Match Thread Ipswich Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Dec (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

If we go long we will bypass their midfield which likes to press very high. Their defence isnt the best do I reckon he’ll surprise everyone and play godden wright and simms as a front three and go long.

calibrase6

If, big if, we win this, we will make play offs. Its a free hit in many ways as i do see this season as a transitional one anyway so if we lose, then so be it, good luck to Ipswich and hope they win the league. Draw or win though, and i think we have to believe great times are coming and therefore stop the whining when we have blips.

Great_Expectations

I too would like Simms for Godden.

If they play a high line and we are playing pure counter attacking football then Simms pace and hold up play will suit us better.

However I doubt it’ll happen and if anything Sakamoto will be dropped for Simms.

Feeling confident on this one; one great performance, one average but solid performance and three without a loss - it’s coming together and confidence will be building in the camp too.

Fergusons_Beard

They’re not going to get the level of chances they have been sticking away against us.

We’ll win this one and then the Ipswich slide will begin.

Only takes a few teams to work them out and then confidence will disappear.

We really do have the formation and players to cause them massive problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brighton Sky Blue

Shagged a bird from Ipswich once, not the type that flies - she was far too fat. 2-1 City, Wright to finally take flight.
people question GIF

Alan Dugdales Moustache

3-1 Ipswich .

BlueSkiesForever

If I was a betting man, which I am unfortunately (bastard Bet365), then I’d be going for both teams to score and Ipswich to score from outside the box, not sure which way the result will go but I’d be amazed if Ipswich don’t score at least 1 goal. They take on a lot of long-range shots and are good at it, something our defence hasn’t faced yet. A lot of the opposition we’ve faced has been poor at long-range shooting so it’ll be an interesting game for sure. Just hope we can take our chances this game, I personally think we’ll need to be scoring at least 2-3 goals to win this.

Johhny Blue

If I was a betting man, which I am unfortunately (bastard Bet365), then I’d be going for both teams to score and Ipswich to score from outside the box, not sure which way the result will go but I’d be amazed if Ipswich don’t score at least 1 goal. They take on a lot of long-range shots and are good at it, something our defence hasn’t faced yet. A lot of the opposition we’ve faced has been poor at long-range shooting so it’ll be an interesting game for sure. Just hope we can take our chances this game, I personally think we’ll need to be scoring at least 2-3 goals to win this.
I was trying to think of goals we’ve scored this season from outside the box but could only think of Van Ewijk free kick and an own goal. Any more?

Hincha

Definitely Simms for Godden. I like Matty but he's far too slow for what needs to be a perfect counter-attacking performance.

Sky Blue Harry H

Too hot for thermals on coach, so rolled up in coat pocket, then a Superman style change in the pub in Ipswich before setting off to the ground.

Reactions: AOM

Mucca Mad Boys

I’ve eyed this game up for a while as one I think we’ll win.

I don’t really like overhyped clubs and feel Ipswich is still in that bracket. At some point I feel they’ll drop off and hoping we’re the team to give them a bloody nose.

Will be a tough fixture!

coop

Our defence do seem to back off alot and Eccles and Sheaf are not great at marking in and around the box.

shmmeee

Looks like Palmer might be on the bench, must be the first time we’ve had everyone available?

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Sheaf Allen
Saka Simms Wright

S: Wilson, Lats, Dasilva, Binks, Kelly, Ayari, O’Hare, Palmer, Godden

fernandopartridge

Leif Davis from left back is the main source of chance creation for them, miles ahead of anybody else. Not sure if that's all open play or whether he takes set pieces or not.

Hobo

Ipswich are a good side who attack swiftly on the counter attack and good at finding men in the box and have a number who can convert chances.

I would be very happy with a draw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread