Match Thread Ipswich v Coventry Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Grendel

We should win especially with an early goal.

Ipswich after the first 10 games have been a relegation performing team. That suggests big internal problems.

They are dire

Happy_Martian

Can see this as a 1-0 to Ipswich. Tight game and some of our players have been looking a bit tired or carrying knocks recently. The run of pressure games will eventually tell on us. While no loss is great, while we have a game in hand, this one is as good a game to lose as any.

I know some on here don't like it but I'm going to keep predicting Coventry to lose. So far, I haven't got one right. So while you're looking for your lucky socks, wife's underwear or whatever else you do as a lucky omen, I'll keep saying we'll lose and wait till 4:45pm to be elated when I'm proven wrong again.

SkyblueTexan

Like everyone has been saying, I agree that an early goal for us will help settle the nerves. Unlike Portsmouth, Rotherham and Sunderland all of whom we faced at St. Andrews, this one is away. Regardless of their current plight, they were top of the table in Jan and have prior Championship experience. They actually looked decent against Fleetwood midweek despite the result. So we need to be careful and do a professional job.

Brighton Sky Blue

Can see this as a 1-0 to Ipswich. Tight game and some of our players have been looking a bit tired or carrying knocks recently. The run of pressure games will eventually tell on us. While no loss is great, while we have a game in hand, this one is as good a game to lose as any.

I know some on here don't like it but I'm going to keep predicting Coventry to lose. So far, I haven't got one right. So while you're looking for your lucky socks, wife's underwear or whatever else you do as a lucky omen, I'll keep saying we'll lose and wait till 4:45pm to be elated when I'm proven wrong again.

Stand by for a Ring of Steel smackdown

alfielloyd

We should win especially with an early goal.

Ipswich after the first 10 games have been a relegation performing team. That suggests big internal problems.

They are dire

however, they handed lambert a 5 year deal way beyond the first 10 games of the season, if they have significant internal difficulties they obviously trust lambert to resolve them. the present culture of football seldom rewards managers with such lengthy contracts.

shmmeee

We prob due a loss but hope we keep putting it off!

The club record fewest defeats is 6. We have half that with a quarter of the season left. I’d expect us to lose at least one more, either way it’s a ridiculous record so far.

shmmeee

Looking at the fixtures Rotherham must be thinking this is their week. Rochdale for them, Ipswich for us, Peterborough for Pompey, Gillingham for Sunderland, and Wycombe don’t play.

Think we’ll need a win to stay top but may well open up some space on the chasing pack if we get it.

SkyBlueCRJ

That Ipswich team has scored a combined 18 goals between them all season. Please city don’t throw this one away.

Liquid Gold

I don’t care if their fans are having a meltdown. We need to treat this and the rest of the games as a cup final and give it everything we have. Come on lads pusb
We need to treat this game exactly the same as we have the others. It’s working. Going overboard about the importance of individual games could put undue pressure on the players.

Users who are viewing this thread