Is this our year ? (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Surely this is the best chance we’ve had at promotion the side is the most solid I’ve seen for some years maybe 1 shrewd signing in January but the squad is healthy.We have a keeper who’s up to the task finally the defence and midfield is very strong,Anyone name a better midfield pairing than Walsh & Kelly in the league ? Apart from the Rotherham game who just looked bigger & Stronger i can’t think of a side who’s looked better than us.2020 could be the season we clinch automatic promotion for sure full credit to the staff & players long may it continue.

PUSB

Evo1883

We certainly look a strong outfit now with a full squad basically...

It's there for us to do it, here's hoping

Harry_Walker

Rotherham result was down to great tactical work from their staff and multiple errors from us, stuff that we have seemed to of wiped out after the early stages of the season. Oxford probably only other side I came out of the game and thought they were a very good side even if we did score two of their goals for them.

With current form or quality of squads I see it being a four horse race between Rotherham, us, Oxford and Ipswich for the top 2.

RFC

Surely this is the best chance we’ve had at promotion the side is the most solid I’ve seen for some years maybe 1 shrewd signing in January but the squad is healthy.We have a keeper who’s up to the task finally the defence and midfield is very strong,Anyone name a better midfield pairing than Walsh & Kelly in the league ? Apart from the Rotherham game who just looked bigger & Stronger i can’t think of a side who’s looked better than us.2020 could be the season we clinch automatic promotion for sure full credit to the staff & players long may it continue.

PUSB

YES, YES, YES!

PVA

No reason why not, we're as good as anyone and with Godden back and firing hopefully we can start converting some of the numerous chances we create.

O'Hare, Allen and Jones (when fit) would probably get in most teams yet they're stuck on the bench for us.

It'd be a worry to lose one of the centre backs or Godden to injury, but otherwise we look very strong.

Sky Blue Harry H

Rotherham result was down to great tactical work from their staff and multiple errors from us, stuff that we have seemed to of wiped out after the early stages of the season. Oxford probably only other side I came out of the game and thought they were a very good side even if we did score two of their goals for them.

With current form or quality of squads I see it being a four horse race between Rotherham, us, Oxford and Ipswich for the top 2.

Think you can knock Ipswich out of that. Think the discord between their manager/fans/players? will disadvantage them.

clint van damme

No reason why not, we're as good as anyone and with Godden back and firing hopefully we can start converting some of the numerous chances we create.

O'Hare, Allen and Jones (when fit) would probably get in most teams yet they're stuck on the bench for us.

It'd be a worry to lose one of the centre backs or Godden to injury, but otherwise we look very strong.

Godden is the big one for me, if he gets injured it will give us a major issue.
Hope MR doesn't play him Sunday. A cup run would be nice but league is priority.

Briles

Shhhh.

no_loyalty

Ipswich? they haven't won in their last 11 games.

skybluesam66

21 games left
probably need 31 points for play offs or 42 points for autos

31 points is
W 9 D 4 L 8 (Surely this is the minimum)

42 points is

W 12 D 6 L 3 (A distinct possibility)

would be great to get 10000 to St Andrews for the mk game - wont happen, but we really need everyone now for that drive to the championship

SlowerThanPlatt

Let’s hope so. Some big games coming up. Donny, Wycombe, Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers in the next 5

The two automatic teams last season are 23rd and 24th so it would be a mammoth task to stay up never mind be competitive

Danceswithhorses

Lambert has just signed a contract extension until 2025. Surprised me when I read it.
Jaw dropped when i read that earlier.
Now Marcus Evans is a wealthy and shrewd businessman, so why offer Lambert a 5 year contract when they are on a terrible run ??
No wonder Lambert accepted...massive payoff when they eventually sack him.
Being a football manager is a shit job isn't it lol

Adge

I’ll let you know at the end of the season.....

theferret

Ipswich? they haven't won in their last 11 games.

True, but they are still well placed. It was only a few weeks back we were near the bottom of the form table. I have a feeling they will come on strong towards the end of the season.

Long way to go, but agree with above post, fancy ourselves, Oxford, Rotherham and Ipswich to be in the mix for the autos, but it is very tight this year, and with the comings and goings during January some sides will strengthen so it could all change.

Paxman II

I've been saying it sice Robins made his signings and all season that we could get auto's.
Have confidence people.

Reactions: TTG

Ricketts

Ae are the best footballing side in this league.

Personally I woulld prefer us to just miss out on going up, as I am happy to watch a similar season next year (yes, I know it doesn't really work like that)

The money in the Championship is still inflated and false, so let it crash and burn first, before we join it.

Frank Sidebottom

It should be our year, But it's Cov innit.
If we can carry on putting our chances away like we have in the last 2 games we'll piss this league, Its absolute dog shit this season. We've dominated and could've and should've won all our games this season bar the Rotherham blip. Even when we only had Baka up top.
I'm kind of hoping if we beat Bristol in the cup we get a mid table Championship side in the 4th round who are taking the cup seriously so we can get an idea of how we would fair at that level.

SkyblueTexan

We need to stay grounded and take it 1 game at a time. As of Jan 1, only 10 points separate the top 10 teams. It’s anybody’s guess who can make it out of this pack.

SBbucks

Personally I woulld prefer us to just miss out on going up, as I am happy to watch a similar season next year (yes, I know it doesn't really work like that)
That's insane. The continued recovery of the club depends on maintaining the momentum created over the last 3 seasons. We may or may not be promoted, but hoping we don't go up is madness; this league is so tight, with so many 'big' clubs that it may be years before we get another opportunity as good as this. I suggest you check with Notts County how narrowly missing out on promotion worked out for them.

Covstu

That's insane. The continued recovery of the club depends on maintaining the momentum created over the last 3 seasons. We may or may not be promoted, but hoping we don't go up is madness; this league is so tight, with so many 'big' clubs that it may be years before we get another opportunity as good as this. I suggest you check with Notts County how narrowly missing out on promotion worked out for them.
Exactly, can’t understand the mentality. Look at Luton and Barnsley etc both tough seasons but I bet they don’t regret going up! It’s what football is about, we can see how our squad compares to the better teams and also puts more pressure on SISU on how much support they are willing to put in to the club to stay in the division. They have put money out to secure us where we are now but it’s a big jump to stay in the championship which will need significant investment.

Covstu

I am cautiously optimistic, we will not get a better opportunity that this year. All the big clubs like Ipswich and Sunderland etc which were going to ‘piss the league’ haven’t turned up fully, Wycombe, Peterborough etc still scrapping away and anyone can beat anyone on the day.
We need to be a little more adaptable when playing the more physical sides, Rotherham we were battered, Shrewsbury we were out muscled and these are the games that can mean the difference between autos and playoffs. Would be more than happy with 2nd and watch the others scrap out the playoffs this year!

Astute

The money in the Championship is still inflated and false, so let it crash and burn first, before we join it.
Miss out in case we end up back in the division you want us to stay in?

We need to go up. If we do go back diwn we would have had more money come in and have a few better players. Our style of play would give us a chance of staying up. The target the first season would be staying up. And having SISU in charge of the finances would make sure we didn't overspend. Would also mean we could keep our better players that could leave for a club at that level next season.

Magwitch

After yesterdays result especially i am beginning to think why not to this being our year, imo we should be atleast 10 points better off and therefore clear at the top we are in good form and have an almost fully fit and versatile squad, let’s see if despite playing it down MR adds to it. Analysing yesterday this was a big win, pitch was a big leveller and we had a definite wobble just after half time thought we handled it well and got through it and secured a good win on the worst pitch I’ve seen in years and it’s not had a winter on it yet and will get worse, 8 of our nearest rivals have to go there yet and they won’t all win. So yes it looks good, fingers crossed our squad stays injury free.

Frank Sidebottom

After yesterdays result especially i am beginning to think why not to this being our year, imo we should be atleast 10 points better off and therefore clear at the top we are in good form and have an almost fully fit and versatile squad, let’s see if despite playing it down MR adds to it. Analysing yesterday this was a big win, pitch was a big leveller and we had a definite wobble just after half time thought we handled it well and got through it and secured a good win on the worst pitch I’ve seen in years and it’s not had a winter on it yet and will get worse, 8 of our nearest rivals have to go there yet and they won’t all win. So yes it looks good, fingers crossed our squad stays injury free.
Watched the highlights and can't believe how bad the pitch looked considering they usually look a lot better on TV than in the flesh.

harvey098

It’s difficult to answer this without recency bias. I guarantee if Tranmere score that penalty and they park the bus for a 2-2 draw this same forum would be back to slagging Robins off and threads about our mentality again. It’s that fine a margin.

I still think any 3 teams of 15 could go up and there’s no clear favourite whom.

Skyblue_CP

It’s difficult to answer this without recency bias. I guarantee if Tranmere score that penalty and they park the bus for a 2-2 draw this same forum would be back to slagging Robins off and threads about our mentality again. It’s that fine a margin.

I still think any 3 teams of 15 could go up and there’s no clear favourite whom.
Just have to look at Barnsley a couple seasons ago, they were virtually in the relegation zone at Christmas and went up via the play offs

Users who are viewing this thread