Injuries (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Gotta say I'm pretty miffed at MR comments. He keeps bleating on about the amount of games we are playing but we've played two less than everyone else.

It's only up until last week that he's started using his bloody subs as well. It's infuriating. Shock horror he doesn't use his squad well and they get injured. Who knew

Offhegoes

I think we've been slightly lucky with the actual players that have got injured. We have strikers to cover Godden & Waghorn (Tavarres & Walker) and Kane and Eccles can cover Dabo. If we lost Fadz or Bidwell we would be really f*cked.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Gotta say I'm pretty miffed at MR comments. He keeps bleating on about the amount of games we are playing but we've played two less than everyone else.

It's only up until last week that he's started using his bloody subs as well. It's infuriating. Shock horror he doesn't use his squad well and they get injured. Who knew
You do wonder that if MR could have swallowed his pride and given Kane more minutes replacing Dabo in previous matches whether Dabo would be injured. So many people were commenting about how he seemed to be struggling, which was the warning sign that his body was close to breaking point,

Brighton Sky Blue

You do wonder that if MR could have swallowed his pride and given Kane more minutes replacing Dabo in previous matches whether Dabo would be injured. So many people were commenting about how he seemed to be struggling, which was the warning sign that his body was close to breaking point,

He’s acting like Kane is the English Josh Reid and that it’ll be a disaster if he ever comes on. Like that Cup game where Dabo was clearly injured but he refused to take him off and ended up with the player out for even longer.

On Tuesday it cost us a goal and a player

larry_david

MR has a few flaws and this is one of them. Moaning about injuries and fatigue but refusing to use his squad. Whatever has happened with TK, he's back training with the first team so in my opinion he's available for selection, bloody use him and stop being so ignorant to it.

IN a weird way, he did the same with Kelly when he'd pulled his groin away at Wycombe and made him stay on for the first half (yes he scored a header) but he was out for 3 months because of it.

Dabo in the cup game last season.

Godden did his ankle in against Sheff Utd and played about 35 minutes. it's absolute lunacy!!!

Matt smith

We’ve got 5 games to get through

Hopefully Walker and waggy are back soon

If we get a good result Saturday I hate to say it against Blackburn or Watford i would almost be tempted to make wholesale changes where possible and field a weakened side against Blackburn/Watford , similar to which MR did against Blackburn a couple years ago when he benched o hare and Gus

So our best players are fresh for Wigan

AOM

Waghorn (hamstring) and Dabo (quad) out for 'longer than weeks', ffs

Walker training again

Colin Steins Smile

MR has a few flaws and this is one of them. Moaning about injuries and fatigue but refusing to use his squad. Whatever has happened with TK, he's back training with the first team so in my opinion he's available for selection, bloody use him and stop being so ignorant to it.

IN a weird way, he did the same with Kelly when he'd pulled his groin away at Wycombe and made him stay on for the first half (yes he scored a header) but he was out for 3 months because of it.

Dabo in the cup game last season.

Godden did his ankle in against Sheff Utd and played about 35 minutes. it's absolute lunacy!!!
Is some of MR's decisions based on funding for players? Players contracts will have appearances clauses and if a player gets and additional £1k for stepping onto the pitch as a sub ....that can add up over a season.
MR is not only having to make performance decisions, but is also having to make resource ones.

Nick

Administrator
Is some of MR's decisions based on funding for players? Players contracts will have appearances clauses and if a player gets and additional £1k for stepping onto the pitch as a sub ....that can add up over a season.
MR is not only having to make performance decisions, but is also having to make resource ones.

Not sure that would be the case.

ie playing Dabo when injured when there are other options.

Again, playing an injured player has led to them being out for longer.

Why aren't Kane and Burroughs playing week in / week out for the U21's to be as fresh as possible in case they are needed? We have been shit at player rotation for years.

Skybluedownunder

Not sure that would be the case.

ie playing Dabo when injured when there are other options.

Again, playing an injured player has led to them being out for longer.

Why aren't Kane and Burroughs playing week in / week out for the U21's to be as fresh as possible in case they are needed? We have been shit at player rotation for years.

Robins lineups each week are so predictable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Are emergency loans available? I remember Barcelona loaning in Braithwaite due to an injury crisis in attack. Also we had Stockdale when we had a goalkeeper crisis, but is the rule different for keepers and outfield players?

Briles

........ bump......

Briles

Was there any news on hamers injury?

Haven't seen anything but some players were throwing up at half time apparently

slowpoke

It certainly slowed Hamer and consequently us up just after half-time too so probably discussed in the dressing room.

larry_david

Dabo out 6-8 weeks, same for Waghorn

Bare in mind Dabo was supposedly injured and MR still picked him, that's a poor move

Sky Blue Harry H

If Dabo/Waghorn out for 6/8 weeks, at least the WC will use up a good chunk of that.

Hobo

Kelly and Godden are almost always out injured. Waghorne not far behind and Dabo is turning into Reda Johnson MK2.

So almost everyone who is capable of being fit, is fit or not far off.

Looking at it like that makes me feel better. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread