Interesting chat with City Insider yesterday (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Well I'm glad you know everything regards CCFC for certain but other posters have been making many quite far flung guesses and assumptions as to policy and on going strategy for some time now. Truth is, it's all a bit mundane and day to day. I guess as long as the debt interest is covered and management charges are met, SISU's investors have accepted that their money will likely be tied up for a bit longer and as long as the club is running at a break even budget allowing for those payments then they'll wait until all legal avenues have been explored.

Ashdown

You'd rather he had kept it to himself? I thought 'the characters we are familiar with are not central to strategy' was intrigueing. Does that include Seppala?

No not Seppalla, she's the only one that we know of who does know what long term strategy is I think.

M&B Stand

Depressing isn't it?

I used to prefer the threads the day after a game where someone would state they'd spoken to Joe Elliot in a pub before the game and he said things were going on behind the scenes. Those were the days.

wingy

You'd rather he had kept it to himself? I thought 'the characters we are familiar with are not central to strategy' was intrigueing. Does that include Seppala?

Might be a referrence to WINACRE,who allegedly sit above SISU In the chain .

Supposed to be headed up by a Lebanese fella

SkyBlue_Bear83

So basically nobody at the club knows what's going on, they are just concentrating on day to day running of club.

Did the 5 point plan thing come from Sepalla, or was it just something the club made up to make it appear they know whats going on. Same with the new stadium, is that coming from Sepalla or again just made up by the club to make it appear they know the plan.

skybluetony176

So plan A was operations premier league.

Plan B is litigation, plan C is litigation, plan D is litigation, plan E... Well you get the point.

If I was being cynical I'd suggest that there's never been an attempt to purchase the Ricoh ever. Any "attempt" was merely setting the stage for a high court drama. If I was being cynical.

Last edited:

ecky

And where is fisher drawing a wage from, Sisu or CCFC?
Can you find out anywhere what salary fisher Waggott and pressley are being paid?

League 2 beckons if one or 2 of the bottom clubs puts a run together we are down.

How can we get Sisu out?
I think NOPM is the only answer

ollyservetta

Think this just sums up what most think is happening, the out of site out of mind syndrome ,applying to matchdays ,club shop and everything else. The onlything left for our owners other than the golden share and the lasting hope of a court win ,is the loyalty of the fans who they expect ,and always have done ,to turn up every week threw passion and love for the club and hand money over. Im sorry to say that with the way we are playing ,the boring clueless football SP produces ,the actual lack of football knowledge there seems to be ,well im in feeling that all im doing at home games is funding a donkey sanctuary for footballers and paying for a product that we never get .SP might be passionate but he was a knob as a player ,on and of the pitch and has returned a bigger knob who thinks what is acceptable in the 3rd tier in Scotland is acceptable down here,. IF he was/is so passionate ,then why did he sign a 4 yr contract knowing the way the club was going .he oversaw the dismantling of a half decent squad for what ever reasons and now we are in the shite .Surely its up to the manager to speak out when told to sell players and when you are not allowed to bring decent players in The only passion he has is his greed to sign knowing the club is in freefall,.Im sick of people telling us to get behind the team but after 40 odd years im getting sick to death of the shite we are fed.We work a lot harder ,put in a lot more hours and get paid a lot less than the players ,manager ,and the owners staff ,why the fuck should I fund them when they cant produce a decent product. Sorry rant over

wingy

Well I'm glad you know everything regards CCFC for certain but other posters have been making many quite far flung guesses and assumptions as to policy and on going strategy for some time now. Truth is, it's all a bit mundane and day to day. I guess as long as the debt interest is covered and management charges are met, SISU's investors have accepted that their money will likely be tied up for a bit longer and as long as the club is running at a break even budget allowing for those payments then they'll wait until all legal avenues have been explored.

Well I guess we dodged the Bullet of all debts/Loans being called In through Dec/Jan and particulalrly this window ,or Indeed any loan

Interest as Fisher exclaimed at one of the more recent SCG meetings.

shy_tall_knight

Pretty much as I suspected, if we all agree the fisher Bowl is fantasy, we are a very small busines £5m turnover, if you are not looking to develop the club and just concentrate on legal actions there isn't really much for Fisher to do. Watching Brizzol on the TV clearly going in 1 direction so different to us

Warwickhunt

And where is fisher drawing a wage from, Sisu or CCFC?
Can you find out anywhere what salary fisher Waggott and pressley are being paid?

League 2 beckons if one or 2 of the bottom clubs puts a run together we are down.

How can we get Sisu out?
I think NOPM is the only answer
i would'nt worry about NOPM the way SP has got these players setup we are so shit that the crowd is diminishing by the week, even people who have bought season tickets are not bothering to go, one day the penny will drop that if you have no money to spend and you only have these players to use then we need a man manager who can get the best out of people and I am afraid to say SP is not your man

SkyBlueSid

At least it wouldn't cost too much to buy whatever's left.

Quite so. I'm not sure what there is left. Match up the assets and liabilities and the club is probably worth nothing now.

Assets: Balls, bibs, cones, a kettle and 4 mugs. Liabilities: Players' contracts, a 4-year manager's contract, plus a pile of debts.

Bill Glazier

Anyone know what the legal status of academies is? Surely there must be some rules to stop them being used purely as cash generators for an owner who has no interest in the club succeeding?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Anyone know what the legal status of academies is? Surely there must be some rules to stop them being used purely as cash generators for an owner who has no interest in the club succeeding?

Doubt it, that's how some clubs survive, one 2 million sale will run Crewe Alexandra for a year or two.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

Did you notice that the message about signings in this window seemed to alter.. of course there is still nearly a week to go and something may happen.

Don't know what you think but it smacks of Waggot having recently had a meeting with Seppala to look at the numbers and being told to cut back even more.

All speculation of course.. but smoking guns and all that gubbins.. ehhh.

To me Jack it's trying to exhaust all avenues legality wise and then as the op said lap of the gods. It is very similar to the championship season.

I think we will get relegated and we the fans care about that but I don't think sisu honestly care about relegation. There can't be much difference between league 1 and league 2 in terms of revenue. Especially when considering all the money lost on legal fees and stupid expenses.

Makes my bloody boil indont want to go down to league 2. But nothing we can do.

J

Jack Griffin

Well I guess we dodged the Bullet of all debts/Loans being called In through Dec/Jan and particulalrly this window ,or Indeed any loan

Interest as Fisher exclaimed at one of the more recent SCG meetings.

I think the plan extends a couple more years at least, Flecks contract would never have been approved otherwise.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Hate the current owners and plight they have put us in. Maybe the plan is to see what can legally be achieved before the end of the current rental agreement, then they will liquidate. My own opinion is increasingly being drawn to NOPM, starve them out if we can, it's not like we are being entertained is it?

Gazolba

I'm not going to give any identification of said individual but situation is like this:

<snip>

Nothing shocking there but an insight.

Isn't it obvious to everyone yet that CCFC/SISU/Otium is a dysfunctional organization? No-one knows what anyone else is doing, and no-one really cares. That is why we are where we are. Sooner or later some high-level executive we have never heard of will give the orders to pull the plug.

tisza

I think the plan extends a couple more years at least, Flecks contract would never have been approved otherwise.
but you do wonder whether they are just securing a value for Fleck and that a bid of a 150-200k would probably see him move on in the summer.

Hobo

I'm not going to give any identification of said individual but situation is like this:

Fisher is doing nothing, he has no role at the club whatsoever, he's certainly not doing anything towards a new stadium.
Waggot is generally a decent bloke but only an employee and is completely hand tied with incoming players as there are no funds available.
Pressley only has what he has and does care passionately but the so called budget at CCFC is not as high as some tout on here at all.
Seppalla only inquires after the results once a week and provides funds according to needs for basic operation from Central funds from SISU HQ
Protests are pointless at matches because no actual SISU representatives are generally in attendance.
The characters we are familiar with are not central to strategy.
There is no apparent plan other than the refusal to give up on litigation but no one who runs the club on a day to day basis really knows.

Nothing shocking there but an insight.

I think a lot of us have realised that for along time, it is just the Northampton faithful who don't. But in their defence I think it is passion and faithfulness to the club that has blinded them. In fairness there are other parties who have influenced our plight before and during SISU's reign, which has angered and coloured their judgement.

One of the biggest problems with SISU is their strategy and PR appears scatter gun, this is what has eroded confidence with the clubs fans, their business partners and it seems the legal system. What they have presented or tried to present in court often hasn't been relevant to the case they have brought. I would also suggest the turnover in directors etc., also suggests a lack of continuity or faith in the business plan.

Hobo

the response to NOPM has been cost cutting and reduced money for the team.

No they no longer have the money to invest to get fans back, they never had it to buy into the Ricoh that was before NOPM. Most on here said the campaign was futile,

Snozz_is_god

the response to NOPM has been cost cutting and reduced money for the team.

even if we were getting 24K gates every game, SISU still won't spend any money on the team, it'll go to servicing the debt, all they are interested in is getting their money back.

I agree to NOPM starve the *£@%@£$ out

tisza

even if we were getting 24K gates every game, SISU still won't spend any money on the team, it'll go to servicing the debt, all they are interested in is getting their money back.

the problem with is that unfortunately it is just supposition. it would be nice to be in the position to see whether it would be true or not.
we do know that the response to reduced income has been cost- cutting rather than extra investment.

Samo

They should be good to go around about the time the Wasps Ricoh lease runs out.

Gazolba

NOPM is irrelevant. Ordinary fans are voting with their feet and wallets each game. Attendances will decline as performances decline. The real message will be delivered by next season's season ticket sales. The only cure is for performances to improve. How to improve the performances is the job of the manager and owners. Without that, it's a slow death by strangulation.

SkyBlue_Bear83

NOPM is irrelevant. Ordinary fans are voting with their feet and wallets each game. Attendances will decline as performances decline. The real message will be delivered by next season's season ticket sales. The only cure is for performances to improve. How to improve the performances is the job of the manager and owners. Without that, it's a slow death by strangulation.

I think a lot of supporters made hasty decisions to renew when we returned to the Ricoh, I reckon we could be sub 6k easily next season for some games even in league 1 if Pressley is still in charge and SISU are still here.

Senior Vick from Alicante

How can you say NOPM is irrelevant? If the club is just ticking over as indicated in the op, then by not funding the process will eventually force an outcome. It will be either liquidate or sell, if theirs no fans players on a free wouldn't want to come. How long would they fund a team in an empty stadium. As the JR is in multiple name's this could continue with the club being sold on, the only reason they would continue to fund would be to continue to litigate and sink the club with the debt. Would forcing their hand to do this early be more appealing than the slow death were already suffering.

NorthernWisdom

How can you say NOPM is irrelevant? If the club is just ticking over as indicated in the op, then by not funding the process will eventually force an outcome. It will be either liquidate or sell, if theirs no fans players on a free wouldn't want to come. How long would they fund a team in an empty stadium. As the JR is in multiple name's this could continue with the club being sold on, the only reason they would continue to fund would be to continue to litigate and sink the club with the debt. Would forcing their hand to do this early be more appealing than the slow death were already suffering.

It's the risk/reward, and I'd lay odds fans are, in the main, irrelevant to that.

I'd also put my money on the former of liquidate or sell.

As fr quick end rather than slow death than maybe. In fact, we might actually be able to thank SISU for forcing a resolution of sorts whereas previously we were on an inevitable downward circle that either needed arresting with something radical, or bringing to a conclusion.

And then you have the risk... that yet more fractures, bitching, shouting and alienating of fellow fans ends up handicapping any future club to such a degree that the fans kill it before it even begins...

Users who are viewing this thread