Injury thread 2020-2021 (3 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I broke a finger nail last night. Does that count as an injury?

SkyBlueSam01

Dacosta apparently landed awkwardly and heard something snap
Not sure if it's an ACL but bad luck for the lad
The other injuries are part of the fallout from high intensity preseason training and are to be expected really after so big a break from playing
Don't think any of them are too serious

Falling awkwardly and hearing a snap could be a few things depending on the mechanism but Id say pretty likely to be an an ACL if scans have confirmed ligament implication...

Horrible second post but as it stands we have the following:

Kelly - calf. Not sure how long but hopefully back for Peterborough game.
Jones - torn glute (ouch) - max 2 weeks.
Marosi - shoulder. No time frame but hopefully fit for first game.
Pask - ankle injury. Worry as he suffered broke ankle last season - only a niggle apparently.
Dacosta - ligament damage, severe and club not putting time frame on it. Suggests out until at least Xmas.

Interesting that Xmas has been mentioned though as usual ACL rehab time is 9-12 months + a while in the U23s before full return to play...

Last edited:

SkyblueTexan

Such a long injury list does not bode well with the season just under 3 weeks away. Hope for a speedy recovery for all and for new signings to come through the door asap.

SkyBlueSam01

Im expecting most clubs to have big injury problems this year - if not already then a few weeks into the season. Periodisation has been all over the place due to covid and you can always expect plenty of muscle and tendon problems cropping up when play returns without the gradual stepping up of training intensity over a proper pre-season

Samo

Falling awkwardly and hearing a snap could be a few things depending on the mechanism but Id say very likely to be an an ACL if scans have confirmed ligament implication...

Yes I fell awkwardly and heard a snap... it was a floorboard.

Grendel

We are effectively trying to get Championship level players on League 1 wages, it’s easier said than done. That’s why we’ve seen low level punts like Hilssner and Da Costa

Those two on the face of it are pretty odd signings even if we were in league 1

cc84cov

Didn't you post this last week ..... and the week before that ...... and the week before that ..... and the week before that?
Yep as fuck all has changed we still need players

Have you seen a striker come in yet or a proper right back or cover at cdm ?

SlowerThanPlatt

I would say the most worrying part is Robins has said lockdown took a lot of out of the players and we’re still weeks away from match fitness

larry_david

So

jones
jones
jobello
allasani
andreu
biamou
dacosta
bartlett
Out of these though Jobello had already done it twice. Max once, dacosta once, Jones first time with us then again, andreu once and allasani once.

Basically it's a fucker and if it happens once looks like you're prone

cc84cov

Out of these though Jobello had already done it twice. Max once, dacosta once, Jones first time with us then again, andreu once and allasani once.

I would like to think the club done homework on this stuff keeps happening tho

larry_david

It's a weird situation, everyone said we'd have an advantage because championship clubs played 10 games in about 3 weeks, then a month off then back into it again where as we were rested.

Who's to say our advantage kicks in later in the year when by Nov teams are fucked and we are hitting our stride. We just have to manage players and see what happens. Dacosta landing funny can't be helped, happened to me playing 6 aside and my knees been fucked since (still play though just can't bend down on my left - should prob get it scanned)

Niggles that kelly and pask have hopefully will be resolved in a week or 2 but obviously means they are then a week behind schedule

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

These injuries will be happening at other clubs - we just don't scan their news feeds to know about them, and only tend to hear about it if it is either a well known player, or a very bad injury.

Indeed. The papers etc doing previews of games Sat morning and the amount of times you'd see "Coventry have a fully-fit squad to chose from" yet you knew we had about half a dozen out injured and a fair few carrying knocks but playing. And that was from journalists whose job it was to find this stuff out.

better days

If the club are hoping Dacosta could be back by Christmas it probably isn't an ACL
It could be an MCL which also gives a popping sound when it goes
It's a serious injury but not as bad as an ACL and has a much shorter recovery time
ACLs are getting more and more common
I'd estimate there is at least one a week on average in pro football over the season
Often they are sustained when the player lands awkwardly and not in a challenge
Bradley Dack at Blackburn and Bellerin at Arsenal are good examples
I was watching both games and knew the poor guys had almost certainly done their ACL the minute they went down
There is a theory that modern boots may be part of the reason that have become so common but no one really knows

SkyBlueSam01

If the club are hoping Dacosta could be back by Christmas it probably isn't an ACL
It could be an MCL which also gives a popping sound when it goes
It's a serious injury but not as bad as an ACL and has a much shorter recovery time
ACLs are getting more and more common
I'd estimate there is at least one a week on average in pro football over the season
Often they are sustained when the player lands awkwardly and not in a challenge
Bradley Dack at Blackburn and Bellerin at Arsenal are good examples
I was watching both games and knew the poor guys had almost certainly done their ACL the minute they went down
There is a theory that modern boots may be part of the reason that have become so common but no one really knows

The time-frame mentioned tallies with MCL but its fairly rare to injure it in isolation due to an awkward fall... It usually happens in combination with ACL and meniscus during an awkward fall or as a result of impact to the outside of the knee

larry_david

So Dabo back in full training. Also spotted Kelly, Jones (not the singer), jobello was running with the squad and if my eyes weren't deceiving me Rose as well. Oh and Marosi! Injury crisis over!!!!

larry_david

In a nutshell.

Dacosta Nov
Rose no date but looks like October
Dabo the same
Hilsner getting treatment so should start running better now.
Jobello training end of Sept. First team I'd imagine a few months later tbh

Skybluebeliever

I think rose and Dabo could be looking to get some game time in the next week , Hilßner just needs to adapt to our game , jobello this is his 2nd acl remember so can’t afford to get it wrong

Sky Blue Harry H

I think rose and Dabo could be looking to get some game time in the next week , Hilßner just needs to adapt to our game , jobello this is his 2nd acl remember so can’t afford to get it wrong

Breathing issue for our German friend ?

Thought Dabo and Rose still had a bit to go according to MR?

larry_david

Michael Rose is nearly there. Huge boost!

“I wanted to try and get Michael on, but I just thought that it was too much, we’re playing a game on Tuesday and hopefully we can get the minutes into him that way and see where he’s at, he’s not too far away, his fitness levels will be a bit away.

“You can’t have too many good players, I was tempted to use him, I was tempted to put him on, but I wanted to have two strikers and I couldn’t do that straightaway because of the way that they were playing, it would have killed us.

“It was too much for Rosey, because I wanted another one upfront, I had to sacrifice that, but my first thought was to get Rosey on, clearly it was a big ask and it wouldn’t be fair on him.

“I think it was as important to get two strikers on and take the game to them and after an hour it felt like the right time to do that, they’d started to die away a little bit, we’d seen off their threat.

shmmeee

Weird that last we heard Dabo would be back first yet Rose seems to have beaten him to it.

Users who are viewing this thread