Ipswich Fan In Peace (1 Viewer)

ITFCFan123

Going on that performance, and I appreciate you watch them every week, but I don't think things are as bad as you think.
You certainly looked better than Sunderland and you had a lot of injuries as well including, I think 3 front players.
A big ask to make the play offs but you never know. Good luck.

I think the 4 wins in 24 there are only so many time u can perform like that and take the positives. Same to you, best of luck

Grendel

If they get Warnock as rumoured, theyll win the league next season.

The fans would t like him. Ipswich are the same as West Ham - the fans live in a bygone era and convince themselves they are some total football team

Covstu

That isn't true. But I think we are allowed to wish for better than tenth in league one.
I had your lot in my start of season bet with Liverpool winning title and Leeds, Ipswich and Swindon all getting promoted. Guess who has fucked my bet!

clint van damme

No, we shared a plane with about a hundred Chelsea fans they had a game in Bulgaria too might have been same city. Flew to same airport as us can’t remember if they continued their flight or got coach.
They were their “boys” too but were okay.

you must have bbe non that plane with a well know City supporting landlord.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

He is yes. He cost us about 2 million and has been nothing short of hopeless.

Really, no wonder these shit managers keep coming back for more and Lambert is not the only one.

nmp2327

The away pub is the station hotel, away only, 1 minute walk from the station. Police will be outside it. There are an array of other pubs that show live football. Issaacs on the quay if its a nice day. Punch and judy shows the game and does food. An array to choose from. The station is meant to be very good, but im not allowed in.
As for parking, I would recommend Matalan, a sneaky one. It is next to a big Buzz Bingo and the parking is free and about 10 mins from the ground, you will find it no problem. I found it this year and worried about getting a ticket, but you can park there as long as you want, for free. Never that busy either.

IP2 0AQ
Thanks for your really useful tips, the car parking was superb option, most appreciated.

As for the game, glad we won. For the first 30 mins I thought your boys played like they wanted Lambert out and it looked like it was going to be a walk in the park for us but after 30 mins you stepped your game up and I was glad when the final whistle came.

Enjoy the rest of your season and thanks once again for all your comments and advice.

ITFCFan123

Thanks for your really useful tips, the car parking was superb option, most appreciated.

As for the game, glad we won. For the first 30 mins I thought your boys played like they wanted Lambert out and it looked like it was going to be a walk in the park for us but after 30 mins you stepped your game up and I was glad when the final whistle came.

Enjoy the rest of your season and thanks once again for all your comments and advice.

Matalan came through for you. Good to hear.

Same goes to you.

ITFCFan123

Pretty grim down here at the moment, expect you guys will have a good day.

Any questions regarding places to drink, eat or just go on Saturday or about the football feel free to ask and I will help as best as I can.

Cheers guys

Also wondering what the stewards were up to with your lot. Our Stewards have a rep for being a bit heavy handed

Wiseoldfool

No, we shared a plane with about a hundred Chelsea fans they had a game in Bulgaria too might have been same city. Flew to same airport as us can’t remember if they continued their flight or got coach.
I was at that game as well,the Chelsea fans were ok to be fair the leader of the shed Mick Greenaway was there and a few of us met up with when they played us at Highfield Road.

Magwitch

I was at that game as well,the Chelsea fans were ok to be fair the leader of the shed Mick Greenaway was there and a few of us met up with when they played us at Highfield Road.
Yes used to meet up with him when Chelsea came to town and at their place in that big boozer behind the shed, tapered off a bit when footie trouble intensified in the mid seventies. I

clint van damme

Yes sorry Kilcoyne getting his name mixed up with the old city skipper, used to go to lots of matches with him and his brother Moz, Tile Hill lads, think Moz might not be with us anymore sadly.

aye, think Dave is the only person I know who was at that game.

Wiseoldfool

Yes sorry Kilcoyne getting his name mixed up with the old city skipper, used to go to lots of matches with him and his brother Moz, Tile Hill lads, think Moz might not be with us anymore sadly.
Yeah Dave is a top bloke,did you go to the anniversary can't remember the opposition

oscillatewildly

No didn’t know there was one.
I think Wiseoldfool is referring to the annual CCFPA gathering in 2010 (40 yr anniversary) when they managed to get lots of players from the brief ICFC jolly, to attend.
I was barely out of nappies in 1970 but that hasn't stopped me collecting old City progs since - home and away. I have a fairly battered Trakia away which I managed to get signed by nearly everyone (CCFC) who played in that match, including the top Trakia player of the time who the committee managed to get hold of.
If he's referring to another 'anniversary', apologies!

Speedies_Chips

Did you trash the toilets on the plane?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The fans would t like him. Ipswich are the same as West Ham - the fans live in a bygone era and convince themselves they are some total football team
Wouldn’t that be like every team? boothroyd only became Hoofroyd when we started losing. There were no complaints when we were gearing up for a top of the league clash with Leeds and Norwich

Wiseoldfool

I think Wiseoldfool is referring to the annual CCFPA gathering in 2010 (40 yr anniversary) when they managed to get lots of players from the brief ICFC jolly, to attend.
I was barely out of nappies in 1970 but that hasn't stopped me collecting old City progs since - home and away. I have a fairly battered Trakia away which I managed to get signed by nearly everyone (CCFC) who played in that match, including the top Trakia player of the time who the committee managed to get hold of.
If he's referring to another 'anniversary', apologies!
Yeah that's the one had our photographs on the pitch,if you go onto theCCFPAwebsite and click on the gallery it's on there.

no_loyalty

Just going to bump this.
Congrats guys, enjoy the Champ. Assuming they are there, hopefully you do Norwich .

Good luck next season, hope you get rid of Paul Lambert and replace him with somebody decent.

Warwickhunt

Just going to bump this.
Congrats guys, enjoy the Champ. Assuming they are there, hopefully you do Norwich .
i think you will get Warnock for next season and he will bring you back up. Good luck next year!

Users who are viewing this thread