Ipswich Fan In Peace (2 Viewers)

Colin Steins Smile

Ok. I owe somebody a bag of jelly babies at some point in the future ! Joicey scored 9 goals in 2 seasons for us. Hardly prolific....
The goalkeeper for Trakia Plodiv at Highfield road was carried off after 10 minutes and we beat them comfortably that night. It was rarefied atmosphere of playing in the European Fairs cup.

The Great Eastern

The goalkeeper for Trakia Plodiv at Highfield road was carried off after 10 minutes and we beat them comfortably that night. It was rarefied atmosphere of playing in the European Fairs cup.
Was at that game and also the following Bayern game. Remember going mental with the rest of the West End when Neil Martin scored in the 1st half. Why we thought Bayern were going to buckle under in the 2nd half was pretty darn stoopid but totally extinguished when Gerd Müller scored for them. Happy days nonetheless.

tommydazzle

Usually always go to Ipswich - never get much there. Remember your great team of Mariner, Beattie et al. Also you were one of the first teams to import players from abroad - Arnold Murhen I recall was a good player. You’re right about the London centric bias, I remember Bob Wilson (ex Arse goalie) predicting 4 - 0 to the Arse in your FA cup win. I also remember all the newspapers assuming goal scorer Roger Osbourne was a Yorkshire man as he was from Otley with all the headlines reflecting this. Of course, he was a local boy from Otley Suffolk. So much for sports journalism and accurate research.

Couldn’t get tickets for this Saturday. (Prices have always been ridiculously steep for away fans).

ITFCFan123

Wont be able to get back on here tomorrow morning as I have been placed on parenting duties by the missus. Hope any questions you have had regarding pubs or parking have been answered, they are scattered about the thread if you need it tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day and then a rubbish 90 minutes.

I will go with a very boring 0-0 draw as my prediction. Safe travels all. COYB

shmmeee

Wont be able to get back on here tomorrow morning as I have been placed on parenting duties by the missus. Hope any questions you have had regarding pubs or parking have been answered, they are scattered about the thread if you need it tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day and then a rubbish 90 minutes.

I will go with a very boring 0-0 draw as my prediction. Safe travels all. COYB

Enjoy the parenting duties mate, they grow up too fast. And good luck with the rest of your season starting on Sunday. (I’d take a 0-0 TBH)

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
Thought Ipswich didnt look bad.

With a good striker playing they could have scored a couple.

Sears had a shit touch when through, that embarassing header when clean through as well.

Mucca Mad Boys

Sears had a shit touch when through, that embarassing header when clean through as well.

That was Nolan for the header. He must have thought he was offside because that was a poor attempt.

ITFCFan123

that was Nolan.. or as I know him the most pointless footballer I’ve ever seen.

skyblue1991

We played poor second half.

The fact Ipswich were poor themselves gave us the wintake the three points and move on. Good luck to Ipswich, a new manager I'm sure will spur them to a challenge next season.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

that was Nolan.. or as I know him the most pointless footballer I’ve ever seen.

I think he was part of the Shrewsbury team in 17/18 which massively overachieved and finished third.

We were also stung as we took their left back and centre mid who didn’t play many games for us

Porkchophill

He’s signed a 5 year deal hasn’t he ? Looks like a strange decision to give him that length of contract .. good luck for the rest of the season

ITFCFan123

I think he was part of the Shrewsbury team in 17/18 which massively overachieved and finished third.

We were also stung as we took their left back and centre mid who didn’t play many games for us

He is yes. He cost us about 2 million and has been nothing short of hopeless.

torchomatic

stevefloyd

I thought Ipswich played well without troubling us too much lacked the cutting edge but good luck to you lads and get that boring c**t co commentator I think it was Mick Mills off the radio

wingy

Yes and even worse he was the replacement for 7 miilion Martyn Waghorn, who managed 16 goals and 11 assists in the championship. Nolan has managed 2 goals in league one.
You may have to go through a bit of rationalisation like we did.
Hopefully without the need to drop through any further.
It doesn't all come through the spend..
We also have an excellent coach working alongside Robins.

ITFCFan123

You may have to go through a bit of rationalisation like we did.
Hopefully without the need to drop through any further.
It doesn't all come through the spend..
We also have an excellent coach working alongside Robins.

You are 100% right. I was just applying that to Jon Nolan and the example of replacing the player with the highest output in the championship for a player who costs 1/3 of the money and has no pedigree in the champ.

unfortunately the coaches we currently have at Ipswich are as bad as Lambert by all accounts. Hopefully our next appointment is far better

BackRoomRummermill

You are 100% right. I was just applying that to Jon Nolan and the example of replacing the player with the highest output in the championship for a player who costs 1/3 of the money and has no pedigree in the champ.

unfortunately the coaches we currently have at Ipswich are as bad as Lambert by all accounts. Hopefully our next appointment is far better

good luck for the rest of the season , if you make playoffs I will be looking out for Ipswich Town

stevefloyd

there is a reason he sounds bored... he has been watching us all season.

Millsy is a legend and Ipswich through and through. I wouldn’t say a bad word about him.
He is quite a legend for you but some of the crap he comes out with made me cringe a bit like our very own Dave Bennet

Magwitch

I thought Ipswich did okay, Just had no teeth up front their star striker is suspended I believe and missing Norwood. They are lagging behind five points off play/offs but looking at their remaining fixtures apart from Pompey it’s as decent run in.

ITFCFan123

I thought Ipswich did okay, Just had no teeth up front their star striker is suspended I believe and missing Norwood. They are lagging behind five points off play/offs but looking at their remaining fixtures apart from Pompey it’s as decent run in.

It is on paper, but it’s Ipswich. So I’m not holding my hopes.

clint van damme

It is on paper, but it’s Ipswich. So I’m not holding my hopes.

Going on that performance, and I appreciate you watch them every week, but I don't think things are as bad as you think.
You certainly looked better than Sunderland and you had a lot of injuries as well including, I think 3 front players.
A big ask to make the play offs but you never know. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread