Is today? - Retained List Thread (1 Viewer)

Specs WT-R75

Also re: Aaron Martin, I can only suggest he didn't want to agree new terms or has something else lined up. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

Winny the Bish

Is there anything in the fact that Fleck has already been offered a new deal while Ricketts and Tudgay have just entered negotiations? The club already been negotiating with him or is it a case of them putting their best offer on the table straight away and saying "take it or leave it"?

Winny the Bish

Never seen Lawton play, any good?

He's very much in the style of Vincelot - a ball-winning midfielder who looks to break up play and hound opposition players - but with a better physique and more speed. Suffered an ACL injury in October while captaining the Under-21s and has been out since. Expects to be back in August/September.

J

Jack Griffin

I said yesterday I wouldn't be surprised to see Martin head for the exit, Mowbray has never been a fan from day 1

Think the fact he didn't play Sunday was a dead giveaway that he was headed for the door, don't think he's done a lot wrong though.

stupot07

Tudgay deserves a new deal, Arma said how brilliant he has been with him and 5 goals in 6 starts is a good return. He is reliable when he does get on the pitch

I'm happy that tudguy is being offered another contract, but to say he has 5 in 6 starts is wrong.

He's scored 2 in 8 starts, the other 3 were scored after coming on as a sub.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Martin and rickets aside, I'm happy with Mowbray's ruthlessness.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Think the fact he didn't play Sunday was a dead giveaway that he was headed for the door, don't think he's done a lot wrong though.

I thought that too.

He hasn't done anything wrong, and has probably been our best defender second to Stokes. However, if Mowbray doesn't like you, he doesn't like you. Look at JOB.

I wish him the best of luck, thought he came on leaps and bounds this year.

D

Deleted member 2477

Since martin came back the defence has looked alot more solid and he never put a foot wrong.
gutted and think tm has made a big mistake there. When martin was out we leaked goals

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Very surprised re Martin as he was much improved this season, but at the same time no so surprised given he didn't seem to be a favourite with Mowbray.

Do worry that this is a lot of outgoing a though. If we want to do things over a 2 year period, can we really afford so many changes when entering the second year?

Time will tell

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Pleased to see Thomas moving onto pastures new. Where do I sign up for my season ticket? :D

As for any of them linking up with Pressley, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to sign Thomas for Fleetwood. Wasn't it him who voted for him as his player of the season 2 years ago?

KersleyDigs

I'm happy that tudguy is being offered another contract, but to say he has 5 in 6 starts is wrong.

He's scored 2 in 8 starts, the other 3 were scored after coming on as a sub.

Not really, it is factually correct ;-) It also represents his lack of minutes on minutes on the pitch. Ie; not very many...

Pipehitterz

JUST READ THE THREAD
wow about martin, has to have turned something down surely???
if not we must have something very special lined up

all the others , meh, they werent good enough or uninjured enough while they were here

rickets i can see moving into a more backroom roll

AFCCOVENTRY

Tudgay hardly plays under Mogga yet he offers him a contract? Weird?

Martin one of our better plays and released? Weird?

Ricketts a liability and offered a contract...

Kingokings204

Conor Thomas has gone. Great news.

Not overly disappointed although personally I like JoB and Martin. Can't believe Martin has gone. He was brilliant this year for me

Mr T - Sukka!

All positive i think. These players FAILED the fans and the club last season. They should not be rewarded with a new contract.

Get rid of Tudgay (he wont get you 20 goals). Get rid of Ricketts (defending at Peterborugh) also.

Mowbray needs to be ruthless, being nice and comfy keeps you in L1.

All good signs so far.

ccfcway

All positive i think. These players FAILED the fans and the club last season. They should not be rewarded with a new contract.

Get rid of Tudgay (he wont get you 20 goals). Get rid of Ricketts (defending at Peterborugh) also.

All good signs so far.

I don't agree Martin failed at all. The rest I agree with

Brighton Sky Blue

All good signs so far.

I heard he's interested in a German midfielder, Heimlich, to help safeguard against any major choking next season.

coop

Martin was ok not great but good cover for someone incase of injuriesTM probably didn't like him ricketts is Teachers pet.

Chipfat

Be an interesting year for the younger players Kelly Evans, Lawton, Stevenson, Spence, Sayoud, Harries and Haynes this is the year they have to find the level or what career path they are going to take. All will be looked at to step up or step down a league, massive pre season for those individuals ahead, even bigger year for TM as now its his squad to make another step forward.

skyblue1991

Shocked with Martin leaving. We await to see about Ricketts

Happy with the other decisions.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2477

Mr t please explain how martin and tudguy failed the fans. Martin was consistent and one of the best players this season. Tudguy scored 5 in 6
rediculous statement did you go to games this season ?

ccfc92

I'm glad Stokes' contract has been extended. At least puts some value on him, even if he does go.

ccfclinney

No supprise for me any of them except maybe Martin but I think he would be a high earner same as obrien.. Am I right in thinking that Tudgay is only one left that Pressley actually signed ? Maybe stokes but he was actually signed by mowbray permentantly.. Anyone think mowbray has Ben turner lined up for a return next season that's why Martin released ?

torchomatic

Not bothered about any of those apart from Aaron Martin. A shame that. I would have kept Philips too.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread