Ipswich Fan In Peace (2 Viewers)

ITFCFan123

Dabo is pretty much the complete full back - the only thing he lacks to his game really is goals. His skill on the ball causes endless problems for opposition defenders, he's got pace and great acceleration, his crossing is good and his defending is excellent. He initially did go overboard at times with his tenacity and aggression off the ball as he has a tendency to pick up a lot of bookings. But he seems to have stamped that out.
Are you playing a back 5/3?
Walsh has always impressed me and Kelly who I assume partners him? Really solid midfield that

ITFCFan123

I
Honestly, Dabo is the best player we've had in a long long time. Possibly one of the best players the league has seen in a long time. I don't know how we got him, he's so much better than us it doesn't make any sense.
I felt that about Vincent young if he stayed fit, he would've been gone in the summer.

If you go up, will he stay? I assume there is interest from top Champ clubs and maybe prem?

Liquid Gold

I

I felt that about Vincent young if he stayed fit, he would've been gone in the summer.

If you go up, will he stay? I assume there is interest from top Champ clubs and maybe prem?
Weirdly no whispers yet and we sold the other full back for double the record for a L1 left back in Jan. There is no way we'd keep him if we didn't go up. He was playing in the Europa League the season before last. I don't know what dirt Adi Vivesh has on him to make him come to a homeless league 1 club.

SkyBlueCRJ

Are you playing a back 5/3?
Walsh has always impressed me and Kelly who I assume partners him? Really solid midfield that

Walsh is a great player and another than can cause a lot of problems. Probably another one that should be playing at a higher level really.

I like Kelly but lately he's been a shadow of his former self and has just been off the boil recently - whether that's because he could be fatigued or is perhaps carrying an injury I don't know. Some fans are suggesting he should be rested but he's so important to how we play and there's no one really that can replace him so that's highly unlikely.

The Great Eastern

Is the truly awful Drum and Monkey still an away fans pub ? I havent got one good word to say about the place even though its many years since I've been in there. A few light bulbs would have helped the ambience of the place !
Also, assuming you use TWTD, are Witchdoctor (good guy) and GTSB (bad guy) still users ? Used to get on well with Witchy. Not something I can say about Gerald, The Sudbury Blue. I came back from the pub one friday evening and got onto Canary Corner and said 'pity it wasnt GSTB I.e. 'Goose Step To Berlin'. Given his very right wing views, it wasnt too well received ! Was a good few years ago.

ITFCFan123

Is the truly awful Drum and Monkey still an away fans pub ? I havent got one good word to say about the place even though its many years since I've been in there. A few light bulbs would have helped the ambience of the place !
Also, assuming you use TWTD, are Witchdoctor (good guy) and GTSB (bad guy) still users ? Used to get on well with Witchy. Not something I can say about Gerald, The Sudbury Blue. I came back from the pub one friday evening and got onto Canary Corner and said 'pity it wasnt GSTB I.e. 'Goose Step To Berlin'. Given his very right wing views, it wasnt too well received ! Was a good few years ago.

Drum and Monkey has been knocked down, became more of a home fans pub, I was gutted to see it go.

Witchdoctor is still about but rarely posts, GTSB has been banned I believe.

ITFCFan123

Walsh is a great player and another than can cause a lot of problems. Probably another one that should be playing at a higher level really.

I like Kelly but lately he's been a shadow of his former self and has just been off the boil recently - whether that's because he could be fatigued or is perhaps carrying an injury I don't know. Some fans are suggesting he should be rested but he's so important to how we play and there's no one really that can replace him so that's highly unlikely.

What about the strikers. I have always liked Biamou, but assume Matty Godden gets the nod. Is it a case of two good strikers and Godden is more in form or is it due to system or all round ability?

SkyBlueCRJ

What about the strikers. I have always liked Biamou, but assume Matty Godden gets the nod. Is it a case of two good strikers and Godden is more in form or is it due to system or all round ability?

Biamou is a fine replacement in Godden's absence, but realistically Godden is heads and shoulders above him in terms of actual ability IMO - although one or two on here have thought otherwise at times. In all fairness to Biamou he works his socks off, does the dirty work, gets up well, and his finishing is pretty decent too. But, Godden's record this season is pretty much 1 in 2 in the league and that simply can't be ignored.

IMO our system doesn't particularly get the best out of Godden at times but starting with Biamou alongside/just behind definitely doesn't. Biamou isn't the quickest and isn't exactly known for being brilliant on the ball so playing with Godden has just never worked. Not when we usually play with two AM's who are integral to our creativity. Cut one of those out and replace them with Biamou - like against Rotherham - everything seems to become very disjointed and scrappy.

We play a 5, 2, 2, 1 so going forward our wingbacks and attacking midfielders probably provide our biggest threat.

ITFCFan123

Biamou is a fine replacement in Godden's absence, but realistically Godden is heads and shoulders above him in terms of actual ability IMO - although one or two on here have thought otherwise at times. In all fairness to Biamou he works his socks off, does the dirty work, gets up well, and his finishing is pretty decent too. But, Godden's record this season is pretty much 1 in 2 in the league and that simply can't be ignored.

IMO our system doesn't particularly get the best out of Godden at times but starting with Biamou alongside/just behind definitely doesn't. Biamou isn't the quickest and isn't exactly known for being brilliant on the ball so playing with Godden has just never worked. Not when we usually play with two AM's who are integral to our creativity. Cut one of those out and replace them with Biamou - like against Rotherham - everything seems to become very disjointed and scrappy.

We play a 5, 2, 2, 1 so going forward our wingbacks and attacking midfielders probably provide our biggest threat.

Jesus it could get messy on Saturday. We were saying last night a few of us. Fleetwood are a decent league one team but they are dross. Coventry are a good league one team but are actually quite good. May get embarrassing.

SkyBlueCRJ

Jesus it could get messy on Saturday. We were saying last night a few of us. Fleetwood are a decent league one team but they are dross. Coventry are a good league one team but are actually quite good. May get embarrassing.

Despite your form I don't think it will be a walk over, or easy for that matter. You still have good players and given our position the pressure is very much on us.

Mucca Mad Boys

We tend to be v solid at the back and will rarely concede more than 1 goal. A good win for us is by a 2 goals against anyone really. Only putting Wycombe and Tranmere to the sword this season. We don’t blitz teams like Oxford, P’boro or Sunderland do.

I’m expecting a tough game on Saturday, would love the 3pts, Ipswich are there for the taking, BUT, it’s a tough fixture nonetheless.

Good luck for the rest of the season, after Saturday of course!

skyblue1991

The away pub is the station hotel, away only, 1 minute walk from the station. Police will be outside it. There are an array of other pubs that show live football. Issaacs on the quay if its a nice day. Punch and judy shows the game and does food. An array to choose from. The station is meant to be very good, but im not allowed in.
As for parking, I would recommend Matalan, a sneaky one. It is next to a big Buzz Bingo and the parking is free and about 10 mins from the ground, you will find it no problem. I found it this year and worried about getting a ticket, but you can park there as long as you want, for free. Never that busy either.

IP2 0AQ
Any pubs in the town centre that away fans can use (i.e. no restrictions if wearing colours)? I've seen there is a Wetherspoons called The Cricketers.

mrtrench

Nah, we seldom score many... we score good team goals (by which I mean lots of passing and pleasing to the eye right up to the killer pass) but not a good amount of goals. If you score two we're not likely to win. But you're unlikely to score two.

The Great Eastern

Drum and Monkey has been knocked down, became more of a home fans pub, I was gutted to see it go.

Witchdoctor is still about but rarely posts, GTSB has been banned I believe.
Remember GTSB boasting about the racist abuse he gave to lino Paul Singh one game when we played out a draw at Portman Road. Hardly surprising he got banned with extreme right wing views.
Think it was the same game when our Michael Doyle elbowed one of your guys in the head in front of the main stand. For some inexplicable reason, the ref yellow carded your player and left Doyler totally alone !
Despite my Norwich bias, Portman Rd is one of my favourite grounds to visit. Shame the away allocation is small but understand that's just the way it is. Cant make it myself due to local Norfolk footy reasons but my son blagged a ticket. Lucky sod !

oscillatewildly

Must say, start of this year I predicted Ipswich to kick on and blunderland to drop like a stone.
Hasn't quite worked out as I thought it would.

PurpleBin

Pretty grim down here at the moment, expect you guys will have a good day.

Any questions regarding places to drink, eat or just go on Saturday or about the football feel free to ask and I will help as best as I can.

Cheers guys

Say you titled your message;

"Ipswich Fan and Moderately Angry"

Would you have taken a different approach?

Brighton Sky Blue

Thing is we rarely smash teams by 3 or 4. It'll be close and settled by the odd goal or 2.

torchomatic

My 13 year old has just told me he's 'heard' Lambert has been sacked. Hope not.

torchomatic

Just had a look and a tweet stating he's been sacked has been deleted. Don't think it's true.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just had a look and a tweet stating he's been sacked has been deleted. Don't think it's true.

They couldn't afford the pay off on the remainder of a 5 year contract (particularly as they will still be in League 1)

ITFCFan123

We tend to be v solid at the back and will rarely concede more than 1 goal. A good win for us is by a 2 goals against anyone really. Only putting Wycombe and Tranmere to the sword this season. We don’t blitz teams like Oxford, P’boro or Sunderland do.

I’m expecting a tough game on Saturday, would love the 3pts, Ipswich are there for the taking, BUT, it’s a tough fixture nonetheless.

Good luck for the rest of the season, after Saturday of course!

It would be very Ipswich for us to win 1-0. I just cannot see it. We really aren't very good haha

ITFCFan123

Any pubs in the town centre that away fans can use (i.e. no restrictions if wearing colours)? I've seen there is a Wetherspoons called The Cricketers.

I reckon you would be fine in the cricketers. There is a pub called the cock and pye in town, loads of big screens good bar, good prices. Haven't see many away fans in there, but if you did go in there wouldn't be any trouble, it is a very friendly pub. Bouncers on the door, but I am pretty sure away fans would be allowed in. Most pubs sit just outside town. Most Cov fans will be in the station and there are always away fans in Punch and Judy.

I think except the curve bar which is home only, you will get in anywhere with colours, we are a friendly bunch.

Liquid Gold

I reckon you would be fine in the cricketers. There is a pub called the cock and pye in town, loads of big screens good bar, good prices. Haven't see many away fans in there, but if you did go in there wouldn't be any trouble, it is a very friendly pub. Bouncers on the door, but I am pretty sure away fans would be allowed in. Most pubs sit just outside town. Most Cov fans will be in the station and there are always away fans in Punch and Judy.

I think except the curve bar which is home only, you will get in anywhere with colours, we are a friendly bunch.
When I went to Norwich I got free pints and a go on the barmaid’s tits. Surely you’re friendlier than them?

ITFCFan123

Remember GTSB boasting about the racist abuse he gave to lino Paul Singh one game when we played out a draw at Portman Road. Hardly surprising he got banned with extreme right wing views.
Think it was the same game when our Michael Doyle elbowed one of your guys in the head in front of the main stand. For some inexplicable reason, the ref yellow carded your player and left Doyler totally alone !
Despite my Norwich bias, Portman Rd is one of my favourite grounds to visit. Shame the away allocation is small but understand that's just the way it is. Cant make it myself due to local Norfolk footy reasons but my son blagged a ticket. Lucky sod !

We could easily give the teams that can fill it up to 4k I would say. When we were in champ, we were getting about 18k and still only giving 2k, except Leeds who we gave 6k ? There will be about 16k-18k on Saturday. That leaves 13000ish empty seats. I would give you lot as many as we can. It is money at the end of the day.

ITFCFan123

Would've made sense in December, Warnock loves us. No point now as we aren't going to go up.

I expect Lambert will go before the end of the season. But at the end of the day, with that owner in charge no manager will truly 'succeed' Mick would have got us up with money, but he took us as far as he could with Evans' backing

ITFCFan123

They couldn't afford the pay off on the remainder of a 5 year contract (particularly as they will still be in League 1)

Essentially yes, but if the gates start dropping below 15k, he won't have a choice. That is his main source of income for the club I would imagine without Tv money.

Liquid Gold

Would've made sense in December, Warnock loves us. No point now as we aren't going to go up.

I expect Lambert will go before the end of the season. But at the end of the day, with that owner in charge no manager will truly 'succeed' Mick would have got us up with money, but he took us as far as he could with Evans' backing
Excuse me for my ignorance but what has your owner done so badly? From what I can see things obviously haven’t worked out but he’s still pumped loads of money in. If I’m playing devils advocate it looks like another set of fans expecting an owner to just give it up and walk away if things don’t go to plan writing off the money they’ve put it.

Users who are viewing this thread