Match Thread Ipswich v Coventry Match Thread (1 Viewer)

TownFan81

Shocked really because you looked really good when we played use at St Andrews, i think it will be a very hard game

We are nothing like the side we were then.

We played very well first half in particular that day, but we were in a run of not winning but drawing with everyone and just didn't have the luck.

We've lost 6 from 8, won 4 from 24 and Lambert has lost the dressing room and the fans. It's just a case of when he goes now. Evans was furious last night but he's also stitched himself up giving him a ridiculous contract off the back of a few whispers Sunderland wanted Lambert earlier in the season.

It's an absolute mess, but given your own misfortune with SISU I won't moan too much.

SkyBlueDom26

We are nothing like the side we were then.

We played very well first half in particular that day, but we were in a run of not winning but drawing with everyone and just didn't have the luck.

We've lost 6 from 8, won 4 from 24 and Lambert has lost the dressing room and the fans. It's just a case of when he goes now. Evans was furious last night but he's also stitched himself up giving him a ridiculous contract off the back of a few whispers Sunderland wanted Lambert earlier in the season.

It's an absolute mess, but given your own misfortune with SISU I won't moan too much.

Warnock has been linked? Can you see him coming in before sat?

TownFan81

Warnock has been linked? Can you see him coming in before sat?

History teaches us that if Lambert was going to go before the weekend he'd have likely gone last night.

Warnock is exactly what we need long term, but I very much doubt he is short term. Warnock is essentially Mick McCarthy with slightly less tedious football and without the constant having a go at the fans.

Given Warnock only wanted a gig until the end of this season I can't see it but as he's been out of the job for a while maybe he'd consider one more full year.

Quite simply Lambert is gone now. It's a case of how much it will cost Evans and whether there's any financial sense in doing so before May.

He may have to take the hit given season ticket letters go out next month. It'll be the difference between 12,000 and 8,000 being sold, without sounding like I'm being dramatic. We only sold so many this year because we expected to be right up there. As it stands nobody believes we will be anywhere near under Lambert and relegation would be a fear (Honestly! We are 20/23 teams on points per game in the last half a season)

TownFan81

One win and one draw in eight games. Only won 4 out of last 20.

Six goals scored over last eight games, ten goals conceded.

Leading scorers Kayden Jackson and James Norwood are both out through injury. Apparently the majority of their midfield is also out through injury or just coming back. E.g. Skuse, Hews, Rowe, Downes, Nydam weren't in the squad against Fleetwood last night.

They've only won once this season in the league against a side in the current top six - Fleetwood (earlier in the season).

2-0 City.

It could make for a very unusual atmosphere.

If we go 1-0 down early I know full well that a number of Town fans, rightly or wrongly, will be hoping that you absolutely rip us to shreads to the point that Lambert staying is unteniable.

Obviously you don't go into any game wishing for that, but a heavy defeat would see him gone regardless of what it would cost Evans. We have next to no chance of the playoffs now and if we lose to you on Saturday, which I am quite certain we will, then it really is season over. We will need to make up about 8 points on at least three teams, with 8 left to play and it would require us to go from 4 wins in 25 to something like 6 wins in 8 at least.

So it could very much turn toxic. Last night there were ironic cheers and fans getting on players backs. We must have the least vocal fans in the country for stuff like this. We've never ever got on the fans backs and (despite what the press love to claim about their mate Mick) it took him telling us to f off after we took the lead at Norwich for fans to finally get fed up with him after three years of dross.

steve cooper

I hate these games where the opposition hasn't won for ages, their manager about to get sacked, and their fans going mental. They always seem to end badly for us. This season is different but things like this still worry me. The best thing now I think is to look at the bigger picture, we need about 21 points which we are quite capable of getting, irrespective of Saturday's result.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This is the type of game that in the past I'd dread. We're on a decent run, they're on a bad one with injury problems etc - it'd all point to us being complacent, a poor performance and them winning.

This season, not so much. The grit of the team is much stronger than I've seen it in decades.

Team will be unchanged barring injuries (although on a personal level I'd still prefer to use Shipley's energy for an hour with COH's ability afterwards. Would be really nice if we could get comfortably ahead to allow Kelly to come off as well, either for Pask as a direct replacement or drop Allen back. Not going to happen though - we don't really do comfortable wins. In that situation would also be nice to give Giles a decent run-out in place of McCallum.

cc84cov

I wouldn’t be against seeing Pask get a few mins in that role should we be comfortable towards the end of a game - though I guess Eccles has been playing that role in the U-23s?
Eccles for me is nowhere near strong enough to play holding midfield

Otis

Maybe we should rest McCallum and give Giles a go.

giphy.gif

better days

One win and one draw in eight games. Only won 4 out of last 20.

Six goals scored over last eight games, ten goals conceded.

Leading scorers Kayden Jackson and James Norwood are both out through injury. Apparently the majority of their midfield is also out through injury or just coming back. E.g. Skuse, Hews, Rowe, Downes, Nydam weren't in the squad against Fleetwood last night.

They've only won once this season in the league against a side in the current top six - Fleetwood (earlier in the season).

2-0 City.
Bloody hell what manager could cope with a situation like this?
But of course the fans blame Lambert......

Warwickhunt

Jeesh! They just come down from the Championship and cannot believe those players will not go out and bust a gut trying to reverse their current form! Its gunna be tuff this is!

Gint11

We’re due to give someone a hiding and it’s coming Saturday. They are low on confidence and out of form. IF we go 1-0 up early this will end up being 4/5 so I’m going for it. 0-4 City

Sky Blue Pete

We’re due to give someone a hiding and it’s coming Saturday. They are low on confidence and out of form. IF we go 1-0 up early this will end up being 4/5 so I’m going for it. 0-4 City
I’m not so sure early goal and then kill the game is the plan isn’t it?

RegiswasGod

Just read that there is a clause in his contract that they can sack him without compensation if they don't finish in the top 6 (Daily Mail, so take it with a pinch of salt). But if that was the case, surely they'd have to wait until it's mathematically possible to do so before getting rid?

Irish Sky Blue

As with any game we play, I would be very happy with a1-0 win. After all of the stick they have taken this week, I think Ipswich will be really fired up. An early goal for us may see them crumble, however I think it could be a hard and difficult game.

Philosorapter

Four points out of six from Portsmouth, Fleetwood, Sunderland and Doncaster is impressive to say the least.

Add to that the six points out of six that we have also received from other teams below the one's already mentioned above.

Being the master of understatement on this site, this season is looking okay.

SkyBlueCRJ

It could make for a very unusual atmosphere.

If we go 1-0 down early I know full well that a number of Town fans, rightly or wrongly, will be hoping that you absolutely rip us to shreads to the point that Lambert staying is unteniable.

Obviously you don't go into any game wishing for that, but a heavy defeat would see him gone regardless of what it would cost Evans. We have next to no chance of the playoffs now and if we lose to you on Saturday, which I am quite certain we will, then it really is season over. We will need to make up about 8 points on at least three teams, with 8 left to play and it would require us to go from 4 wins in 25 to something like 6 wins in 8 at least.

So it could very much turn toxic. Last night there were ironic cheers and fans getting on players backs. We must have the least vocal fans in the country for stuff like this. We've never ever got on the fans backs and (despite what the press love to claim about their mate Mick) it took him telling us to f off after we took the lead at Norwich for fans to finally get fed up with him after three years of dross.

Barton actually mentioned the hostile atmosphere from the fans to the owner/manager did help his side on Tuesday. Could you see this being replicated on Saturday? How much did it actually affect your players from what you could see?

TownFan81

Barton actually mentioned the hostile atmosphere from the fans to the owner/manager did help his side on Tuesday. Could you see this being replicated on Saturday? How much did it actually affect your players from what you could see?

Our players are completely done.

They know Lambert is going and they are not playing for him. They know the playoffs are effectively gone and they have given up for them. As the old cliché goes they are already on the beach.

I cannot overstate how bad we are. In the last 22 matches, only the bottom three have a worse points per game. In a game Lambert described as 'must win' Tuesday, we took 85 minutes to have a shot on target, only our second effort of the night.

With Jackson and Norwood injured we have no attacking threat. We have no midfielders that are capable of scoring regularly. We have no real identity and Lambert has pretty much upset every player this season. He has regularly dropped 5 or 6 players even after a good performance or a win and the atmosphere in the dressing room is really not good. The players aren't playing to impress this manager or even the next one. Nobody has any idea if they will be here next season, either from being out of favour, out of contract or wondering if the club will try and move them on due to their wages being too rich for a League One club.

To reach the playoffs we need two wins more than three in-form teams when we are 20th from 23 teams in the form table. I can honestly see you winning by four or five Saturday. I appreciate that some teams down the bottom put a performance in out of nowhere, but we are set for a disappointing mid-table finish, the most patient fans in the country have turned on the owner, manager and players and they simply do not want to be out on that pitch.

There's not even a semblance of pride. It's a team that has given up that, in the absence of a new manager being appointed, have nothing to play for. Very depressing times and the attendance Tuesday reflected that. 18000 - 20000 all season immediately dropped right down to 15000! Not even a small reduction but fans essentially giving up because they can see the players have.

jordan210

Im more nervous about this one than the Sunderland or rotherham match.

This has banana skin written all over it. Portman road isn't a happy hunting ground for us. But hopefully we keep focused and get the job done

itsabuzzard

Four points out of six from Portsmouth, Fleetwood, Sunderland and Doncaster is impressive to say the least.

Add to that the six points out of six that we have also received from other teams below the one's already mentioned above.

Being the master of understatement on this site, this season is looking okay.
Careful you don't get carried away.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Philosorapter

Most positive I've been all season..

just a few weeks too soon to start ordering the party-poppers for the SkyBluesTalk end of season party around Grendels place.

Philosorapter

Sniffing distance to the finishing line but still games to play to cement Coventry's position in at the top.

Users who are viewing this thread