Investment on the Horizon? (5 Viewers)

Irish Sky Blue

Always said it would make sense to put them under the same roof, but why liquidate
One of them, surely having two teams in two sports in the top leagues brings in more
Revenue and raises the profile of all involved.
Anyway I don't know what everybody's getting excited about, Grendel will be along
Shortly to piss on everyone's chips. Ah well :)
Amalgamate Wasps with Coventry RFC, call them Coventry and get them playing in blue and white.

Sky Blue Harry H

I've missed out the middle of the thread (lazy sod that I am). Have we moved from 'expecting some big news about CCFC' to 'Council need to save £36M over 3 years'

If so, that is - to put it mildly - an anti-climax:confused:. Please let there be some CCFC news (other than a thrashing at the Reebok)

Johnnythespider

I've missed out the middle of the thread (lazy sod that I am). Have we moved from 'expecting some big news about CCFC' to 'Council need to save £36M over 3 years'

If so, that is - to put it mildly - an anti-climax:confused:. Please let there be some CCFC news (other than a thrashing at the Reebok)
Somebody linked the OP to something SG tweeted. SG has since tweeted that his news is not ccfc related. In short 2 completely different stories, 1 thread.

Malaka

Out of ten how hopeful are you of good news ?
He has been 100% right, but like I said it's a rumour, something is happening but no one is saying anything
I'm going to be an optimist
Can't get carried away just yet as some posters are. We are all desperate for some good news fingers crossed we can all have a happy new year

wingy

Ha maybe they are going to make a killing developing the old CO-OP store in town.
The Council are letting the place go for a pound with a 250 yr lease.
Apparently the only way to secure a developer capable of producing something other than Student accommodation.
Get on it Joy!

wingy

I would say if ccfc can only get the bins changed once every 2 weeks its very much of interest. Lets face it, we have a lot of rubbish !!
Well it would have the added benefit of freeing traffic flow on many routes between 7-9am particularly acute around Stoke /Alderman Green etc on a Friday morning. :mad:

Covstu

I heard that Steven Gerrard and Robbie Keane have both saved up their pocket money to buy the club. They are both going to be joint managers also...

skybluebeduff

Anyway of getting in contact with Mr Brody? He's gullible enough to let something slip if investment was on the horizon, I'd imagine he'd be the first to sell his shares.

Covstu

I heard that Steven Gerrard and Robbie Keane have both saved up their pocket money to buy the club. They are both going to be joint managers also...
... and you're also full of shite ;)
sorry it seemed to be the norm when reading some of these 'links' we have had on this site recently....

Gosford Green

We are probably the most attractive prospect for someone to buy and build from almost a standing start.
After Oxford on Saturday I do not care who it is, if they are investing and/or getting rid of SISU then the only way is up, we are bouncing along the bottom. No owner can be as bad as SISU,.

Gosford Green

Take away being a CCFC fan... why would you buy us ahead of well, just about everyone bar Accrington![/QUOTE]

As mentioned before potential, history and the cost. SISU would walk for a lot less than the owners would want for a traditionally similar sized club in the PL or Championship.

Nick

Administrator
Take away being a CCFC fan... why would you buy us ahead of well, just about everyone bar Accrington!

As mentioned before potential, history and the cost. SISU would walk for a lot less than the owners would want for a traditionally similar sized club in the PL or Championship.[/QUOTE]

That's because you get a lot less for the money, why wouldn't they buy a club with a stadium for example?

Gosford Green

Red Bull (yes I am getting a bit ahead of myself) would have Wasps beating a hasty path for some kind of deal. it is no secret that they need funds.

And if Wasps are as bad as Nick says they are Red Bull would do what they did when they took over that German lower league team, build a new stadium.
Lets not confuse all club owners with SISU.

Brylowes

As mentioned before potential, history and the cost. SISU would walk for a lot less than the owners would want for a traditionally similar sized club in the PL or Championship.

That's because you get a lot less for the money, why wouldn't they buy a club with a stadium for example?[/QUOTE]
I know we are told we are not, but are derby for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread