Is it time to...Support the team NOT the Regime? (1 Viewer)

Rangers have gone through a catalog of failure over the past few years - much more than what we have had to endure (apart from playing away from Coventry that is) however they still maintain large crowds home and away - now people that know me know I am no fan of RFC - however I have to say this they way they have continued to support their team is admirable - they have a campaign "Support the team NOT the regime" is it about time that we all considered this? most if not all that go to Sixfields I believe this is their motivation - all of the NOPM & KCIC have got some headlines and the odd soundbite, but little more than that - If we could have reasoned responses only to this, instead of the usual berating. PUSB.

RoboCCFC90

Rangers have gone through a catalog of failure over the past few years - much more than what we have had to endure (apart from playing away from Coventry that is) however they still maintain large crowds home and away - now people that know me know I am no fan of RFC - however I have to say this they way they have continued to support their team is admirable - they have a campaign "Support the team NOT the regime" is it about time that we all considered this? most if not all that go to Sixfields I believe this is their motivation - all of the NOPM & KCIC have got some headlines and the odd soundbite, but little more than that - If we could have reasoned responses only to this, instead of the usual berating. PUSB.

Unfortunately Fella that's the only thing that people will think about.

I did say yesterday in another thread that had moving to Northampton been a 'normal' ground share arrangement or the way we came about that groundshare had been 'normal' then things might be different and there might be better crowds, but under the situation that has come out in CCFC unfortunately that will never be the case.

skybluetom

I've never supported the regime, I find it bizarre that anybody would to be honest. It's why I find the whole pro Sisu virsus pro CCC thing bizzare; I wasn't aware there was a Sisu FC and Coventry City Council FC that we could support. I reckon they should have a game in that case, be quite a feisty affair I'd imagine. I've seen a number of owners in my 15 - 16 years supporting Cov, all generally as incompetent as the other. Point being there was owners before Sisu, they'll be owners after. I'll never 'support' any owner.

wingy

I do find It odd just as two heavyweights from national media take up our plight that ,there are attempts to slow opinion on here . I have no Issue with anyone who wants to go,fair play ,but like those that abuse others who go ,Its an individual decision and best left to individuals to make their choice which is really what NOPM was ,not so much starve the Bastards out but a natural collective choice from Individuals who have been betrayed and feel they are being used.

Voice_of_Reason

I feel had the ground share been much closer then more would have followed. Not saying St. Andrews, but it would have been easier to get to and closer.

Hobo

Rangers went pear shaped and the new owners are trying to rebuild.
That is different to SISU who have been here under different guises for six years.

They are ducking and diving, contradicting their own PR and have never sold any idea/future plan to the fans. In fact they seem to by pass them by and discount them. Even threaten litigation against a supporters group.

It is not just CCC and ACL who have no trust in SISU. The majority of fans have no trust either, as much as many of us would like to have.

The only people who can rebuild that trust are SISU, but they dont seem to want to.

I do support the team, but not the regime; until they show a radical change in stance to the way they run the club and value the supporters.

I do find It odd just as two heavyweights from national media take up our plight that ,there are attempts to slow opinion on here . I have no Issue with anyone who wants to go,fair play ,but like those that abuse others who go ,Its an individual decision and best left to individuals to make their choice which is really what NOPM was ,not so much starve the Bastards out but a natural collective choice from Individuals who have been betrayed and feel they are being used.

Can you expand on this for me?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'll be honest....I just don't want to go to watch city in a shitty little ground with a handful of fans & no atmosphere......It's a long drive (I live oop north) & it'll be a really shit experience....

I stopped going to the Ricoh because the "matchday experience" was shit compared to HR....so there's no way I'm driving even further south to have an even shitter experience.

Don't care about NOPM....don't think it'll work anyway....

Away games only for me....which is basically what I've been doing since 2006/7 anyhow.

bigfatronssba

The hardcore 10-15k CCFC fans will put up with pretty much anything. However Northampton is one step too far for the majority of those.

Sisu, and unfortunately CCFC as well, have participated in a grievously disloyal and disrespectful act against the city, surrounding area, and its citizens.

They've broke that loyal trust, and as far as I'm concerned, they have to make the first move.

hill83

I understand where you are coming from, but for me?
I've never supported the regime and I've always supported the team. But I'm not going to Northampton to watch us play.
I went once and I won't be going again, it's as simple as that.

sky blue john

I support the team and not the regime anyway. My team supporting duties are done at away matches only.
There is no similarity between rangers situation and ours !!!

GaryPendrysEyes

Lets face it people have made their mind up by now.
No amount of dewy eyed pleas from the usual suspects, or 'new' posters who 'have watched this forum for a long while and thought they would now give their view. Go to Sixfields' is gonna change that.

I support the team and not the regime anyway. My team supporting duties are done at away matches only.
There is no similarity between rangers situation and ours !!!

I never said there was - and I would suggest they have gone through more than us excluding the ground share.

wingy

Is David Conn the reporter that had his article bumped by SISU - Oliver Kay?

In the Times on Sunday I think,more a general piece on the state of the game ,those who police It and its owners .They both put some focus on the FL/FA,thats where the focus should go currently. no doubt the contrast between home and away attendance prompted that.

Thats a big exclusion though, and the biggest issue that most supporters take offence to - hence the boycott.
Completely irrelevant comparison to Rangers.

The comparison is made because Rangers were in the top league of Scotland and subsequently were moved to the non league of Scottish football their fans had to endure this as well as the piss taking from every other club in Scotland - they basically went out of business, Charles Green came along and "saved" them - then was ousted, only after he had paid himself and other directors a fair few pounds, after floating the "new" club. they since have have had a power struggle and today held an AGM that was by all account a very feisty affair - this is a club that was successful, playing in Europe etc...their fans basically have had to watch it disintegrate in front of their eyes - BUT they still support them this is my point - and they only one I am trying to make is that they still support their club after all of this, we have had to ground share - SUPPORT THE TEAM NOT THE REGIME.

Sky Blue Kid

Skybluerevolution (Pt2)........(apart from playing away from Coventry that is)....................................................................................................Not berating you but.....What you've written in brackets just about sums it all up mate.

Nonleagueherewecome

BUT they still support them this is my point - and they only one I am trying to make is that they still support their club after all of this, we have had to ground share - SUPPORT THE TEAM NOT THE REGIME.

Well, that's wrong for a start. It was their choice. As for the Rangers comparison, I agree with others that their club has new owners and deserve support. Jesus, can you imagine what they'd have done to Fisher by now if SISU were running Rangers into the ground? He wouldn't get out of Glasgow alive!

Nonleagueherewecome

Skybluerevolution (Pt2)........(apart from playing away from Coventry that is)....................................................................................................Not berating you but.....What you've written in brackets just about sums it all up mate.

Yeah there is that, too....

The Gentleman

I understand the sentiment but cannot bring myself to watch home games in another city, it just isn't right. There is one big problem with all us CCFC fans wanting to support the team home and away, how do we all get into Sixfields ?

skybluefred

I'll be honest....I just don't want to go to watch city in a shitty little ground with a handful of fans & no atmosphere......It's a long drive (I live oop north) & it'll be a really shit experience....

I stopped going to the Ricoh because the "matchday experience" was shit compared to HR....so there's no way I'm driving even further south to have an even shitter experience.

Don't care about NOPM....don't think it'll work anyway....

Away games only for me....which is basically what I've been doing since 2006/7 anyhow.

You might not think NOPM is working,but, the Club have just announced an £8 entry fee and 5 free coach's for the
Oldham game on the 29-12-13. If they had sell out crowds at every match do you think these offers would have been available.

Spionkop

The Gent. A very relevant point. If, by some miracle, collective amnesia, all us City fans had said - Sure Tim we'll all trip over to Northampton and watch our team - we are not all going to get in are we. But there was no thought of that. We had about 8,000 season ticket holders last season, so he was already saying 'tough on some of you.'
They are such, caring, sharing, thoughtful owners.
Rev, it ain't going to happen.
This forum is just a tiny percentage of the club's potential support. There is a very silent majority who are gradually saying 'Stuff it, that's me done.'
The damage they've inflicted on our club is almost beyond repair. People hate them with a passion.

skybluefred

The comparison is made because Rangers were in the top league of Scotland and subsequently were moved to the non league of Scottish football their fans had to endure this as well as the piss taking from every other club in Scotland - they basically went out of business, Charles Green came along and "saved" them - then was ousted, only after he had paid himself and other directors a fair few pounds, after floating the "new" club. they since have have had a power struggle and today held an AGM that was by all account a very feisty affair - this is a club that was successful, playing in Europe etc...their fans basically have had to watch it disintegrate in front of their eyes - BUT they still support them this is my point - and they only one I am trying to make is that they still support their club after all of this, we have had to ground share - SUPPORT THE TEAM NOT THE REGIME.

They did not play in non league football, they played in the bottom division and obviously won it in their !st season.
Another two seasons will see them back in the top flight,and Celtic will have some competition again.

The Gentleman

I am sorry but don't see the comparison, I wish I could compare us to Rangers because we would be one of the best teams in our country and playing in Europe in front of 50k fans. The sad realisation is that we cannot even compare current plights as they are brushing all aside and will soon be challenging Celtic again whereas we will still be treading water at best. Wish I could be more optimistic.

letsallsingtogether

I support the team from the hill and at away matches.
If they don't return to COVENTRY by next season then that will be it for me.
Will not go to away matches from next season, will do to them what they have done to me!

Deserted me and fellow fans after 40 years, enough is enough.

They did not play in non league football, they played in the bottom division and obviously won it in their !st season.
Another two seasons will see them back in the top flight,and Celtic will have some competition again.

the league they played in is part time - and seen as part timers.

jimmyhillsfanclub

You might not think NOPM is working,but, the Club have just announced an £8 entry fee and 5 free coach's for the
Oldham game on the 29-12-13. If they had sell out crowds at every match do you think these offers would have been available.

Its hardly a ground breaking policy for CCFC though is it?

Shock horror....discounting tickets during the Xmas period.....

That's never happened before....apart from when it did, pretty much every season at almost every club in the country....

Nothing to do with NOPM.

Users who are viewing this thread