Incoming - Tom Costello (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

I’ll forgive the lack of fanfare…

Reactions: vow

Offhegoes

Another striker, who joins Walker, Cashman, Tavarres , Waghorn and Harrison Nee as back up to the 2 main men

CDK

If long term this season he starts well pressure builds on walker and waghorn which is a good thing ,think if robins gets an offer for either of the pair they will be on there way.

SBT

If long term this season he starts well pressure builds on walker and waghorn which is a good thing ,think if robins gets an offer for either of the pair they will be on there way.

I think this kid is here to make up the numbers tbh. If we get offers for either Waghorn or Walker then we’ll be getting rid either way.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think this kid is here to make up the numbers tbh. If we get offers for either Waghorn or Walker then we’ll be getting rid either way.
But we've already got Cashman, Tavares and Nee in the U23's. So I think we've got enough numbers.

SBT

But we've already got Cashman, Tavares and Nee in the U23's. So I think we've got enough numbers.

I assume Tavares will be spending most weekends with the first team, if only to fill out the bench. No idea about the other two, but Cashman is already 21 and presumably not long for these parts if he’s not up to first team standard.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

From what i see he was released by Wigan.He wasn't even offered a contract.I know I normally back MR judgement but to give the guy a 2year contract this soon .Would it not have been better to give him a shorter 1 .They could assess him and if he looks good sign him up on a longer 1.I hope MR judgement is spot on otherwise we could have another bit of deadwood .Sorry to be so negative.

SlowerThanPlatt

From what i see he was released by Wigan.He wasn't even offered a contract.I know I normally back MR judgement but to give the guy a 2year contract this soon .Would it not have been better to give him a shorter 1 .They could assess him and if he looks good sign him up on a longer 1.I hope MR judgement is spot on otherwise we could have another bit of deadwood .Sorry to be so negative.
I would think a signing like this falls under the HOR remit not first team manager

WGABSOOS

He is 19 and for the unders. Fans would be screaming if we had him for only a season and he stormed it then he left on a free.

shmmeee

Building up a decent mirror of the first team at U23 level, as others have said if you’re going to develop players they need fertile ground to do that.

Moore/Wilson > Bilson/Tyler
Dabo/Kane > Lusala/J Burroughs
LWB/Bidwell > Reid/??? (Another fringe player?)
LCB/Fadz/Hyam/Rose > Alabi/McGrath/G Burroughs/???
Hamer/Sheaf/Kelly/Eccles > Howley/Rus/Finnegan/????
O’Hare/Palmer/Allen > Bapaga/Cashman/Dinaga
Györkeres/Godden/Waghorn/Walker > Tavares/Costello/Nee

So maybe another 2-3 to come in there?

Hobo

Can't some of our fans get their heads round this:

1. We have to make signings to improve the first team squad.

2. We have to make signings to improve the under 23's and development squad.

There is a budget for both. They are strategies that run in parallel to improve the club overall.

ccfc1234

Building up a decent mirror of the first team at U23 level, as others have said if you’re going to develop players they need fertile ground to do that.

Moore/Wilson > Bilson/Tyler
Dabo/Kane > Lusala/J Burroughs
LWB/Bidwell > Reid/??? (Another fringe player?)
LCB/Fadz/Hyam/Rose > Alabi/McGrath/G Burroughs/???
Hamer/Sheaf/Kelly/Eccles > Howley/Rus/Finnegan/????
O’Hare/Palmer/Allen > Bapaga/Cashman/Dinaga
Györkeres/Godden/Waghorn/Walker > Tavares/Costello/Nee

So maybe another 2-3 to come in there?

It's great to have competition for places at all levels but we don't quite need to mirror the first team as often the u23 squad has first team players getting up to speed after a knock who drop down for game time.
There have been quite a few brought at development level in the last few seasons who have looked no where near the first team and now play in lower and non league. I hope a few of the current crop can make the step up in the next 24 months.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

The better the 23s the better our future, definitely sell on value on all of them as they have time on their side at the moment and the club have decided to have them here

Hobo

Do you not think he has already been training with us? That people involved with the development side have already seen him play? It may even just facilitate people ahead of him to go out on loan to develope further?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

It's great to have competition for places at all levels but we don't quite need to mirror the first team as often the u23 squad has first team players getting up to speed after a knock who drop down for game time.
There have been quite a few brought at development level in the last few seasons who have looked no where near the first team and now play in lower and non league. I hope a few of the current crop can make the step up in the next 24 months.
Most of them were brought from non-league with the odd one plucked out of League 2, whereas we have taken 1 from spurs and 1 from Wigan (newly promoted to championship)

PurpleBin

No worries. Can you offer an apology or at least, some form of explanation for the lack of space after a full stop?

Users who are viewing this thread