Match Thread Ipswich Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Dec (3 Viewers)

mark_ccfc

Tough test for Collins and our newly gelled defense. Our style of play will suit this game though. A draw or narrow win for either side.

shmmeee

Ipswich are a good side who attack Swifty on the counter attack and good at finding men in the box and have a number who can convert chances.

I would be very happy with a draw.

Its a good job Swifty turned us down in the summer then!

long way home

Im looking forward to this one and by the end of it we will have a better understanding of where we are
The change of shape has helped but im interested in seeing how its stands up against one of the best sides with the ball in the league.

Keeping it tight early is key, they will not change the way they play even if they are chasing. That is our chance and a weakness i see in them. Its a game which taking your chances is paramount.

mmttww

Not travelling mate....
Working Cookie Monster GIF

Sky Blue Harry H

At least the pitch should be ok

During pre: season:

Along with undersoil heating and irrigation for the playing surface, which includes a state of the art GrassMax hybrid stitched pitch to offer increased stability to the playing surface, the perimeter has also received a fresh upgrade with a smart blue artificial surface installed.

BlueSkiesForever

@Saddlebrains got any teams news?
I saw Robins’ press conference and noticed there wasn’t any team news, always get a bit worried when Clive doesn’t ask any questions regarding players. I’ve heard in the past he’s been told to keep quiet with regards to asking about certain players so the opposition don’t know if they’re playing or not. I was just concerned that someone big is going to be missing for us?

Martw

I have 3 x adult tickets for sale tomorrow in Block V1 - face price of £32 can meet before or email the tickets.

PVA

Leif Davis from left back is the main source of chance creation for them, miles ahead of anybody else. Not sure if that's all open play or whether he takes set pieces or not.

Yes he takes set pieces.

40% of his total chances created have been from set pieces.

Martw

Davis is a good player - be interesting to see him and Van Ewijk against each other. Going to be bloody cold down here tomorrow but forecast otherwise is fine.

Saddlebrains

@Saddlebrains got any teams news?
I saw Robins’ press conference and noticed there wasn’t any team news, always get a bit worried when Clive doesn’t ask any questions regarding players. I’ve heard in the past he’s been told to keep quiet with regards to asking about certain players so the opposition don’t know if they’re playing or not. I was just concerned that someone big is going to be missing for us?

Only thing i know is MVE was a concern due to his back, was in small spasm Wednesday morning apparently, but everyone else seems fine

Off the back of that (what a pun) id say he would be the only doubt. Has travelled though confirmed by @Skyblueweeman

Fergusons_Beard

He's gonna score isn't he and Mark Robins say's, we had Chaplin a year to early, well Mark you should have kept Chaplin a year longer then.

Angry Pop Tv GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Chaplin is going to do fuck all.

Bloody hell! so many shitting the pants on this one.

They’re Ipswich not Real Madrid.

As we have 2 defensive midfielders it’s an ideal foil for those lucky long shots!

Keep it tight for 20 mins then score on the break on 23 and then just before half time. 2-0 shit out Skyblues.

Covcraig@bury

2-1 city away win . Defence looking more solid lately. Bidders gives us a great outlet and energy , never stops . Midfield needs more gap breaking passes , steady but they need to push on . Lots of choices up front ,and a strong bench to pick from . We are starting to click and kick on so away win .
Godden & Sheaf

Woolly68

You may want to consider leaving earlier tomorrow. They have some overrunning roadworks which gridlocked the town and most roads to the town. Took 2.5 hours to travel 5 miles into Ipswich. Been told it may be like it tomorrow. Check traffic updates for the area. Bloody nightmare trip, over 9 hours sat in the car.

Martw

You may want to consider leaving earlier tomorrow. They have some overrunning roadworks which gridlocked the town and most roads to the town. Took 2.5 hours to travel 5 miles into Ipswich. Been told it may be like it tomorrow. Check traffic updates for the area. Bloody nightmare trip, over 9 hours sat in the car.
There is a big delay between Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich, there isnt really a way around it but on a Satfee morning /Lunch time I would say the delays would be minimal.

BlueSkiesForever

Chaplin is going to do fuck all.

Bloody hell! so many shitting the pants on this one.

They’re Ipswich not Real Madrid.

As we have 2 defensive midfielders it’s an ideal foil for those lucky long shots!

Keep it tight for 20 mins then score on the break on 23 and then just before half time. 2-0 shit out Skyblues.

I get that we shouldn’t be afraid of them but there are in the top 2 for a reason. If my maths is correct they’ve scored 28 goals in all 9 championship home games this season, that’s pretty insane tbf, average of 3.1 goals per game at home. They’ve scored 3 goals or more in every home game bar 1 this season, I may be wrong but I don’t think that any other team in the championship has come close to that this season.

Basically, based on all known Ipswich home form this season we need to be scoring at least 2 or 3 goals to be within a chance of winning the game. I personally think it’ll be tough and our defence need to be razor sharp in order to keep them quiet.

Fergusons_Beard

I get that we shouldn’t be afraid of them but there are in the top 2 for a reason. If my maths is correct they’ve scored 28 goals in all 9 championship home games this season, that’s pretty insane tbf, average of 3.1 goals per game at home. They’ve scored 3 goals or more in every home game bar 1 this season, I may be wrong but I don’t think that any other team in the championship has come close to that this season.

Basically, based on all known Ipswich home form this season we need to be scoring at least 2 or 3 goals to be within a chance of winning the game. I personally think it’ll be tough and our defence need to be razor sharp in order to keep them quiet.

We’ll
See
Keep
The
Faith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

calibrase6

Im looking forward to this one and by the end of it we will have a better understanding of where we are
The change of shape has helped but im interested in seeing how its stands up against one of the best sides with the ball in the league.

Keeping it tight early is key, they will not change the way they play even if they are chasing. That is our chance and a weakness i see in them. Its a game which taking your chances is paramount.
Litmus test yardstick type of match i think.

StrettoBoy

I can't explain why but I just have this feeling that we are going to win 2-0 or 2-1.

In reality I would be happy with a draw, which would help to continue our little unbeaten run.

Let us hope that, whatever happens, we continue to see signs that we really have turned the corner.

Woolly68

Apparently all cleared by 9 pm so shouldn’t be a problem today

suffolkskyblue24

Bring your long johns, scarf and beer coat boys. It's minus 3 down here in East Anglia this morning and somewhere between 0 and 2 this afternoon #PUSB

Hutch11

Just about to set off and have an unusual feeling of optimisim
It's unerving and I'm certainly not accustomed to it

Users who are viewing this thread