Interesting series of Tweets regarding the finances of League One clubs (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

The specific points ........... well I think you have to look behind the figures to get to proper comparatives between clubs....... certainly figures quoted for CCFC are misleading and that actually is not helpful
Isn't this the same chap that was tweeting out incorrect info about our accounts before and get the hump when it was pointed out?

If you want to have a go then you need to get your facts straight or you make it easy for someone like Fisher.

skybluetony176

Does FFP create a wage cap at total level?

Linked to turnover. Rugby’s cap is a flat rate. If you turn over a gazillion pounds or you turn over one pound your salary cap is the same, £7M. Unlike FFP where it’s linked to turnover. That’s the difference and it’s a big difference. Unless of course you’re suggesting that Man Cities collective squad is on the same salary as Burnley’s collective squad and I think we both know that isn’t the case.

Grendel

Linked to turnover. Rugby’s cap is a flat rate. If you turn over a gazillion pounds or you turn over one pound your salary cap is the same, £7M. Unlike FFP where it’s linked to turnover. That’s the difference and it’s a big difference. Unless of course you’re suggesting that Man Cities collective squad is on the same salary as Burnley’s collective squad and I think we both know that isn’t the case.

Premier league rules are different and championship even more so and is not to do with wages at all.

Does FFP create a cap at total level - yes or no?

skybluetony176

Premier league rules are different and championship even more so and is not to do with wages at all.

Does FFP create a cap at total level - yes or no?

Jesus Christ I’ve already answered that. Is it identical for each club or is it (unlike Rugby) linked to turnover? yes or no?

I tell you what. Why don’t you ask one of the other posters who have made the same point to you. For some reason you’ve singled me out and I wasn’t even the first poster to make the point to you.

tisza

But is rugby strictly flat rate? Couldn't The 2 player exemption could see Newcastle paying their 2 players 100k each and Wasps paying their 2 players 1m each.?

stupot07

But is rugby strictly flat rate? Couldn't The 2 player exemption could see Newcastle paying their 2 players 100k each and Wasps paying their 2 players 1m each.?
That's exactly what the player exemption does.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

tisza

That's exactly what the player exemption does.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
okay so in player terms 2 maybe not be a big difference but financially could represent a large % difference in player budget so not necessarily most even of playing fields

Users who are viewing this thread