Insight into Richardson (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Would that be the same CCFC whose owners have long declared that they will be building a new stadium?

Any why do we need to build a new stadium? Would there be any need to build a new stadium if we had been offered the sale of the Ricoh on similar terms to Wasps. Of course that wouldn't have happened as there is evidence to suggest CCC would not sell to CCFC in any circumstances.

If you want to believe that Wasps will put the rent back up to £1.2m a year, believe it. You'd be wrong. Still, nothing like blaming others.

Can you link us to the details of the new rental deal we have to follow on form the 2+2 as we've not seen it yet you seem to know all about it.

chiefdave

Our combined attendance for three games is just under 67,000. Average attendance in Wycombe last season, around 5,500.

So to be clear all this Wasps talk about the Coventry community is false? From how you are justifying the move to Coventry if and when attendances drop it will be absolutely fine for Wasps to up and move again.

martcov

Any why do we need to build a new stadium? Would there be any need to build a new stadium if we had been offered the sale of the Ricoh on similar terms to Wasps. Of course that wouldn't have happened as there is evidence to suggest CCC would not sell to CCFC in any circumstances.

Can you link us to the details of the new rental deal we have to follow on form the 2+2 as we've not seen it yet you seem to know all about it.

we shouldn't need to build a new stadium and probably won't find a site near here anyway. We left the Ricoh. We said we are building a stadium. Tim wouldn't have taken the offer Wasps took ( see David Conn's tweet ). There is no evidence that CCC would not have sold to SISU under any circumstances. There is a scribbled note from one councillor who wasn't council leader at the time and it was in the middle of a rent strike by SISU. It was not binding on council policy and the judge classed it as irrelevant.

the talk of 1,2m rent in 3 years or so is BS and you know it. Apart from us getting relegated, declining attendances etc., the whole world suffered a recession which we are still on the way out and no-one is going to sign a mad rental deal which they couldn't pay if they wanted to in League 1.

martcov

So to be clear all this Wasps talk about the Coventry community is false? From how you are justifying the move to Coventry if and when attendances drop it will be absolutely fine for Wasps to up and move again.

I thought you were hoping that they fail and move. Is that ethical thinking?

chiefdave

we shouldn't need to build a new stadium and probably won't find a site near here anyway. We left the Ricoh. We said we are building a stadium.

Long before the talk of a new stadium or leaving the Ricoh there was talk of needing stadium ownership. Do you think if at that point a deal to purchase the stadium that was acceptable to SISU would have seen us move to Northampton or pursue a new ground?

Tim wouldn't have taken the offer Wasps took ( see David Conn's tweet ).

I love how Fisher is routinely a lier who is full of BS until quoting him suits an agenda. Think about the timing of that quote, then also consider the fact that SISU tabled a bid for Higgs 50%, hardly an indication they weren't interested in a similar deal.

There is no evidence that CCC would not have sold to SISU under any circumstances. There is a scribbled note from one councillor who wasn't council leader at the time and it was in the middle of a rent strike by SISU. It was not binding on council policy and the judge classed it as irrelevant.

Brilliant, so apart from the evidence that has been presented there is no other evidence. That's certainly a winning argument.

the talk of 1,2m rent in 3 years or so is BS and you know it. Apart from us getting relegated, declining attendances etc., the whole world suffered a recession which we are still on the way out and no-one is going to sign a mad rental deal which they couldn't pay if they wanted to in League 1.

I don't know what they rent will be and neither do you. As for we won't sign what option will we have, especially if the FL refused a second ground share.

stupot07

If your fanbase is dwindling year on year, as it was, and you are losing millions every year, as we were, it would be sheer suicide not to find a life support machine. Our combined attendance for three games is just under 67,000. Average attendance in Wycombe last season, around 5,500. On top of that, we were only keeping a tiny percentage of matchday takings. There's nothing unethical in giving yourself the chance to not only survive, but to prosper.

If a company struggles in one area, but finds another area which offers huge growth potential, it moves.

Some of the existing fanbase will fall away, but I'm seeing people at the Ricoh that I hadn't seen for years. They came to Sudbury, they came to Loftus Road, they came to Adams Park, but then they started to drift away. It's costing them less to come to games than it used to at Wycombe, because of the free transport, free parking and free food and drink.

Next season, the stadium station will be open. There's the strong likelihood of cut-price rail fares from London. Even now, you can get day returns for less than the cost of a day return to Wycombe, with a very similar journey time. A friend of mine paid £7 for her outwards journey yesterday.

There are a lot of very happy Wasps fans at the moment - many of whom weren't happy when the move was announced.

I'm literally lolling.

You obviously know very little about our club.

Dwindling fanbase? we were averaging 21k 8-9 years ago - we have just over 7k at our last home game

Losing money? We've been losing £6-8m per annum for as long as I can remember and are in £40-50m debt.

Only keep a tiny % of matchday income - yes, this is exactly what we've had access to for 8-9 years

You think our fanbase would accept moving 90 miles for us to survive? Not a chance in hell.

What happens in 2-3 years when the initial excitements gone and the crowds are lower and you're still making losses? Move again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

I do indeed hope the move fails and Wasps move back to London. Similarly I hoped the move to Northampton would fail and we would have to return to Coventry. I'm not the one claiming Wasps moving halfway across the country irrespective of the damage it does to others is ethical.

Nick

Administrator
we shouldn't need to build a new stadium and probably won't find a site near here anyway. We left the Ricoh. We said we are building a stadium. Tim wouldn't have taken the offer Wasps took ( see David Conn's tweet ). There is no evidence that CCC would not have sold to SISU under any circumstances. There is a scribbled note from one councillor who wasn't council leader at the time and it was in the middle of a rent strike by SISU. It was not binding on council policy and the judge classed it as irrelevant.

If we can't find land around here then we will just move somewhere else where we can find a better fanbase, simple. I also expect all of the people sat waving Wasps flags to back it as it is quite clearly ethical.

bigfatronssba

I gave the Wasps a go yesterday and I have to say I was very impressed with the set up.

The all day entertainment in the Jag hall was great and really gave it the feel of a party. You can really see the pride they have in the Ricoh and love to show it off. The stadium looked great. Simple things like just replacing the empty advertising boards with the Wasps badge made it all look so much tidier.

The shits that run us can really learn something from them. Sisu have never shown and pride in the Ricoh and never tried to show it off. Nor do they ever try anything new in entertainment.

The contrast couldn't have been more stark. CCFC just want to put on a game as cheaply as possible, with you spending as much money as possible, all in 90 mins. Then its a case of the game is over now piss off.

bigfatronssba

I do indeed hope the move fails and Wasps move back to London. Similarly I hoped the move to Northampton would fail and we would have to return to Coventry. I'm not the one claiming Wasps moving halfway across the country irrespective of the damage it does to others is ethical.

So when people lose their jobs because of it will you still be glad its failed?

martcov

If we can't find land around here then we will just move somewhere else where we can find a better fanbase, simple. I also expect all of the people sat waving Wasps flags to back it as it is quite clearly ethical.

I think we will end up outside of Coventry in someone else's town. I am against it because it involves my team and the whole thing is the result of bad management and failure to understand how council's work and the psyche of football fans. The problem is largely our owner's doing and we will lose out. Not bothered about Wasps ethics. They are doing well on and off the pitch and the fans seem to be voting with their feet. Wish we were joint owners of ACL with them.

Nick

Administrator
I think we will end up outside of Coventry in someone else's town. I am against it because it involves my team and the whole thing is the result of bad management and failure to understand how council's work and the psyche of football fans. The problem is largely our owner's doing and we will lose out. Not bothered about Wasps ethics. They are doing well on and off the pitch and the fans seem to be voting with their feet. Wish we were joint owners of ACL with them.

So were Wasps being in the shit in Wycombe not down to bad management?

Nick

Administrator
I gave the Wasps a go yesterday and I have to say I was very impressed with the set up.

The all day entertainment in the Jag hall was great and really gave it the feel of a party. You can really see the pride they have in the Ricoh and love to show it off. The stadium looked great. Simple things like just replacing the empty advertising boards with the Wasps badge made it all look so much tidier.

The shits that run us can really learn something from them. Sisu have never shown and pride in the Ricoh and never tried to show it off. Nor do they ever try anything new in entertainment.

The contrast couldn't have been more stark. CCFC just want to put on a game as cheaply as possible, with you spending as much money as possible, all in 90 mins. Then its a case of the game is over now piss off.

Shock, very anti sisu / Sixfields person goes to wasps game! :claping hands:

martcov

So when people lose their jobs because of it will you still be glad its failed?

Funny how people want the ones who have done things that have til now worked out to fail, and somehow deflect the blame for our plight from the ones who have done things that haven't worked out. Some ethics.

martcov

I'm literally lolling.

You obviously know very little about our club.

Dwindling fanbase? we were averaging 21k 8-9 years ago - we have just over 7k at our last home game

Losing money? We've been losing £6-8m per annum for as long as I can remember and are in £40-50m debt.

Only keep a tiny % of matchday income - yes, this is exactly what we've had access to for 8-9 years

You think our fanbase would accept moving 90 miles for us to survive? Not a chance in hell.

What happens in 2-3 years when the initial excitements gone and the crowds are lower and you're still making losses? Move again?

Give me a link to the lower crowds in 2 or 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

bigfatronssba

Shock, very anti sisu / Sixfields person goes to wasps game! :claping hands:

I was against going to Sixfields because IMO boycotting was putting pressure on Sisu to bring the club home. My motives were for the good of CCFC.

Going to Wasps makes no difference whatsoever to CCFC.

bigfatronssba

chiefdave

Ricoh staff, club shop staff, employees of local pubs and shops.

Why would Ricoh staff or employees of pubs and shops lose their jobs? Are you stating that if Wasps move back to London the Ricoh will close?

As for the club shop how many people are we talking here? Leads to a question of what happened to the staff of Wasps previous club shop. Or are you saying we should have no problem with the loss of jobs caused by Wasps move to the Ricoh? I would suggest if that is the stance then it doesn't really give a solid platform for complaint if the same thing happens should they move again.

bigfatronssba

Why would Ricoh staff or employees of pubs and shops lose their jobs? Are you stating that if Wasps move back to London the Ricoh will close?

As for the club shop how many people are we talking here? Leads to a question of what happened to the staff of Wasps previous club shop. Or are you saying we should have no problem with the loss of jobs caused by Wasps move to the Ricoh? I would suggest if that is the stance then it doesn't really give a solid platform for complaint if the same thing happens should they move again.

If Wasps move back to London there will be less going on at the Ricoh, therefore less staff are needed.

When Wasps were at Adams Park I would wager that they employed a lot less staff than they do now. Supplying the needs of 20k fans is obviously going to require more staff than looking after 5k fans.

lordsummerisle

When Wasps were at Adams Park I would wager that they employed a lot less staff than they do now. Supplying the needs of 20k fans is obviously going to require more staff than looking after 5k fans.

Looks like they'll be laying some staff off then soon.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

We've never owned the Ricoh unfortunately, maybe we would have shown pride and showed it off if we had done so.

Nick

Administrator
I think this just shows the difference in attitude from Rugby and football fans in general.

And how easy the same people can have such different opinions just because the shape of the ball is different?

Something happens in football = worst thing every, let's go mad, protest, petition
Happens in Rugby = absolutely fantastic, defend and justify it to the end

stupot07

Shock horror.

Wasps showing some pride in the stadium they own 365 days per annum (leasehold). Changing advertising in their own building, and then comparing it to CCFC who were mean 23 day per annum tenants. How could CCFC show off the ricoh when they only had access to the bowl/boxes on matchday's? Perhaps we should have paid another £1.3m rent to higher out the Jaguar Hall on matchdays too? Perhaps they should have paid extra to get some entertainment in to? Thinking of all that F&B money that could have made....oh, yeah we didn't get access to F&B's...

SkyBlue_Bear83

And how easy the same people can have such different opinions just because the shape of the ball is different?

Something happens in football = worst thing every, let's go mad, protest, petition
Happens in Rugby = absolutely fantastic, defend and justify it to the end
Rugby seems to be viewed as more of an entertainment business at least at the top level, people don't have passion for Rugby which must be why they don't really care and accept a team moving 90 miles. Doesn't seem to be any loyalty amongst Rugby fans and they will just go to watch the nearest top level team, if a decent premiership rugby team moved into Wycombe to replace Wasps I'd imagine most of the people who watched Wasps at Adams Park would start going to watch the new team.

Nick

Administrator
Rugby seems to be viewed as more of an entertainment business at least at the top level, people don't have passion for Rugby which must be why they don't really care and accept a team moving 90 miles. Doesn't seem to be any loyalty amongst Rugby fans and they will just go to watch the nearest top level team, if a decent premiership rugby team moved into Wycombe to replace Wasps I'd imagine most of the people who watched Wasps at Adams Park would start going to watch the new team.

But surely if your views are so strong (and those famous morals and spines we often hear about) about something in one sport they would at least slightly carry over into another? We have seen people who are part of fans unions and supporters direct and stuff demanding football be fixed and sticking up for football fans literally saying they couldn't care about Wasps fans in all of this.

How does that happen?

Moff

I am hoping that. I couldnt give a shit if it was ethical, I just disagree with what they have done. I also support Saints who dont need some franchise team eating into their patch.

Oh and stating Vigornians posts as fact, when indeed there is no evidence that what they wrote is fact apart from the fact that they actually wrote it, means using that logic that what everyone writes on here is actaully fact.

bigfatronssba

Shock horror.

Wasps showing some pride in the stadium they own 365 days per annum (leasehold). Changing advertising in their own building, and then comparing it to CCFC who were mean 23 day per annum tenants. How could CCFC show off the ricoh when they only had access to the bowl/boxes on matchday's? Perhaps we should have paid another £1.3m rent to higher out the Jaguar Hall on matchdays too? Perhaps they should have paid extra to get some entertainment in to? Thinking of all that F&B money that could have made....oh, yeah we didn't get access to F&B's...

Are you telling me as fact that CCFC couldn't have rented out the arena on matchdays? It is usually empty on matchdays anyway as there is no parking available for any other events to take place. They could have easily done a deal with ACL.

Your attitude to it is exactly the point I am making. "Why waste money on that" attitude. Its about making the fans have the best day possible. That way you increase the likelihood of them returning.

As for showing off the Ricoh, it usually looks a right mess when there is a football game on. Yesterday everything looked in its place.

bigfatronssba

Lies and bullshit.

Lol so your saying the Ricoh and surrounding businesses could lose the Wasps and it wouldn't affect business? Are you really saying that?

Users who are viewing this thread