at Peterborough midfield and also Moncur at Colchester.
Not sure on defenders hopefully Mowbray has this sorted .

skybluetony176

I'm not to upset about who's staying and who's going. Ricketts for me is worth a playing/coaching contract. I don't think he has the legs to play week in week out but he'd make a good squad player and by all accounts he's a positive influence on the training ground and in the changing room so combine that with some sort of youth coaching or even defense coaching and it could be the benefit for the team and wider club.

I get it that some are disappointed with one or two particular players leaving but shouldn't we wait to see who TM brings in as replacement's before passing final judgment?

covcity4life

Did mowbray release Martin or Maldini? Must be the Italian judging on the uproar lol

He wuda been TM 5th choice behind reda turner ricketts Cargill Stephens so it's no surprise

10 gone here. 5 loans too. Busy busy summer. I expect at least 8 new signings to go with jones gadzhev sayoudf already

Good news thursdays !! I cannot wait

no_loyalty

Centre back Gabriel Zakuani from Peterborough on a free?

Grendel

Did mowbray release Martin or Maldini? Must be the Italian judging on the uproar lol

He wuda been TM 5th choice behind reda turner ricketts Cargill Stephens so it's no surprise

10 gone here. 5 loans too. Busy busy summer. I expect at least 8 new signings to go with jones gadzhev sayoudf already

Good news thursdays !! I cannot wait

How would he have been 5th choice. Ricketts ahead of Martin in your eyes is delusional. His replacement will be Willis.

Ricketts will be captain and right back.

The other things that's funny is people like Tony banging on about a settled squad but then happy if players like Martin are released to allow new signings,

skybluetony176

How would he have been 5th choice. Ricketts ahead of Martin in your eyes is delusional. His replacement will be Willis.

The other things that's funny is people like Tony banging on about a settled squad but then happy if players like Martin are released to allow new signings,

Not even remotely close to what I said but good try.

Great_Expectations

Disappointed and surprised re Martin, but with his and Reda's combined wages, I'm sure we can sign an established, dominant CB, to play alongside Willis. Harries, Ricketts and Stokes can cover. As long as Martin's saved wages are used for that purpose, it's probably the right call.

The rest should free up a lot of wages, and coupled with JM's transfer, will hopefully allow TM to build a competitive squad before the season starts.

I would love us to sign stand out players from the league below and poach others from sides in our league. That would be a real sign of intent for me.

No more players on the way down. Let Tudgay and Ricketts be the experienced heads, and focus on players with something to prove.

covcity4life

Who said it was my view? I said in tony eyes. I didn't pass judgement on the decision one way or the other. I just said it's not a big surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread