Is this our year ? (2 Viewers)

mrtrench

The big difference I see this year is the way we play after we have gone ahead.

For years I have seen us forget trying to play football and cower in our own half, booting the ball randomly back to the opposition and yielding possession until we concede one or more goals. This year we are continuing to play with confidence, keeping the ball and looking to score again. That's not to say that there are no periods during the game when the other side has the majority of possession - but when that does happen we are gradually regaining control.

That, for me, is the mark of a side playing with confidence that they will win. And self-belief goes a long way towards achievement.

There are still 10 or more clubs that can win the league with a good run. But it's great to see us as one of them - and one of the sides that is better placed and most likely to kick on. The bookies *still* see us as less likely however. On Betfair Exchange, despite our points advantage, Oxford are 4.8/1 and we are 6.4/1. We are also behind Rotherham in the betting. Third favourite ain't bad - we're usually 1000/1 by now.

Covstu

The big difference I see this year is the way we play after we have gone ahead.

For years I have seen us forget trying to play football and cower in our own half, booting the ball randomly back to the opposition and yielding possession until we concede one or more goals. This year we are continuing to play with confidence, keeping the ball and looking to score again. That's not to say that there are no periods during the game when the other side has the majority of possession - but when that does happen we are gradually regaining control.

That, for me, is the mark of a side playing with confidence that they will win. And self-belief goes a long way towards achievement.

There are still 10 or more clubs that can win the league with a good run. But it's great to see us as one of them - and one of the sides that is better placed and most likely to kick on. The bookies *still* see us as less likely however. On Betfair Exchange, despite our points advantage, Oxford are 4.8/1 and we are 6.4/1. We are also behind Rotherham in the betting. Third favourite ain't bad - we're usually 1000/1 by now.
Totally agree on holding a lead, for years we look like imploding when we score as we side back that much but this year we are different. The only game I have seen us do this was Shrewsbury and look where that got us!

still still we need to add a quality wide player or JJ comes back to full fitness

Users who are viewing this thread