Match Thread Ipswich Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Dec (2 Viewers)

Gibbo

Three most likely outcomes

Ipswich 0 - 5 City (Wright 5)

Ipswich 1 - 0 City (Chaplin)

Ipswich 0 - 0 City

I suspect the middle one.

HerneBayGaz

Watching the game on Sky they are 3-0 and look a very good side. It will be a big test, but one we should be looking forward too. And I certainly we take a draw, that's for sure!!

CV22SBA

Watching the game on Sky they are 3-0 and look a very good side. It will be a big test, but one we should be looking forward too. And I certainly we take a draw, that's for sure!!
The winger Burns looks really good.
Millwall look awful though.

Evo1883

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

long way home

Watching them tonight they like throwing bodies forward and look like they want to keep recycling the ball high up the pitch to keep you pinned back. We have to try to cut out the crosses and win 2nd balls, especially round the edge of the box.

I cant see Robins changing anything shape or team, he will hope we can frustrate them set traps to break quick and exploit the space they tend to leave behind. We need a perfect away performance to get pts from this one, id take a draw now if offered.

SkyblueTexan

Just watched the highlights of Ipswich vs Millwall. This is going to be tough. Will take a draw for sure if given. Their players are in a real groove at the moment and seem to know where to take up positions during their attacks with a lot of one touch passes and quick forward movement (instead of passing it sideways and all the way back like us). We need to catch them on the counter in this match and I think playing 1 upfront may be the most prudent way to approach this game.

Paxman II

Stiffle their midfield and nick it 1-0. One up top. Can't see Ipswich sustaining their run much longer.

Brighton Sky Blue

A team that likes to press high and throw players forward is playing right into being counter attacked, which has been our style for the last few seasons and now the last few games.

It’ll be very hard to play out from the back without getting caught out but that aside I think we may cause a surprise here assuming players are sufficiently recovered fitness wise. Goals for both sides with the more clinical one to win.

Sky Blue Harry H

Last 17, they have won 16 and lost one at home. Doing something right! That said, I was at Ipswich the day we 'won' the league (pre Cov-id lockdown) and so have fond memories of that place. Time to burst their bubble (nice club, though)

Offhegoes

Happy they won last night, and they will think it will be an easy 3 points on Sat. I am sure Robins will be working on a plan now to beat them. Should be a really good game. 2 in-form teams.

BananaFlats

Just watched their highlights from last night. Really noticeable how much quicker they move the ball in and around the box compared to us. Like others have said, a draw will be a decent result on Saturday.

pusbccfc

Just watched their highlights from last night. Really noticeable how much quicker they move the ball in and around the box compared to us. Like others have said, a draw will be a decent result on Saturday.

But have they tried moving it around two of the top tacklers in the league, Sheaf and Eccles?

Como

I assume we will be under the kosh, which may be better for a goal chance and would happily take a point.

An interesting game, still not sure I understand how they have done so well.

Mcbean

I assume we will be under the kosh, which may be better for a goal chance and would happily take a point.

An interesting game, still not sure I understand how they have done so well.
Good team spirit ( like us ) no divas plus no one had played them from the Champ except for the other two

Users who are viewing this thread