Injury Updates (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I never said Kastaneer. My point was he’s a midfielder. The key ones: Kelly, sheaf, Hamer, James and his direct competition - O’Hare. He’s leagues away from them.

after them, it’s Shipley and Allen. I don’t think Jones will be as useful as them. He’s in the same bracket as Jobello

Must be a reason why we continue to have him around, I assume not for charity

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Must be a reason why we continue to have him around, I assume not for charity
The last we saw of him he was tearing up league two, I’d imagine if we could get him fit and he is good in this league - great, if not wages aren’t high we can possibly sell him for a fee based on that. His wages won’t be high - the risk/reward is pretty much the same as keeping Bakayoko

stupot07

I never said Kastaneer. My point was he’s a midfielder. The key ones: Kelly, sheaf, Hamer, James and his direct competition - O’Hare. He’s leagues away from them.

after them, it’s Shipley and Allen. I don’t think Jones will be as useful as them. He’s in the same bracket as Jobello

If Jones comes back with the same pace and ability he showed before his initial injury, he will be an asset. He was on the verge to moving to championship Leeds before that injury.

He is rapid, he can run at people and he has a great finish on him.

He is a winger/attacking midfielder/support striker - he wouldn't be competing against Kelly, Hamer, Sheaf or James. It would be O'Hare, shipley, Allen, kasteneer, jobello and Bapaga. He's ability and pace would put him ahead of most of that list. I would rather look at the bench and see a fit Jones than a few on that list.

The if he comes back fit, with the same pace and ability is a big if though. If he doesnt or loses a yard of pace then that's another matter.

I'd certainly give him another year to see if he can get over his injury. If we don't, another team will certainly pick him up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

DannyThomas_1981

HDW I don’t want to argue with you and see your points.

But equally, Championship Leeds were on the verge of making a bid for JJ before his injury as he was tearing up L2 - so I would guess their scouts have some idea as to his potential for the Champ.

I believe that Jones would have been a valuable player this season and would love to see him back in the shirt.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But equally, Championship Leeds were on the verge of making a bid for JJ before his injury as he was tearing up L2 - so I would guess their scouts have some idea as to his potential for the Champ.

I believe that Jones would have been a valuable player this season and would love to see him back in the shirt.
I’d love to see him tearing it up, I’d suggest championship scouts possibly saw him as a low risk option. He was out of contract if I recall, and we weren’t in a financially great position.

there’s obviously the chance he’d kick on, but player-wise, we’ve kicked on whilst his career has unfortunately stalled.

id be happy to put him on a pay as you play deal next season, but I can’t see him being anything more than someone to run at defences in the last 15

Paxman II

Jones is very young and there are many examples of players injuries like his, twice over, and then finally being fit longer term. Clubs stick by young and talented players, as when fit the guy will be a huge asset. He will be just as tenacious and I see no reason he would lose any pace. Got to wait and see. But I expect a full recovery and maybe a subs apperance before the season ends when we are safe.

better days

If Jones comes back with the same pace and ability he showed before his initial injury, he will be an asset. He was on the verge to moving to championship Leeds before that injury.

He is rapid, he can run at people and he has a great finish on him.

He is a winger/attacking midfielder/support striker - he wouldn't be competing against Kelly, Hamer, Sheaf or James. It would be O'Hare, shipley, Allen, kasteneer, jobello and Bapaga. He's ability and pace would put him ahead of most of that list. I would rather look at the bench and see a fit Jones than a few on that list.

The if he comes back fit, with the same pace and ability is a big if though. If he doesnt or loses a yard of pace then that's another matter.

I'd certainly give him another year to see if he can get over his injury. If we don't, another team will certainly pick him up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I suspect the manager agrees with these sentiments
We'll soon see if the lad is offered a contract extension
Robins' judgement has mostly been ok up to now

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Jones is very young and there are many examples of players injuries like his, twice over, and then finally being fit longer term. Clubs stick by young and talented players, as when fit the guy will be a huge asset. He will be just as tenacious and I see no reason he would lose any pace. Got to wait and see. But I expect a full recovery and maybe a subs apperance before the season ends when we are safe.

He's 23. Still young but not really young, especially for a player of his style. He's a month younger than Mason and Shipley and 4 months younger than Hamer.

Users who are viewing this thread