Ipswich Fan In Peace (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Why is it going badly wrong at Ipswich?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Pretty grim down here at the moment, expect you guys will have a good day.

Any questions regarding places to drink, eat or just go on Saturday or about the football feel free to ask and I will help as best as I can.

Cheers guys
After about 10 games we were all saying 'It's Ipswich and one more to go up', what's gone wrong? Makes me nervous when I hear other people saying it about us. If you could recommend a pub nearish the ground that will show the early kick off, or have any recommendations on free parking within a 10-15 minute walk from the ground it would be greatly appreciated!

rob9872

I backed you to win the league and it turns out you're dog shite, although having said that we're Cov, so the ultimate point where we actually believe we can win a game for certainty due to your injuries, suspensions and form is the exact moment we're bound to get completely dicked. Ipswich 3 Cov 0 :(

CV22SBA

Any questions regarding places to drink, eat or just go on Saturday or about the football feel free to ask and I will help as best as I can.

Cheers guys
Looking forward to this one as not been to Ipswich for years.

SkyBlueCRJ

Cheers guys

What's the story behind the poor run of form? Seems like half your squad is injured which can't have helped.

ITFCFan123

Why is it going badly wrong at Ipswich?
Feel like I can answer a few questions with this post.

When we were winning games, we playing alright, and we were winning games, in my opinion as our players were just better. It was very basic, 442 no thrills we just won 1-0 most of the time, playing against teams which are now towards the bottom of the division. That started to turn and essentially the goals dried up and we had no plan b or real style. We lost badly at Accrington and home to Rovrum.
Then came the two halves phase, where we would play really well one half and then dire. League game at 'your place', first half we were excellent, second half you battered us. we picked up points here and there. Then in November our right back got injured. I know Dabo has been good for your lot, he is a top player. Vincent young our rb is superb, he was carrying us from right back he got injured and Lambo panicked. Starting changing the team every week, regardless if we won or not, and it was dire. Since then we have just been atrocious and lost all momentum, combined with injuries and an inept owner it has just gone wrong. Protests against owner has started and will be back on Saturday as well as anti lambert chanting. in summary, Lambert just lost his head and as consequence lost us the season

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

When we were winning games, we playing alright, and we were winning games, in my opinion as our players were just better. It was very basic, 442 no thrills we just won 1-0 most of the time, playing against teams which are now towards the bottom of the division. That started to turn and essentially the goals dried up and we had no plan b or real style. We lost badly at Accrington and home to Rovrum.
Then came the two halves phase, where we would play really well one half and then dire. League game at 'your place', first half we were excellent, second half you battered us. we picked up points here and there. Then in November our right back got injured. I know Dabo has been good for your lot, he is a top player. Vincent young our rb is superb, he was carrying us from right back he got injured and Lambo panicked. Starting changing the team every week, regardless if we won or not, and it was dire. Since then we have just been atrocious and lost all momentum, combined with injuries and an inept owner it has just gone wrong. Protests against owner has started and will be back on Saturday as well as anti lambert chanting. in summary, Lambert just lost his head and as consequence lost us the season
This makes a lot of sense. The right back in the games at St Andrews, Donacien I think his name was, has gone down in memory for me as being absolutely appalling

Warwickhunt

Cheers guys
you guys are getting what called down here "The Tony Mowbury Effect" a couple of seasons after we got relgated from the championship we were in a similar situation to yourselves doing quite well up to Xmas and looking at play off etc! then it went tits up in Mid January and we never won another game until late March but by then we were Fooked and eventually went dow to the old 4th division! its quite frightening down there and also in this division if you ask me.

Otis

Good luck for the rest of the season, but only after we are confirmed as champions. At the point feel free to sneak into the playoffs.

ITFCFan123

After about 10 games we were all saying 'It's Ipswich and one more to go up', what's gone wrong? Makes me nervous when I hear other people saying it about us. If you could recommend a pub nearish the ground that will show the early kick off, or have any recommendations on free parking within a 10-15 minute walk from the ground it would be greatly appreciated!

The away pub is the station hotel, away only, 1 minute walk from the station. Police will be outside it. There are an array of other pubs that show live football. Issaacs on the quay if its a nice day. Punch and judy shows the game and does food. An array to choose from. The station is meant to be very good, but im not allowed in.
As for parking, I would recommend Matalan, a sneaky one. It is next to a big Buzz Bingo and the parking is free and about 10 mins from the ground, you will find it no problem. I found it this year and worried about getting a ticket, but you can park there as long as you want, for free. Never that busy either.

IP2 0AQ

SkyBlueCRJ

Have their been any players during your run that have shown promise/bright spells or has pretty much every player been inconsistent?

Likewise are their any players that are just particularly abysmal yet keep on getting game time?

clint van damme

Cheers guys

Bet you to win L1 pre season. That was your kiss of death right there.
The recent contract extension for Lambert seems a bizarre decision

ITFCFan123

Have their been any players during your run that have shown promise/bright spells or has pretty much every player been inconsistent?

Likewise are their any players that are just particularly abysmal yet keep on getting game time?

Good players/ I am a Will Keane fan, but we keep lumping it long to him and he cannot win headers like that.
Armando Dobra may play, young kid,18,Albanian and Brighton wanted him in the summer. Tricky, fast will test the full back

Bad players/ Jon Nolan- the tidiest footballer ever who doesn't do anything. He wont give the ball way, but he wont do anything with it.
Alan Judge-Almighty fall from grace, flatters to deceive.
Lots of fans would say Keane, but we have no other strikers
Luke Garbutt-Good at playing left mid, a rubbish left back
Josh Earl- On loan from Preston, just why?
Tomas Holy- GK, I just think is he woeful.
Donacien- Rb cover, he's very steady, but doesn't give you what Vincent young did

ITFCFan123

Bet you to win L1 pre season. That was your kiss of death right there.
The recent contract extension for Lambert seems a bizarre decision

I have been a fan since the early 90s, so didn't see our heights. But saw us 5th in the Prem and have some serious good players/teams.

Never have I seen anything that bizarre. For context Gareth Ainsworth just signed a 2 year deal and he has them 3rd, they aren't that good lets be real (better than us) but rubbish and he has them 3rd. Lambert got a 5 year deal when we had won 2 games in 11 I think. I mean come on.

clint van damme

I have been a fan since the early 90s, so didn't see our heights. But saw us 5th in the Prem and have some serious good players/teams.

Never have I seen anything that bizarre. For context Gareth Ainsworth just signed a 2 year deal and he has them 3rd, they aren't that good lets be real (better than us) but rubbish and he has them 3rd. Lambert got a 5 year deal when we had won 2 games in 11 I think. I mean come on.

does that length of contract make him un sackable?
I'd imagine it would cost a fair chunk to buy out. What are the clubs finances like?

By the way, the money I put on you to win L1 was a partial reinvestment of the money I won after I bet you to go down the day you sacked McCarthy, you made an error there though I know the fans weren't happy with the style of football.

Liquid Gold

I think the whole football world was shocked when he was given a 5 year deal, wheels were already coming off at that point. I thought October Ipswich would run away with it, seemed a sensible decision to accept relegation last year and bring a manager in with a remit of building a League One team, obviously something went badly wrong. A City win and they're definitely out of the autos picture.

SkyBlueCRJ

Good players/ I am a Will Keane fan, but we keep lumping it long to him and he cannot win headers like that.
Armando Dobra may play, young kid,18,Albanian and Brighton wanted him in the summer. Tricky, fast will test the full back

Bad players/ Jon Nolan- the tidiest footballer ever who doesn't do anything. He wont give the ball way, but he wont do anything with it.
Alan Judge-Almighty fall from grace, flatters to deceive.
Lots of fans would say Keane, but we have no other strikers
Luke Garbutt-Good at playing left mid, a rubbish left back
Josh Earl- On loan from Preston, just why?
Tomas Holy- GK, I just think is he woeful.
Donacien- Rb cover, he's very steady, but doesn't give you what Vincent young did

Interesting view on Keane. I thought he was a real handful in the 1-1 draw at St. Andrews earlier this season. IMO we've become more solid since then so I'd like to think we'll deal with him better.

Will look out for Dobra if he plays. Sounds like a threat.

Garbutt may struggle against Dabo if that's the case as that man just does not stop working.

ITFCFan123

does that length of contract make him un sackable?
I'd imagine it would cost a fair chunk to buy out. What are the clubs finances like?

By the way, the money I put on you to win L1 was a partial reinvestment of the money I won after I bet you to go down the day you sacked McCarthy, you made an error there though I know the fans weren't happy with the style of football.

By all accounts there are break clauses but it would be very expensive in the first two years of that contract. We are in major debt, but Marcus Evans owes that all to himself, so it cancels out essentially. In terms of money we have received for players to out, it is insane we must be in about 25 million pound profit, but we haven't bought anyone good.

As for Mick, I understand why people think that. But we really needed a change. I am a Mick fan, he is a very good manager, he had to go though, for us and him. He had his flaws. No win vs Norwich, 0 Fa cup wins, lowest league finish. He had a very good squad as well. From a fan and I think I am kind of sane, he had to go. We just brought in the wrong man to replace.

ITFCFan123

Interesting view on Keane. I thought he was a real handful in the 1-1 draw at St. Andrews earlier this season. IMO we've become more solid since then so I'd like to think we'll deal with him better.

Will look out for Dobra if he plays. Sounds like a threat.

Garbutt may struggle against Dabo if that's the case as that man just does not stop working.

I am excited to watch Dabo. All I see on twitter is Cov fans waxing lyrical about him. If he stayed fit, the contest for team of the year with him and Vincent young would have been really good to watch.

I take it he is the 'Modern day full back' attack minded? what is his defending like though?

clint van damme

By all accounts there are break clauses but it would be very expensive in the first two years of that contract. We are in major debt, but Marcus Evans owes that all to himself, so it cancels out essentially. In terms of money we have received for players to out, it is insane we must be in about 25 million pound profit, but we haven't bought anyone good.

As for Mick, I understand why people think that. But we really needed a change. I am a Mick fan, he is a very good manager, he had to go though, for us and him. He had his flaws. No win vs Norwich, 0 Fa cup wins, lowest league finish. He had a very good squad as well. From a fan and I think I am kind of sane, he had to go. We just brought in the wrong man to replace.

didn't McCarthy have you mid table while reducing the wage budget?

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I am excited to watch Dabo. All I see on twitter is Cov fans waxing lyrical about him. If he stayed fit, the contest for team of the year with him and Vincent young would have been really good to watch.

I take it he is the 'Modern day full back' attack minded? what is his defending like though?

Excellent defender and very strong both on the ground and in the air, considering his height. Particularly good in 1v1s, don't see many beating him with trickery or pace. One of his main attributes is his energy levels, which makes him so effective in both defence and attack as RWB

SkyBlueCRJ

Dabo is pretty much the complete full back - the only thing he lacks to his game really is goals. His skill on the ball causes endless problems for opposition defenders, he's got pace and great acceleration, his crossing is good and his defending is excellent. He initially did go overboard at times with his tenacity and aggression off the ball as he has a tendency to pick up a lot of bookings. But he seems to have stamped that out.

ITFCFan123

He did
didn't McCarthy have you mid table while reducing the wage budget?

He did a lot of good. But from someone who went to almost every game under Mick, it really was boring. There were games where you just wondered where the hell it was going. I had people sit around me who were cancelling season tickets after 60+ years. It is hard to explain to someone who wasn't there. But our fans who are a pretty mild bunch got painted to be these toxic rugrats with no patience. It wasn't like that at all, we just needed a change, it backfired, but I stand by that it was needed.

Liquid Gold

Honestly, Dabo is the best player we've had in a long long time. Possibly one of the best players the league has seen in a long time. I don't know how we got him, he's so much better than us it doesn't make any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread