International Vic (3 Viewers)

edgy

Our Big Swede has been called up for upcoming Nations League matches.

They have 4 games in 10 days, early June. You'd imagine he'll get some decent game time.

No rest for him though really over the summer.

Bertola

Our Big Swede has been called up for upcoming Nations League matches.

They have 4 games in 10 days, early June. You'd imagine he'll get some decent game time.

No rest for him though really over the summer.

Robins said last week that he was expecting this, and that Vik would be allowed to join up with the rest of the squad later than when they return....

I'm still expecting a meltdown when hes not in any pictures from the first week of pre-season

SBT

Big question for us this summer is whether Gyokeres’ value will ever be higher than it will be in this window. A string of good performances in these few games could push it up to an irresistible level.

higgs

Could it top the Robbie Keane record transfer fee?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SleepyGinger

What might help our chances of keeping Vik this year is that there are a lot of championship strikers of similar age/record to him.

Players like Piroe, Brereton-Diaz, Adebayo might be more attractive to the potential suitors.

Brighton Sky Blue

Big question for us this summer is whether Gyokeres’ value will ever be higher than it will be in this window. A string of good performances in these few games could push it up to an irresistible level.

He’ll only improve you hope. Get him to the magic 20 and the bids will be excellent in any case

SBT

No. I’d rather keep him. The money (or in practice probably less than 50% of what is received) sounds good but his goals and overall game will be unbelievably difficult to replace. We could find another Gyo but we could also end up with another Walker.

In fairness, even if we did sell and replace him with another Walker, that’s still a pretty good side, even before you get to reinvesting the rest of the cash.

Calista

In fairness, even if we did sell and replace him with another Walker, that’s still a pretty good side, even before you get to reinvesting the rest of the cash.
Got to disagree. A proper centre forward is the focal point of almost any good side (unless you've got billions of pounds of talent like Man City), and Gyokeres is the best we've had since dropping out of the Prem IMO. He takes the fight to the opposition in a way that someone like Walker will never do. Look at how Everton and Leeds fell off a cliff in the absence of Calvert-Lewin and Bamford. Albeit at a level below, Vik is our equivalent of those players, and would be incredibly hard to replace.

SBT

Got to disagree. A proper centre forward is the focal point of almost any good side (unless you've got billions of pounds of talent like Man City), and Gyokeres is the best we've had since dropping out of the Prem IMO. He takes the fight to the opposition in a way that someone like Walker will never do. Look at how Everton and Leeds fell off a cliff in the absence of Calvert-Lewin and Bamford. Albeit at a level below, Vik is our equivalent of those players, and would be incredibly hard to replace.

I mean, it's hard to say given how regularly we played last year - there were only five league games he didn't start in (won 1, lost 1, drew 3). Selling him would require a big change in tactics, but that's not a reason to hold at all costs. Unless we think he's going to get us promoted on his own, then it's in our interests to sell when he hits peak value. I expect him to continue to improve next season, and I'd rather keep him around, but if someone wants to offer us Oli McBurnie money then realistically we're always going to sell, and it wouldn't be a disaster anyway.

Mucca Mad Boys

To support what you say, of all the games he’s scored this season, we’ve only lost one game where Gyo has scored. That game was Huddersfield (H).

Personally, I don’t think Gyo is ready for the next level, yet. For one more season, we’re the ideal place for him to Continue his development.

cov donkey kick

The last big money striker we produced was Callum Wilson and think he went for not big money but good sell one so Vic must be big initial money as sisu will keep most of it as is there financial model so robins will still get 2 or 3 million out of a big fee.
Shame Wilson has spent more time out than on the pitch.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There needs to be some investment in the side regardless, but it would feel very much one step forward and two steps back if we funded it by selling Viktor. He is our best player in my opinion.

Speedie's Head

I can't see all three of the big names starting the season - it suits season ticket sales to keep up the pretence. If Gyoks becomes a full blown international on the back of this opportunity then we can't afford to hold on to him and, frankly, he'd be daft to stay.

SlowerThanPlatt

I can't see all three of the big names starting the season - it suits season ticket sales to keep up the pretence. If Gyoks becomes a full blown international on the back of this opportunity then we can't afford to hold on to him and, frankly, he'd be daft to stay.

He may start one game because they have 4 in 11 days I think it is. Elanga, Isak and Kulusevski are ahead of him in the forward positions. Last time he was called up he didn’t even make the bench

SleepyGinger

He may start one game because they have 4 in 11 days I think it is. Elanga, Isak and Kulusevski are ahead of him in the forward positions. Last time he was called up he didn’t even make the bench
Yeah think he’s quite unlucky actually, Sweden got their best attacking options in years and all young

Mucca Mad Boys

There needs to be some investment in the side regardless, but it would feel very much one step forward and two steps back if we funded it by selling Viktor. He is our best player in my opinion.

Not necessarily. It really depends on your recruitment. Brentford sold Watkins for ~30m and replaced him with Toney for a third of that. Toney has probably done better at Brentford than Watkins which is some achievement!

stay_up_skyblues

Not necessarily. It really depends on your recruitment. Brentford sold Watkins for ~30m and replaced him with Toney for a third of that. Toney has probably done better at Brentford than Watkins which is some achievement!

Dont know the ins and outs of the Watkins sale. But in our scenario if we get £15m (at very most and this is optimistic) then Brighton probably get half. SISU then take a fair chunk for the investors and/or a big percentage goes to the club’s running costs. in reality MR could get as little as £2-£5m to reinvest. In absence of finding another gem then it may not touch the sides in replacing what Gyo is to the team.

Its all moot if his head gets turned and he wants to go but I just can’t get too excited about the potential income from his sale.

mark82

Dont know the ins and outs of the Watkins sale. But in our scenario if we get £15m (at very most and this is optimistic) then Brighton probably get half. SISU then take a fair chunk for the investors and/or a big percentage goes to the club’s running costs. in reality MR could get as little as £2-£5m to reinvest. In absence of finding another gem then it may not touch the sides in replacing what Gyo is to the team.

Its all moot if his head gets turned and he wants to go but I just can’t get too excited about the potential income from his sale.

There's no way Brighton get half. Maybe 20% of profit, wouldn't think much more.

Users who are viewing this thread