Is "Grendel" Nick's alias? (1 Viewer)

Astute

Bit of a silly question. Nick puts valid points across. He doesn't try and make out he better than the rest of us. He doesn't insult people when caught out giving bull. Can't even remember him giving bull. You can have a reasoned debate with Nick. Nick don't think anyone that works for CCC are scum. Nick didn't spend most of the season saying one thing then do the opposite. And as Nick said he don't earn over 100k for an unskilled job.

Nick

Administrator
Bit of a silly question. Nick puts valid points across. He doesn't try and make out he better than the rest of us. He doesn't insult people when caught out giving bull. Can't even remember him giving bull. You can have a reasoned debate with Nick. Nick don't think anyone that works for CCC are scum. Nick didn't spend most of the season saying one thing then do the opposite. And as Nick said he don't earn over 100k for an unskilled job.

As you can guess, astute is my alias :)

Grendel

Ha ha ha. Giving bull the astute way;

Speedway tracks are not in built up areas but football grounds are - when exposed as wrong;

Speedway tracks are not in built up areas except those that are in built up areas.

Football grounds are in built up areas except when they are not in built up areas

Don't know why you complain about my earnings. Thought you were boasting the other day you could have made it to the top but chose not to.

In fact the only reason I regretably owned up to it was due to the frustration of you constantly engaging in topics you know nothing about a d then refusing to admit it. I advised you that I had been involved in mosaic profiling of the area and it had one of the poorest socio demographic mixes in the country. You as ever, not having a clue what I was talking about, said its not true. Your evidence, you'd lived around their "and it wasn't that bad". Sorry but sometimes when you even try and have a sensible debate with you its impossible. I notice others, recently Samo, have experienced the same frustration.

Just for the record my current job involvolves co ordinating sales and marketing activities of several markets around the world. It is unskilled. The bloke I replaced is now a window cleaner.

Davs

Just for the record my current job involvolves co ordinating sales and marketing activities of several markets around the world. It is unskilled. The bloke I replaced is now a window cleaner.

To be fair to Grendel this could be true.

In general Marketing tends to be the art of identifying the bleeding obvious. For example, if you want to launch a high end watch brand, you advertise in the Sunday Supplement of the Times or Independent, if you want to launch a new mass market beer you advertise in the Sun.

Sales is the art of understanding that if you throw enough shit at a wall some of it will stick. For example, the most successful salesman is the one who speaks to the most potential customers.

Both of these groups of people tend to think the other are the scum of the Earth, so large companies employ someone like Grendel to liaise between them, so it tends to be a very well paid, but ultimately unskilled job..

Mind you the other stuff Grendel posts is complete bollocks so I don't really see why his employment claims should be any different.:laugh:

Astute

Ha ha ha. Giving bull the astute way;

Speedway tracks are not in built up areas but football grounds are - when exposed as wrong;

Speedway tracks are not in built up areas except those that are in built up areas.

Football grounds are in built up areas except when they are not in built up areas

Don't know why you complain about my earnings. Thought you were boasting the other day you could have made it to the top but chose not to.

In fact the only reason I regretably owned up to it was due to the frustration of you constantly engaging in topics you know nothing about a d then refusing to admit it. I advised you that I had been involved in mosaic profiling of the area and it had one of the poorest socio demographic mixes in the country. You as ever, not having a clue what I was talking about, said its not true. Your evidence, you'd lived around their "and it wasn't that bad". Sorry but sometimes when you even try and have a sensible debate with you its impossible. I notice others, recently Samo, have experienced the same frustration.

Same old rubbish eh Grendel?

Me that is stupid?

The usual place for a speedway track is away from houses. The usual place for a football ground is in a built up area...normally where the club comes from. But you think that it is good enough for an excuse for SISU to be able to build away from Coventry and to call someone stupid that understands what you are aiming at.

The Ricoh isn't in a built up area. The speedway stadium is nearer to houses than the Ricoh.

Another comedy gold moment courtesy of astute.

The speedway in Manchester is right in the city. Cradley Heath and Hall Green are both in the city. Walthamstow? Catford?

RICOH Arena is in a built up area. Lots of suburbs nearby. Ok Brandon and Binley area were never my part of City but pretty sure Ricoh is closer to built up areas, Foleshill, Longford, Courthouse Green etc. Brandon felt a long way from anywhere.

I said usual place for speedway tracks is normally away from a built up area. Not always. I said the usual place for a football stadium is in a built up area. Not always. This means you will find a few speedway stadiums in built up areas and a few football stadiums away from built up areas. But this is so hard to understand to some. Will have to check who agrees to the opposite of what I put. Usual suspects I suppose.

Erm Cradley closed down in the 1990's, Hall Green is a dog track, and there have been no speedway tracks in London for probably 20 years. Perry Barr in Birmingham is quite built up, but is mainly surrounded by industrial units and the University, it is very hard for speedway to be run in residential areas, indeed Cradley having been trying to build a new track in Dudley for 20 years.
Still it is hard to believe people are getting so worked up over a fantasy stadium.

So where did I ever say what you accuse me of?

Could have made it to the top? Wrong Grendel. For starters the CEO of the company I work for has never been English. And neither has most of the immediate below him. I don't want to live abroad yet. I also don't speak multiple languages. And yes I took a demotion nearly 8 years ago. My family is worth much more to me than money and I also didn't like the route that my work had taken. I am back in my old job again, although in a different location. Is taking a demotion and having a lack of ambition something to be proud of like you said? Since then we had a couple more kids as I knew what and where our future would be. Our eldest is 29 this year and youngest is 4. I am proud of my kids. So yes made the right decision. But hardly said anything last time when you said I did. Just the usual Grenduffy bluster.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Our eldest is 29 this year and youngest is 4.

Sorry to butt in to a private argument, but I just notice this.....Wow!!

Good effort fella......although you must be fooking mental....:claping hands:

Astute

Sorry to butt in to a private argument, but I just notice this.....Wow!!

Good effort fella......although you must be fooking mental....:claping hands:

It has been said before :D

28 year daughter accountant, 25 year old lad in the army.....has met a few on here and got noticed at Yeovil last season in his Motherwell top on, 21 year old lad mechanic, 19 year old autistic, but on the low end of the spectrum, 12 year old daughter top in year of nearly everything. Already got grades good enough for exam c grades and will be off to London soon for a maths competition, 5 year old daughter doing well. Then a 4 year old lad who is nothing but trouble :facepalm:He does have the initials of CCFC though :cool:

Have had a few people in the past that have accused us of being dole scroungers. Have always worked hard though. Had last two as no signs of grandchildren.

jimmyhillsfanclub

It has been said before :D

28 year daughter accountant, 25 year old lad in the army.....has met a few on here and got noticed at Yeovil last season in his Motherwell top on, 21 year old lad mechanic, 19 year old autistic, but on the low end of the spectrum, 12 year old daughter top in year of nearly everything. Already got grades good enough for exam c grades and will be off to London soon for a maths competition, 5 year old daughter doing well. Then a 4 year old lad who is nothing but trouble :facepalm:He does have the initials of CCFC though :cool:

Have had a few people in the past that have accused us of being dole scroungers. Have always worked hard though. Had last two as no signs of grandchildren.

Bloody hell....how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Astute

Bloody hell....how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Just turned 46. Feel 30 though as kids keep me going. Taking up boxing again in a few years time when youngest lad is big enough to go. Got to stay fit for them. Retire in 13 years and 347 days......youngest two will be 18 and 19 then :D

Grendel

Just turned 46. Feel 30 though as kids keep me going. Taking up boxing again in a few years time when youngest lad is big enough to go. Got to stay fit for them. Retire in 13 years and 347 days......youngest two will be 18 and 19 then :D

I'm expecting Eamon Andrews to pop out with his little black book in a minute.

Astute

I'm expecting Eamon Andrews to pop out with his little black book in a minute.

Not bad for your standards considering he must have been dead for close to 30 years.

Astute

Just looked. He died in 1987. Was that the major point in 87 for you?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Not bad for your standards considering he must have been dead for close to 30 years.

...and the fact that "This is your life" was a BIG RED book.....not a little black one...

...unless Grendel is suggesting something far more dark & sinister.....:thinking about:

Astute

...and the fact that "This is your life" was a BIG RED book.....not a little black one...

...unless Grendel is suggesting something far more dark & sinister.....:thinking about:

As we all know he struggles with the truth sometimes but would still have stated it as a fact ;)

LJC_CCFC

Grendel: Just another numpty that thinks he knows more about the game than he really does

Last edited:

Grendel

No I knew it was big (not the colour though) just needed an adaption on size for this is his life.

Grendel

As we all know he struggles with the truth sometimes but would still have stated it as a fact ;)

No just your blind insistence you are right about things you have no knowledge of.

Isn't it about time you announced your leaving again - for one day?

ajsccfc

25 year old lad in the army.....has met a few on here and got noticed at Yeovil last season in his Motherwell top on

What's his connection with the mighty 'Well? I had it drilled into my head from a very young age every time we'd go past Fir Park that it was officially The Home of Good Football™

Astute

What's his connection with the mighty 'Well? I had it drilled into my head from a very young age every time we'd go past Fir Park that it was officially The Home of Good Football™

He was born near Glasgow. Nearest club is Motherwell.

Grendel

It is astute was of course praising the great Steve Jennings.

Astute

No just your blind insistence you are right about things you have no knowledge of.

Isn't it about time you announced your leaving again - for one day?

I like the way you try to use big words.......then keep getting Your and You're wrong :claping hands:

Yes you pissed me off that time when I had a beer or several and left for a couple of weeks, but I don't let idiots like you get to me anymore.

Astute

No I knew it was big (not the colour though) just needed an adaption on size for this is his life.

This is something you will struggle to understand. A lot of us have had a life.

Astute

It was you bigging him up wasn't it?

And he was just as I said. Not a goalscorer but joined the defence with the midfield. The problem we ended up with was we had no attacking midfielders. We could have done with him this season. But of course you will say differently.

ajsccfc

All the time around Motherwell and going past Fir Park, I never actually ended up getting in to see Heaven's Eleven themselves too.

covmark

If he'd said Michael Aspel with a big red book I would have got it.
My bad.
You may continue bitching :)

Astute

If he'd said Michael Aspel with a big red book I would have got it.
My bad.
You may continue bitching :)

Come off it. We are talking about Grendel here. So it had to be someone who has been dead for nearly 30 years with a black book :D

Users who are viewing this thread