Ipswich summary (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

It's clear Baka has not got what it takes for us and Biamou is a classic striker who given the chance will score becuase his movement is good where Baka's is zero. Now I'd say Max with Godden is the next try out. But O'Hare was very good second half in that 10 role. Allen must come in but we need a tough tackler next to Kelly like Walsh. So how do you fit Walsh, Kelly, O'Hare, Allen, Shipley and Westbrooke in the side? For me our best would be Allen, Kelly, Walsh and O'Hare with Walsh and kelly staying a little deeper. I think we will see a 4-4-2 from now on like this:

Morosi
Dabo Hyam Mcfaz McCallum
Allen Kelly Walsh O'Hare
Max Godden

Subs: Hiwula, Shipley, Mason, Wilson, Westbrooke, Rose, and Jodi Jones

Competition for places will get the best from them. TBF there are a number of player interchanges and formations we could do. If Jones comes back and plays anything like he can then it provides massive headaches for Robins.

Evo1883

It's clear Baka has not got what it takes for us and Biamou is a classic striker who given the chance will score becuase his movement is good where Baka's is zero. Now I'd say Max with Godden is the next try out. But O'Hare was very good second half in that 10 role. Allen must come in but we need a tough tackler next to Kelly like Walsh. So how do you fit Walsh, Kelly, O'Hare, Allen, Shipley and Westbrooke in the side? For me our best would be Allen, Kelly, Walsh and O'Hare with Walsh and kelly staying a little deeper. I think we will see a 4-4-2 from now on like this:

Morosi
Dabo Hyam Mcfaz McCallum
Allen Kelly Walsh O'Hare
Max Godden

Competition for places will get the best from them. TBF there are a number of player interchanges and formations we could do. If Jones comes back and plays anything like he can then it provides massive headaches for Robins.

You not keen on giving baka some credit for the second half?
Played as well as anybody over the second 45

Gman1987

I’m not a Baka fan but I thought he was really good 2nd half. Allen will take the pressure off the midfield who were over run first half. Agree Max and Godden up top
Dare I say I’d sell Hiwula over Baka?

Paxman II

I do give credit to Baka for improvement second half but there are better players who we will get more from.

robbiekeane

Morosi
Dabo Hyam Mcfaz McCallum
Allen Kelly Walsh O'Hare
Max Godden

Is Walsh a tough tackler?

Somerset Sky Blue

Morosi
Dabo Hyam Mcfaz McCallum
Allen Kelly Walsh O'Hare
Max Godden

Whilst this may be one of the strongest lineups at present, I think this (and many other seasons!), have shown we rarely get to play our top eleven for a long period of time. What is good is the competition for places and others who can step up and, as you say, create headaches for robins. (And, an extra player possibly in January - can't see it being a development player for next year but a first team contender).

mr_monkey

You not keen on giving baka some credit for the second half?
Played as well as anybody over the second 45

I'm sorry but the hatred for Baka from our fans is boardering on the obsessive now. From the first min today two twats behind us were slagging him off constantly for everything, and then in the second half didn't say a word when he did his good stuff. I just don't get the negativity, someone puts on a sky blue shirt and you support them

stay_up_skyblues

Thought Baka played well second half. He’s 3rd, possibly 4th (when Hilwulu is in form) choice striker. Naturally Godden will replace him but he’s an ok squad player for me.

stupot07

Morosi
Dabo Hyam Mcfaz McCallum
Allen Kelly Walsh O'Hare
Max Godden

You can only get those 4 in midfield if you move to a diamond. Allen isn't a winger.

I'm not a baka fan, but he was as good as anyone in that dominant second half.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fatso

I'm sorry but the hatred for Baka from our fans is boardering on the obsessive now. From the first min today two twats behind us were slagging him off constantly for everything, and then in the second half didn't say a word when he did his good stuff. I just don't get the negativity, someone puts on a sky blue shirt and you support them
He was poor today, to say he improved second half isn’t saying much, he’s just a poor player all round. It’s not hatred, or personal, it’s just fact.
No one got on his back during the game or gave him any stick, but I’m afraid he’s playing out of necessity, as soon as Godden is fit enough to start, Baka will be dropped.

rob9872

Agree with this, whilst on the pitch they deserve support however badly its going, but I equally don't get the love in on here, or on CWR on the eay home for his 2nd half. He was better, after s woeful 1st half, but far from great and should've been subbed imo. Ran around a lot, worked hard but achieved very little. Couple of very weak shots being the sum total. Someone a while back on here was defending him with goals per minutes stats. I'd like to see those again now, because he doesn't offer any goal threat imo which for a striker is poor.

PVA

Baka was great second half.

Max was quieter but he is an excellent finisher.

The problem today was the starting lineup. You can't play two up frond AND O'Hare in a midfield three unless you're playing weaker opposition or chasing the game. To lineup like that against the best team in the league was incredibly risky and we got torn apart for half an hour.

Once we went to one up front and beefed up the midfield we were the better team.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I’ve said it before the bias is baffling. Max was really poor today until he put us ahead, and credit to him he took the goal well. I was the first to say ‘what is baka doing at right mid?!’ But he had a great second half and regardless of who got the goal he was the better of the two if we’re really wanting to draw it into a comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You can only get those 4 in midfield if you move to a diamond.

...or a square

Play the 3-4-2-1 and you can fit them in to more comfortable positions. Kelly and Walsh as the more defensive two with Allen and O'Hare pushing on supporting the striker. You've then got Shipley and Westbrooke on the bench as replacements. Big thing for that is whether Allen and O'Hare can ensure the striker isn't isolated, but with two other central midfielders behind they should be able to. Does rely on Dabo and Mason/McCallum being able to contain their flanks.

hill83

We did a few bits of good football but also some bad bits of football but you could argue that the bad bits of football were mainly due to Ipswich doing some good bits of football. We did lots of good kicks and headers and did a great kick for the goal. Ipswich did a good kick for their goal.

1-1

MalcSB

We did a few bits of good football but also some bad bits of football but you could argue that the bad bits of football were mainly due to Ipswich doing some good bits of football. We did lots of good kicks and headers and did a great kick for the goal. Ipswich did a good kick for their goal.

1-1
Ipswich good kick with his head!

christonabike

Ipswich were far better first half if they got a second goal game over. Second half we changed it and they looked knackered. Great improvement and everyone played to their strengths.
Baka for me offed very little and he always heads towards the middle instead of down the wing to draw players toward him to get some space in the box. Second half he was a lot better.
Having said that Ipswich they have quality in abundance and we need to start winning games to get near a top spot.
Fair result jumpers for goalposts and all that.

stevefloyd

Robins is building a very good squad here and if we dont go up this season and this building continues with some better quality strikers i think we could well be major contenders next season. Its not as quick as many would like but slowly slowly catch the monkey

speedie87

Morosi
Dabo Hyam Mcfaz McCallum
Allen Kelly Walsh O'Hare
Max Godden

Ohare played on the left of a front 3 second half

rob9872

I’ve said it before the bias is baffling. Max was really poor today until he put us ahead, and credit to him he took the goal well. I was the first to say ‘what is baka doing at right mid?!’ But he had a great second half and regardless of who got the goal he was the better of the two if we’re really wanting to draw it into a comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bias is certainly baffling as Max was not poor. In the first half one of the few to come out with any credit. Won his flick ons that Baka didnt read, played a lovely round the corner ball on the near side and chased down defenders. Was literally feeding off scraps. In fact I cant recall another shot he had in the entire game apart from his goal. Played a teriffic low cross in too second half that he'd love to have got on the end of and ran down players too (not that Baka also didnt do that, but without carrying any goal threat)

Johhny Blue

Agree with the exception of Kevin Kyle

Johhny Blue

1-1
It was funny the first 28 times

glasgowfan

Apologies for doing a joke on the internet. I bet you're not even a real fan.
Apologies for not spotting the 2-word joke. A smiley might have helped
Not sure how you define a real fan. Started supporting the team before Jimmy Hill arrived. Went to every home game, reserves, A-team, youth team and most away games for many years. Now living 350 miles away and family health issues prevent me from attending matches.

Tommo1993

Not sure how you define a real fan. Started supporting the team before Jimmy Hill arrived. Went to every home game, reserves, A-team, youth team and most away games for many years. Now living 350 miles away and family health issues prevent me from attending matches.

The term “real fan” is commonly bandied about by those who were short-changed in the penis department.

hill83

The bias is certainly baffling as Max was not poor. In the first half one of the few to come out with any credit. Won his flick ons that Baka didnt read, played a lovely round the corner ball on the near side and chased down defenders. Was literally feeding off scraps. In fact I cant recall another shot he had in the entire game apart from his goal. Played a teriffic low cross in too second half that he'd love to have got on the end of and ran down players too (not that Baka also didnt do that, but without carrying any goal threat)

This is pretty much the reason the whole player ratings by any fan is absolute nonsense in my opinion. There is always going to be certain biases and everyone has their own idea on the arbitrary numbering anyway. Total waste of everyone’s time.

Skybluefaz

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread