Interesting chat with City Insider yesterday (4 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

I think a lot of supporters made hasty decisions to renew when we returned to the Ricoh, I reckon we could be sub 6k easily next season for some games even in league 1 if Pressley is still in charge and SISU are still here.

This is me I always said I would buy my season ticket again as soon as we returned didn't really have the money as just had another child but did it any and what a mistake it has been. They will not catch me out again next year Waggott could knock on my door and beg me and I still wouldn't. I think the crowd could go sub 4k next year whichever league we are in.

Gazolba

How can you say NOPM is irrelevant? If the club is just ticking over as indicated in the op, then by not funding the process will eventually force an outcome. It will be either liquidate or sell, if theirs no fans players on a free wouldn't want to come. How long would they fund a team in an empty stadium. As the JR is in multiple name's this could continue with the club being sold on, the only reason they would continue to fund would be to continue to litigate and sink the club with the debt. Would forcing their hand to do this early be more appealing than the slow death were already suffering.

It's irrelevant because most fans don't even know what it means. You'll never get a total boycott or an empty stadium. All it means is not going to home games and fans are already doing that based on the poor performances. No need for any organized 'movement' to achieve what is already in motion.

skybluebeduff

What a depressing read.

Yet people would still suggest to "get behind the team", "pack out The Ricoh"....

For what exactly? to watch the death of the club you love?

torchomatic

I can only speak for myself, but to simply support the club I love.

There are two options really, attend or don't attend.

What a depressing read.

Yet people would still suggest to "get behind the team", "pack out The Ricoh"....

skybluebeduff

Like I said above, to watch the death of the club you love? unless someone can point out that i'm wrong in regards to our club dying a slow death?

I'm a season ticket holder, I was all caught up in the novelty of us coming home, but did not foresee The Ricoh becoing some other teams home.

Every fan here loves the club, but more are willing to sacrifice their support in the hope that short term pain can lead to long term gain. But either option people choose is a gamble anyway, not one of us know our future, yet we can foresee it!

torchomatic

This CCFC insider. Was he at the Rugby? Why wasn't he down watching us in Somerset?

AndreasB

What a depressing read.

It cant die if people attend can it? We all know thats what you NOPM types really want though isnt it?

Sky Blue Kid

It cant die if people attend can it? We all know thats what you NOPM types really want though isnt it?
Of course it is. We're not true fans like you, forget about the thousands upon thousands of pounds we've all spent on ST's and travelling to away games all over the country. Only true fans will blindly follow a team deliberately taken from its home for a season, and kiss SISU's a**e in the process. Just my opinion of course. Obviously anyone that went to Sixfields had the right to do so, but it doesn't give t**ts like you the right to ridcule the rest of us.

SonofErnie

We all know that any extra revenue generated by bigger attendances will be syphoned off into SISU coffers. This will probably encourage them to hang around longer. When they came attendances had dropped off, but they were still at the 17/18k level, with the odd game at 20+. What did they do with the money then!!

skybluebeduff

Of course it is. We're not true fans like you, forget about the thousands upon thousands of pounds we've all spent on ST's and travelling to away games all over the country. Only true fans will blindly follow a team deliberately taken from its home for a season, and kiss SISU's a**e in the process. Just my opinion of course. Obviously anyone that went to Sixfields had the right to do so, but it doesn't give t**ts like you the right to ridcule the rest of us.

He stereotypes people to suit his own liking, take him with a mine full of salt.

He actually believes the more the fan backing, the better our club would be, yet our owners consistently show a different business plan, so it's all fool him.

It will hurt people like him the most when the time comes.

Rusty Trombone

We all know that any extra revenue generated by bigger attendances will be syphoned off into SISU coffers. This will probably encourage them to hang around longer. When they came attendances had dropped off, but they were still at the 17/18k level, with the odd game at 20+. What did they do with the money then!!

You've got to be realistic about that, all that money wouldn't have been enough to cover wages and running costs. SISU have run the club into the ground, but they (or rather their investors) are the ones funding the losses, not a couple of hundred pounds each a year from supporters.

NorthernWisdom

You've got to be realistic about that, all that money wouldn't have been enough to cover wages and running costs. SISU have run the club into the ground, but they (or rather their investors) are the ones funding the losses, not a couple of hundred pounds each a year from supporters.

Yup, at that point we weren't far from the time when McGinnity was quoting 22k as the break-even attendance figure.

SonofErnie

They didn't do their due diligence properly then!

Rusty Trombone

No not at all apart from the £2.6m management charges and the extortionate debt interest !

A previous post by OSB58 on the issue of management charges.

Just something else that keeps being mentioned

management charges.

There are no details in the published accounts of Otium paying management charges to anyone.

What did used to happen was that CCFC Ltd paid CCFC H management charges of around 2.6m. That was disclosed as income in CCFC H Ltd and formed part of administrative expenses in CCFC Ltd. When the Group accounts were put together the two amounts contra out to nil. The purpose of these management charges was to transfer costs from CCFC H and to attribute them to CCFC Ltd (eg the rent was shown in CCFC H but clearly the lease was held by CCFC Ltd)

No other disclosures have been made concerning management charges. If they had been paid to SISU then this should have been disclosed in the notes to accounts under related parties.

shmmeee

Well it more and more looks like it may have been the Councils fault.

Yep, that email that Les Reid uncovered about how Ann Lucas went out and ripped up CCFC advertising so people wouldn't go, or the insider story where John Mutton sneakily edited player contracts so they got more money, and let's not forget Chris West spending all night rigging the Telegraph poll so that Thorn won and would be appointed.

DAMN YOU COUNCIL!!!!

*shakes fist at sky*

AndreasB

Yep, that email that Les Reid uncovered about how Ann Lucas went out and ripped up CCFC advertising so people wouldn't go, or the insider story where John Mutton sneakily edited player contracts so they got more money, and let's not forget Chris West spending all night rigging the Telegraph poll so that Thorn won and would be appointed.

DAMN YOU COUNCIL!!!!

Blimey that was quick.You Council wallahs sure are quick to stamp on any implied criticism. You are like a cult.

*shakes fist at sky*

shmmeee

Hang on, you can't have it both ways. Either Sisu have run the club (into the ground or not) and are therefore responsible for the costs of the business and the income of the business. Or it's all Mike McGinnity's fault and Sisu have been funding losses that any competent management team would have reduced. If they reduced costs while also reducing income then that's just poor management.

Every new chairman we're told how the club is wasting loads of money and how now they aren't. We had it with McGinnity, then Ranson, then Delieu and now Fisher. Each one claimed to have streamlined the club. FFS McGinnity went as far as trying to rebadge the club to save on printing costs, yet when SISU arrived, it was Ranson telling us how we're wasting loads of money and we'd soon break even after all the cost cutting. Then Delieu came in with apparently a remit to cut costs and got us relegated in the process, but it was all worth it because we now had a club run sensibly. Then Fisher comes in and says the same again. Now we're still apparently overspending and need to "cut our cloth" so much that without a massive expenditure on a new stadium or a new lease we won't earn enough money.

Sounds about as financially literate as your average Tory chancellor.

Much like a Tory chancellor, I suspect this has less to do with a wish to improve the finances of the club and more to do with an ideological point of view.

(this rant not aimed at you, just at an endless stream of chairmen telling us that they need to cut costs with no seeming end in sight)

shmmeee

AndreasB said:
I can't use the quote system, I'm as technically literate as a 5 year old.

Rather than the pretty well worn insults, can you actually back up your original point?

Rusty Trombone

Hang on, you can't have it both ways. Either Sisu have run the club (into the ground or not) and are therefore responsible for the costs of the business and the income of the business. Or it's all Mike McGinnity's fault and Sisu have been funding losses that any competent management team would have reduced. If they reduced costs while also reducing income then that's just poor management.

Every new chairman we're told how the club is wasting loads of money and how now they aren't. We had it with McGinnity, then Ranson, then Delieu and now Fisher. Each one claimed to have streamlined the club. FFS McGinnity went as far as trying to rebadge the club to save on printing costs, yet when SISU arrived, it was Ranson telling us how we're wasting loads of money and we'd soon break even after all the cost cutting. Then Delieu came in with apparently a remit to cut costs and got us relegated in the process, but it was all worth it because we now had a club run sensibly. Then Fisher comes in and says the same again. Now we're still apparently overspending and need to "cut our cloth" so much that without a massive expenditure on a new stadium or a new lease we won't earn enough money.

Sounds about as financially literate as your average Tory chancellor.

Much like a Tory chancellor, I suspect this has less to do with a wish to improve the finances of the club and more to do with an ideological point of view.

(this rant not aimed at you, just at an endless stream of chairmen telling us that they need to cut costs with no seeming end in sight)

I accept that you're not aiming this at me, and rightly so, as I'm only suggesting one thing, so clearly I'm not trying to have anything 'both ways'.

My response was to a suggestion that SISU were in some way syphoning off money, which on current attendances etc, there won't be any to syphon off.

shmmeee

I accept that you're not aiming this at me, and rightly so, as I'm only suggesting one thing, so clearly I'm not trying to have anything 'both ways'.

My response was to a suggestion that SISU were in some way syphoning off money, which on current attendances etc, there won't be any to syphon off.

Sorry, really poorly worded. "You" was relating to Sisu, not you.

will am i

As far as I know we havent seen any accounts for a while so its difficult to know. But it isnt clear where the fees for Christie and Wilson have gone. Maybe to fund day to day costs maybe not. Ive still no idea how much they have actually 'invested' since they have been here just unsubstantiated claims from seemingly unreliable sources such as Tim Fisher. Agreed its difficult to see how they could syphon off more money now, but the attendances are their own fault as you can only take the piss for so long.

AndreasB

DAMN YOU COUNCIL!!!!

*shakes fist at sky*

No the stuff I meant was Councillors overvaluing/lying about a City asset then selling it on the cheap to a hedge fund (probably who they had been dealing with for 12 months) therefore damming the football club to an uninvestable nuclear winter for however many hundred years wasps have that lease for AND for whoever picks up the pieces of this sorry club after SISU. That.

bigfatronssba

No the stuff I meant was Councillors overvaluing/lying about a City asset then selling it on the cheap to a hedge fund (probably who they had been dealing with for 12 months) therefore damming the football club to an uninvestable nuclear winter for however many hundred years wasps have that lease for AND for whoever picks up the pieces of this sorry club after SISU. That.

They didn't sell it until after the club returned though so that isn't a valid reason as to why we played in Northampton.

Also, overestimating ACL's income during the Northampton year had nothing to do with us playing there either so again that isn't a valid reason is it?

Users who are viewing this thread