Indemnity question (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2526
  • Start date

Astute

I went to the Ricoh yesterday on free tickets, the official attendance was around 9000 our party of 4 thought the actual was nearer 7. Just wondering what their break even figure is, they can't be doing that well if the gates aren't massive. Most of the advertising round the ground wasn't local either. They surely can't be operating just on the goodwill of their owner?
There was only 3 others in the ground? At least it shows most if us wouldn't go whatever.

pastythegreat

What are you trying to say ?
Hes trying to say that you work Saturdays so cant attend CCFC games, but can book the saturday off work to attend a w**ps game, then tell everyone on a CCFC forum that you attended said w**ps game and then get the hump when you're (rightly) called out for it.
Can you see how this is going against you?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
What are you trying to say ?

The pattern is that you will find people who will go to watch Wasps generally won't go to St Andrews and will be more Anti SISU than others and see it as some sort of getting one over on them.

My original point was that you have hardly mentioned CCFC on here during an amazing season (so far) yet jump on to tell us about Wasps. ;)

We played on Sunday last week and have played a fair few midweek games.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Hes trying to say that you work Saturdays so cant attend CCFC games, but can book the saturday off work to attend a w**ps game, then tell everyone on a CCFC forum that you attended said w**ps game and then get the hump when you're (rightly) called out for it.
Can you see how this is going against you?

Not getting the hump and once again you are making assumptions. I took the day off to celebrate a mates birthday, he chose the location not me. Like I said this thread is turning into an echo chamber, your view is you can't support the city if you've been to a Waps game. I am not a Wasps fan and never will be.

Liquid Gold

Not getting the hump and once again you are making assumptions. I took the day off to celebrate a mates birthday, he chose the location not me. Like I said this thread is turning into an echo chamber, your view is you can't support the city if you've been to a Waps game. I am not a Wasps fan and never will be.
You can't support the city if you're not supporting the city, you're supporting the people locking us out of our city you fucking loon.

Nick

Administrator

I bet plenty support both, you aren't supporting the city are you?

Celebrating a birthday and you only had a hot dog? Should have sacked it off anyway and told your mate to sort his life out.

Senior Vick from Alicante

The pattern is that you will find people who will go to watch Wasps generally won't go to St Andrews and will be more Anti SISU than others and see it as some sort of getting one over on them.

My original point was that you have hardly mentioned CCFC on here during an amazing season (so far) yet jump on to tell us about Wasps. ;)

We played on Sunday last week and have played a fair few midweek games.
Nick I don't comment that often because I generally only catch the highlights. In my line of work you get alternative Sundays off and a day in the week. My point was not to wind people up over Wasps but to comment on the fact that one would think they are struggling with their attendances. I am more anti council and Wasps than Sisu, they are not the ones who forced us to leave Cov. I love what the city are doing but find it hard to attend games even at the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
Nick I don't comment that often because I generally only catch the highlights. In my line of work you get alternative Sundays off and a day in the week. My point was not to wind people up over Wasps but to comment on the fact that one would think they are struggling with their attendances. I am more anti council and Wasps than Sisu, they are not the ones who forced us to leave Cov. I love what the city are doing but find it hard to attend games even at the Ricoh.

We know they are struggling....

I am just pointing out you have been to watch Wasps more this season than CCFC. It's a free country, I'm not insulting you I am just pointing that out which is a bit random.

Of course people work, to book a day off to go and have a hot dog at Wasps to celebrate a birthday is a bit of a shit one though ;)

Liquid Gold

That's bollocks.
In what way are you supporting the club? Financially? Vocally? No, you work on game days.

By attending a Wasps games you're supporting their right to exist in Coventry, by purchasing something while there you're supporting them financially.

I hate to tell you mate, you may be a Coventry City fan but you're a Wasps supporter.

Astute

Mate. I havent seen an ugly woman in the last 25 years....
But she isn't :D

Should have said has she seen you :smuggrin:

She likes her men taller than herself. So you need to be 6' or taller. 6 hours facial hair? No chance. You must be toned in certain areas. Dark hair, full head of it. Listen to her total ranting.That is just a part of her list. Does me fookin head in. You are welcome to her if you fit the bill.

The Great Eastern

But she isn't :D

Should have said has she seen you :smuggrin:

She likes her men taller than herself. So you need to be 6' or taller. 6 hours facial hair? No chance. You must be toned in certain areas. Dark hair, full head of it. Listen to her total ranting.That is just a part of her list. Does me fookin head in. You are welcome to her if you fit the bill.
I fail on most of those items so I have to tread quietly away with my tail between my legs ! I'm sure there's some young studs on here who will be looking for a free beer and to help you out in your hour of need !

shmmeee

Question for all the “you can’t be a City fan” types: did you feel the same about those who went to Sixfields?

It was accepted then that Sisu were the ones keeping us away and the exact same argument was made about supporting the people keeping City out of Cov. You can’t now turn around and use it against fellow fans who happen to go to Wasps.

No fan is to blame. At most two people are directly to blame and have it in their power to change things and the rest are doing their best according to their conscience or in non-fan cases their job description. Shouting at other City fans will do nothing to get us home quicker. All it will mean is the club eventually returns to a fractured fan base.

Nick

Administrator
Question for all the “you can’t be a City fan” types: did you feel the same about those who went to Sixfields?

It was accepted then that Sisu were the ones keeping us away and the exact same argument was made about supporting the people keeping City out of Cov. You can’t now turn around and use it against fellow fans who happen to go to Wasps.

No fan is to blame. At most two people are directly to blame and have it in their power to change things and the rest are doing their best according to their conscience or in non-fan cases their job description. Shouting at other City fans will do nothing to get us home quicker. All it will mean is the club eventually returns to a fractured fan base.

I am not too sure your comparison works?

I don't think he is being blamed personally for everything going on but when a city fan has been to more wasps games than CCFC in a season it's a bit strange ;)

shmmeee

I am not too sure your comparison works?

I don't think he is being blamed personally for everything going on but when a city fan has been to more wasps games than CCFC in a season it's a bit strange ;)

I don’t find anyone’s choice of entertainment strange as long as everyone is legal and consenting TBH.

I just think lynching fans for fairly innocuous threads because they went to a Wasps game isn’t very productive.

rhino1002

I don't think the Northampton and St Andrews situations are comparable
i didn't go to Northampton as i disagreed with SISU taking us away to try and distress ACL. They always had the power to bring us home
This time we have been thrown out of Coventry by wasps and unless SISU sign that indemnity (which they would be crazy to do) then its only wasps who can get us back into the city. I have been to every "home " game this season but didn't go once to Northampton. My thoughts are that all Coventry supporters should support the club and the team (not necessarily SISU ) and go to STANS
i come from the point of view that i love CCFC far more than i hate wasps SISU and the council
i would love to see the back of SISU but boycotting our "Home" games is not going to get rid of them

lets support the team

Last edited:

shmmeee

I don't think the Northampton and St Andrews situation are comparable
i didn't go to Northampton as i disagreed with SISU taking us away to try and distress ACL. They always had the power to bring us home
This time we have been thrown out of Coventry by wasps and unless SISU sign that indemnity (which they would be crazy to do) then its only wasps who can get us back into the city. I have been to every "home " game this season but didn't go once to Northampton. My thoughts are that all Coventry supporters should support the club and the team (not necessarily SISU ) and go to STANS
i come from the point of view that i love CCFC far more than i hate wasps SISU and the council
i would love to see the back of SISU but boycotting our "Home" games is not going to get rid of them

lets support the team

I think you’ve missed my point. I blamed Sisu last time because it was up to them when we came home. I even supported a boycott to try and pressure them. But I didn’t support calling fans who went scabs.

This time I blame Wasps. It is in their power to bring us back. I support a boycott to try and pressure them (I’ve been boycotting them my entire life). But I don’t support telling City fans who go to a Wasps game for whatever reason “not a City supporter”.

rhino1002

I think you’ve missed my point. I blamed Sisu last time because it was up to them when we came home. I even supported a boycott to try and pressure them. But I didn’t support calling fans who went scabs.

This time I blame Wasps. It is in their power to bring us back. I support a boycott to try and pressure them (I’ve been boycotting them my entire life). But I don’t support telling City fans who go to a game for whatever reason “not a City supporter”.
How will a boycott pressurise Wasps they don't give a damn about CCFC

shmmeee

How will a boycott pressurise Wasps they don't give a damn about CCFC

I haven’t said it would. Just that I can support those who wish to do one. Be it for moral reasons or a belief it will pressure them. I don’t have such a choice to make as I’ve never supported Wasps or indeed given a shit about rugby, so can have no position on it. I simply understand why some would want to. You’ll have to ask them why they think it’ll work.

Nick

Administrator
I haven’t said it would. Just that I can support those who wish to do one. Be it for moral reasons or a belief it will pressure them. I don’t have such a choice to make as I’ve never supported Wasps or indeed given a shit about rugby, so can have no position on it. I simply understand why some would want to. You’ll have to ask them why they think it’ll work.

Which makes it stranger that a CCFC fan who doesn't support Wasps has seen more Wasps games than CCFC games?

I'm not insulting him, just don't get it.

rhino1002

i suspect we are talking at cross purposes here
i don't give a damn about wasps and although i have been i wouldn't go whilst they take this attitude to CCFC
i d rather wasps went back to London where they came from
Boycotting our "home" games will serve no purpose only to cause more financial distress to the football club (not to SISU)

but we all have our own views and are unlikely to change anyone else view

PUSB

shmmeee

i suspect we are talking at cross purposes here
i don't give a damn about wasps and although i have been i wouldn't go whilst they take this attitude to CCFC
i d rather wasps went back to London where they came from
Boycotting our "home" games will serve no purpose only to cause more financial distress to the football club (not to SISU)

but we all have our own views and are unlikely to change anyone else view

PUSB

Yeah I think we are. I’m not on about City games at all.

pastythegreat

This time I blame Wasps. It is in their power to bring us back. I support a boycott to try and pressure them (I’ve been boycotting them my entire life). But I don’t support telling City fans who go to a Wasps game for whatever reason “not a City supporter”.
I dont think anyone is saying hes not a CCFC supporter. Just questioning his loyalties/priorities. Hes been to more w**ps matches than CCFC matches this season. Also, his friends choices. He chose to take a group of friends to a w**ps match for his birthday!
Just for context, a group of us are ST holders, for the Sunderland game we bought a box and went on the box for one of the lads Birthdays. For my Birthday last season, we went corporate and had a meal etc. Yet this certain coventrian, takes his mates to a London w**ps game!

Users who are viewing this thread