Injury Updates (2 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

bUt OuR iNjUriEs ArEn'T tHaT bAd!!! 🙄

Don't think anyone has said that have they?

If anything, it's been the other way round.

Our luck with injuries has been horrendous....key player after key player after key player. If we stay up this season, it'll have been a miraculous effort considering the injuries to Jones, Marosi, Kelly, Godden, Walker and now Dabo amongst others.

Frostie

Our luck with injuries has been horrendous....key player after key player after key player. If we stay up this season, it'll have been a miraculous effort considering the injuries to Jones, Marosi, Kelly, Godden, Walker and now Dabo amongst others.

I'm with you but unbelievably yes, some do think that...

PVA

Knew it was a bad one as soon as it happened.

I guess that's the end of the wing back formation for the foreseeable...

Magwitch

But in a way the ball is in our owner’s court she could give Robins the nod to bring another in, Camp has gone so there’s a gap there for a wage.

Gibbo

Jones is not a key player.

Frostie

But in a way the ball is in our owner’s court she could give Robins the nod to bring another in, Camp has gone so there’s a gap there for a wage.

We were never going to extend Camp's deal so I'm sure that was factored in to January's budget already.
Dacosta needs to prove his worth, it's what he was signed for.

Paul Anthony

It was never just going to be a few weeks out, was it? We're just not that lucky.

Hertsccfc

Doubtful he’s nowhere near O’Hare, Hamer, sheaf, James, or Kelly in terms of ability and that’s our main midfield players.

questionable as to whether he’s as good as Shipley or Allen. Impact sub at best
It's entirely a matter of opinion and impossible to prove but in my view a fit Jodi Jones would be well ahead of Shipley and Allen, and I suspect he would be a certain starter in this team. Jones and O'Hare together would be a great combination in those forward midfield positions. Jones would also add goals.

I know he hasn't played at this level but based on the ability he has shown I think he would be a real asset in the Championship.

better days

It's entirely a matter of opinion and impossible to prove but in my view a fit Jodi Jones would be well ahead of Shipley and Allen, and I suspect he would be a certain starter in this team. Jones and O'Hare together would be a great combination in those forward midfield positions. Jones would also add goals.

I know he hasn't played at this level but based on the ability he has shown I think he would be a real asset in the Championship.
Fans have their own opinions but in the end the only one that counts is the manager's

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We've no idea how his ability would translate to the Championship. He's exciting and pushes forward, but would he end up being dispossessed a lot by defenders with more nous in a higher league?

He'd be useful to have a look at alongside or as a swap for O'Hare but we can't say for sure who that would translate in performances. He's played mainly as a winger cutting in so playing more centrally is a slightly different role. One I think he could easily adjust to and could provide goals from AM but you can't be sure until you've seen it.

Same with being ahead of Shipley and Allen. You may well be correct bt we can't know because we've not seen it. Both Shipley and Allen looked decent enough in L1 but have found the step up a challenge (althouogh Allen has put in a few decent performances recently. They're also much different players and would have more expected of them defensively than a flair player like jones would, esp by the fans.

With luck he'll recover from his injury, would accept a pay-as-you-play deal for 6 months with a promise of another contract if he plays x amount of matches, get a good pre-season in and we'll be able to see just how capable he is next season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

SBT has finally gone completely crazy! I actually quite like Kast but he's clearly a maverick.

giphy.gif

Hertsccfc

We've no idea how his ability would translate to the Championship. He's exciting and pushes forward, but would he end up being dispossessed a lot by defenders with more nous in a higher league?

He'd be useful to have a look at alongside or as a swap for O'Hare but we can't say for sure who that would translate in performances. He's played mainly as a winger cutting in so playing more centrally is a slightly different role. One I think he could easily adjust to and could provide goals from AM but you can't be sure until you've seen it.

Same with being ahead of Shipley and Allen. You may well be correct bt we can't know because we've not seen it. Both Shipley and Allen looked decent enough in L1 but have found the step up a challenge (althouogh Allen has put in a few decent performances recently. They're also much different players and would have more expected of them defensively than a flair player like jones would, esp by the fans.

With luck he'll recover from his injury, would accept a pay-as-you-play deal for 6 months with a promise of another contract if he plays x amount of matches, get a good pre-season in and we'll be able to see just how capable he is next season.
All fair points

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Someone's going to suggest Kastaneer would be better than Jones next.

Looking solely at their playing history (level played etc) he should be really. He should be a big player for us even at this level but for some reason can't apply.

One thing is stopping Kasta being a decent player, and that's Kasta.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Absolute uninformed nonsense.
how is it uninformed? There is. No evidence that shows Jones can perform at a higher level than League 2.

he wouldn’t get ahead of O’Hare, and both Shipley and Allen have performed at league one level, Allen has performed at Championship level for Burton, hence the shock at him joining us.

whilst he was younger Jones was not a stand out in league one. His career has stalled over the last 3 years due to injuries. It’s not likely he’ll ever recover to the level he was at, and at best that was top end league 2

Brighton Sky Blue

how is it uninformed? There is. No evidence that shows Jones can perform at a higher level than League 2.

he wouldn’t get ahead of O’Hare, and both Shipley and Allen have performed at league one level, Allen has performed at Championship level for Burton, hence the shock at him joining us.

whilst he was younger Jones was not a stand out in league one. His career has stalled over the last 3 years due to injuries. It’s not likely he’ll ever recover to the level he was at, and at best that was top end league 2

There isn't evidence that Kasta can either, at least in this country

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

There isn't evidence that Kasta can either, at least in this country
I never said Kastaneer. My point was he’s a midfielder. The key ones: Kelly, sheaf, Hamer, James and his direct competition - O’Hare. He’s leagues away from them.

after them, it’s Shipley and Allen. I don’t think Jones will be as useful as them. He’s in the same bracket as Jobello

Users who are viewing this thread