Is The FA Cup Becoming a Millstone To Us? (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

Having fallen out of the playoff places, the next 2 weeks could define our season in the context of whether we will be challenging for promotion.
We have Swindon at home next week, then the following week we play in the 4th round while most L2 teams have a league game.
If we don't beat Swindon we could be in the bottom half of the table by the end of Jan, albeit with a game in hand.

ceetee

Winning is a habit, and as we tend to play better against better teams, there's no reason why we can't win again in the FA cup.

It will only be a millstone if we are so successful that we have a fixture pile-up at the end of the season

CovBurty

Like the crap cup was last year you mean? maybe the squad is just not that good really. certainly need a goal-scorer. in answer to your question no. we will be knocked out soon so we can focus on league. then it will not be the millstone you suggest.

BackRoomRummermill

The only milestone is the Jonny come lately fans that turn up ‘ especially for the cup on the off chance they get to to old Trafford or Annfield ‘ I could not give a shite about it , those same fans could not give two pence crap about CCFC that just want a day out. It messes it all up , if you want to support the team at least show a passing interest the rest of the season . It shames the City of Coventry and totally embarrassing

mrtrench

The only milestone is the Jonny come lately fans that turn up ‘ especially for the cup on the off chance they get to to old Trafford or Annfield ‘ I could not give a shite about it , those same fans could not give two pence crap about CCFC that just want a day out. It messes it all up , if you want to support the team at least show a passing interest the rest of the season . It shames the City of Coventry and totally embarrassing

Because we are so awash with cash their money is no use to us, presumably? Rearrange these words to make a sentence: Nose, cut, face, spite, off ,to

BackRoomRummermill

Because we are so awash with cash their money is no use to us, presumably? Rearrange these words to make a sentence: Nose, cut, face, spite, off ,to

No it’s not about that at all , it’s people suddenly rocking up on a whiff of a chance of glory without a clue how it really is then when we lose berate the club as their day out ruined , they then transmit the negativity , glory hunters galore Coventry, it’s embarrassing

Mucca Mad Boys

No it’s not about that at all , it’s people suddenly rocking up on a whiff of a chance of glory without a clue how it really is then when we lose berate the club as their day out ruined , they then transmit the negativity , glory hunters galore Coventry, it’s embarrassing

Welcome to just about every football club in the world... When teams are successful, it comes to no surprise that interest also increases... Surprise surprise!

BackRoomRummermill

Welcome to just about every football club in the world... When teams are successful, it comes to no surprise that interest also increases... Surprise surprise!

Would be nice if it lasted more than 5 mins though and the interest is not in CCFC it’s more the chance to see the other team or venue so no it’s not like what you said , 45 K at Wembley proves it 8 months ago , a quarter of that would be welcome regularly

joemercersaces

It’s time to put this ‘glory hunters’ bollocks to bed once and for all. Nobody supports Cov for glory! Football is an entertainment that costs money to attend with no guarantee of a pleasant experience. There will always be a range of commitment, from the fanatic who goes to every youth and reserve match, to those who go when they are in town, fancy it or for some other unusual match.

I’m a season ticket holder this year. Many years I have been, many years I haven’t. Didn’t go for whole seasons in the 80s for a variety of reasons and never set foot in Northampton. Yet I’ve been a fan since 1969 when I was 6 and been through thin and thinner.

I personally welcome every single person who buys a ticket and turns up. I value every single person who cares, whether they go or not.

Londonccfcfan

Having fallen out of the playoff places, the next 2 weeks could define our season in the context of whether we will be challenging for promotion.
We have Swindon at home next week, then the following week we play in the 4th round while most L2 teams have a league game.
If we don't beat Swindon we could be in the bottom half of the table by the end of Jan, albeit with a game in hand.
My answer is a big no.
Bit of a freak a side dropping from third to 8th on the back of one result. So no panic stations just yet.

mrtrench

I'm still not understanding why occasionally getting big crowds is a millstone around the club's neck.

BackRoomRummermill

It’s time to put this ‘glory hunters’ bollocks to bed once and for all. Nobody supports Cov for glory! Football is an entertainment that costs money to attend with no guarantee of a pleasant experience. There will always be a range of commitment, from the fanatic who goes to every youth and reserve match, to those who go when they are in town, fancy it or for some other unusual match.

I’m a season ticket holder this year. Many years I have been, many years I haven’t. Didn’t go for whole seasons in the 80s for a variety of reasons and never set foot in Northampton. Yet I’ve been a fan since 1969 when I was 6 and been through thin and thinner.

I personally welcome every single person who buys a ticket and turns up. I value every single person who cares, whether they go or not.

And out they trot ......................

letsallsingtogether

Spot on.
Look at the clubs that got religated last season their crowds have gone down....
Yet all of those that got promoted for some strange reason have bigger attendances.
Same in a lot of sports not just football, you have your diehards your casuals and those that just want to see a good team, now and again.

Grendel

The point that BRM is saying is that most “fans” want the cream of the cup run as they’ll never lower themselves to watch a league game.

letsallsingtogether

The point that BRM is saying is that most “fans” want the cream of the cup run as they’ll never lower themselves to watch a league game.
Yes but he makes out it only goes on at CCFC which is Crap.

itsabuzzard

Well said. This tired old shit about glory hunters gets trotted out on a regular basis. Give it a break. And it's millstone, not milestone.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

italiahorse

There are so many better things to do these days and watching this poor football is an great incentive to do them.
Did you watch Liverpool Vs Man city today?
That's what we need to compete with and thats a big problem. People can get a football fix elsewhere.

BackRoomRummermill

I do not need to justify myself the evidence is there , the return to the Ricoh was not a cup game but 32 turned up , where are they now ? Where are they ? It’s not like another club either as the size of this club , it’s completely disproportionate , most clubs above L1 and indeed have not the capacity , when others get to the Check a fuck wit cup they don’t come with 45k , so I am completely correct in my assertion that CCFC fans have to be the worst , the sort that think hmmm trip to Asda or go down the road and support the team , it’s nothing to do with SISU it’s all to do with a novelty , most would not be able to name many in the team . I have seen increases in on here activity since the Stoke game and when we go out of the cup disappear again back to ASDA

Sorry it is fact and embarrassing

Grendel

There are so many better things to do these days and watching this poor football is an great incentive to do them.
Did you watch Liverpool Vs Man city today?
That's what we need to compete with and thats a big problem. People can get a football fix elsewhere.

I did watch it and I’d still rather watch my team play Swindon next weekend - you?

italiahorse

Well said. This tired old shit about glory hunters gets trotted out on a regular basis. Give it a break. And it's millstone, not milestone.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

People are so precious about their undying love for the club but forget that these people are the very ones we require to finance our way out of this mess.

BackRoomRummermill

If I was honest I would rather we went out in R1 so we can concentrate getting out of the sewer bereft of football talent we are in

A win like Stoke and the check a fuck wit cup paints the wrong picture , we are in the shite and need no distractions , we are in the fight of our lives but if you supported the club you would know that already

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't know about anyone else but I prefer us being in a winnable R4 tie than going out in Round 1 against non-league clubs. Yes we'll have some games to catch up on but a bit of excitement does us good.

italiahorse

If I was honest I would rather we went out in R1 so we can concentrate getting out of the sewer bereft of football talent we are in
We need money to get out of here and as the owners are leaving us wallowing we need cup money to provide it.
Always assuming it really does actually find its way back into buying players.

Grendel

We need money to get out of here and as the owners are leaving us wallowing we need cup money to provide it.
Always assuming it really does actually find its way back into buying players.

Don’t most cup games for the club run at a loss?

Users who are viewing this thread