Injuries (1 Viewer)

Briles

With the games coming thick and fast before the WC, we have godden out, dabo out, Kelly out, sheaf potentially out, waghorn out. We are a bidwell injury or suspension for having no LB and a gyok injury away from having walker (who's on his way back from injury) as our only experienced striker.

Who do you think could step up from the youth? I'm worried our only other true LB is reid who can't get on the bench. I know howley and tavares are on the cusp, but anyone else you'd want to see fill a gap?

Otis

With the games coming thick and fast before the WC, we have godden out, dabo out, Kelly out, sheaf potentially out, waghorn out. We are a bidwell injury or suspension for having no LB and a gyok injury away from having walker (who's on his way back from injury) as our only experienced striker.

Who do you think could step up from the youth? I'm worried our only other true LB is reid who can't get on the bench. I know howley and tavares are on the cusp, but anyone else you'd want to see fill a gap?
Doyle can play left back.

South West Sky Blue

Think it’s time to bury the hatchet with Kane regardless.
Agree. Don’t think we’ve got a choice. That’s why he brought Kane on today 15 or so mins from the end. Robins has clearly tried to prioritise Eccles over Kane, but now the squad needs both. He needed to get some mins under Kane.
Fair play to Kane though. At Stoke, he played a few mins (more than he has all season) and was one of the first and longest to stay in front of the SBA applauding. Not something I’d normally acknowledge, but got someone who’s been alleged to have a bad attitude previously- I looked out for it.

Briles

What is it 5 games left till WC? Think we can get through with a strong 11 till then.

World cup timing may work out for us

Yeah defo. Just wondering if anyone else is knocking on the door in the u21s. What happened to bapaga?

pusbccfc

What is it 5 games left till WC? Think we can get through with a strong 11 till then.

World cup timing may work out for us

Was about to say this. Its not the worst time to get injuries as they may be back after the WC.

Paul Anthony

We always seem to go all in with our injuries. It's either one or two key players out with something that takes a while, rather than just a knock, or we end up having multiple players from the same position out injured.

Briles

Agree. Don’t think we’ve got a choice. That’s why he brought Kane on today 15 or so mins from the end. Robins has clearly tried to prioritise Eccles over Kane, but now the squad needs both. He needed to get some mins under Kane.
Fair play to Kane though. At Stoke, he played a few mins (more than he has all season) and was one of the first and longest to stay in front of the SBA applauding. Not something I’d normally acknowledge, but got someone who’s been alleged to have a bad attitude previously- I looked out for it.

Dressing rooms always seemed tight. Couldn't see him being ostracised by the players so maybe that's kept him positive whilst Robins proves his point. But Robins is stubborn as fuck. Bomb squad is the bomb squad. And he publicly said kane would be going. I hope he can swallow his pride and reward kane (if deserved)

Briles

We always seem to go all in with our injuries. It's either one or two key players out with something that takes a while, rather than just a knock, or we end up having multiple players from the same position out injured.

We got about 5 acl Injuries in 2 years

slowpoke

Fingers crossed our injuries aren’t to our major players even Dabo is covered. But we are about on our limit and I think we have three players on four yellows so as I said fingers crossed.

Briles

Fucking hell. Dabo was already injured going into tonight. Why the fuck did Kane not play? (I know the answer, but still)

Never been right since his hip lay off. Wonder if he's on Injections?

Esoterica

It's a pity that Godden got injured but if we go back to the box with Palmer and O'Hare behind Gyo, with Allen as a back up, the first XI is still really strong. More worried about Fadz 4 yellows than I am the injuries!

Brighton Sky Blue

It's a pity that Godden got injured but if we go back to the box with Palmer and O'Hare behind Gyo, with Allen as a back up, the first XI is still really strong. More worried about Fadz 4 yellows than I am the injuries!

Energy levels will be pretty drained though. Annoying that we're playing these rearranged games when players will be dead on their feet in winter rather than getting sharp in August but it is what it is.

PVA

Has there actually been a falling out with Kane?

There was all those stupid rumours about him shagging another players wife etc and Robins rubbished the notion of anything like that.

We were quite clearly open to offers for him, if not actively trying to sell him, and there were more rumours of a fallout early season but it turned out he was just injured.

If there was a falling out then he wouldn't feature at all. Seems to me he's just dropped down the pecking order.

jordan210

So injury wise currently

Dabo
Godden
Kelly
Waghorn
Walker ?

So that leaves us with 2 strikers left.

Lucky for midfield we have some cover.

At this rate can we recall Dacosta, Who appears to be struggling to get game time at Shrewsbury.

Users who are viewing this thread