Incoming signing - Junior Brown (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Did he play in Shrewsbury’s play off final, to be honest they were bloody rubbish most the game

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

My next target would be central midfield, a player to cover for (and be successor to) Doyle / otherwise cover for Kelly.

I know we've got Maycock, but from what I have seen of him he looks a long way off the standard he needs to get to.

Despite the views of the experts on here, I think the play off games demonstrated the absolute importance of Kelly and Doyle. It'll be even more important next season when you'd imagine teams try and play through midfield a bit more.

Not sure maycock will make it, also have Westbrooke in but agree be good to get another.

Warwickhunt

A bit worrying that he's been out since October with a Cruciate Knee injury... he might be a completely different player compared to what he was like before he was injured
So could Jones and Andreu

Sky Blue Pete

From my Shrewsbury supporting friend

Fantastic mate a real legend . Didn't lose a game before he got injured with knee injury. Our loss deffo your gain .

higgs

We will be in the championship again before we know it boys im actually hopeful that we might be back in the premier league again at some stage and to be honest I had resigned myself to never seeing that day again

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cavan O'Doherty

I think people need to stop getting carried away. By no means do I think we’ll go down, but mid table next year would be a result and something to build on. Teams like Sunderland, Barnsley, Portsmouth, Charlton etc will have much higher budgets than us and it would be foolish to expect us to finish above them. Don’t get me wrong Robins has done an amazing job, but it would be a miracle if we went up again next season. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I think people need to stop getting carried away. Mid table next year would be a result and something to build on. Teams like Sunderland, Barnsley, Portsmouth, Charlton etc will have much higher budgets than us and it would be foolish to expect us to finish above them. Don’t get me wrong Robins has done an amazing job, but it would be a miracle if we went up again next season. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Yep, I dont think we will be relegated but I don't think it is going to be a double promotion. Obviously would love to be wrong but not setting myself up for disappointment.

Gint11

Just read Shrewsbury forum about Brown that they are disappointed he’s gone and shown no loyalty after the club stood by him after a serious knee injury.

Although they wished he stayed, they think its a big risk offering him a 2 year deal when he’s off the back of that injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuxtonSkyBlue

Really becoming another of the stance of wishing to distance myself from the Premier.

Hoping it goes it alone and the Championship is where the true competition is in the future.

Not sure we would enjoy the Premier much at all to be honest.
I agree, work hard to get to the prem and then blow it. A solid championship club and I’ll be happy to take stock.

Mr Panda

I have heard from a reliable source that our assault on Shrewsbury isn't necessarily over. An offer is on the table for another player but he does have offers elsewhere so its not guarenteed.

Nick

Administrator
Also read that they have no manager, assistant manager and their chief exec is away at the minute so may have made it hard for him to speak to anybody anyway.

You would have thought he would we would have given him a medical and if he came on in the final from the bench he is way further forward than Jones in his recovery.

skyblueelephant76

Just read Shrewsbury forum about Brown that they are disappointed he’s gone and shown no loyalty after the club stood by him after a serious knee injury.

Although they wished he stayed, they think its a big risk offering him a 2 year deal when he’s off the back of that injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read that too. He was under contract, they had no choice but to stand by him, not like they did anything they weren't legally obliged to do.

Otis

I think people need to stop getting carried away. By no means do I think we’ll go down, but mid table next year would be a result and something to build on. Teams like Sunderland, Barnsley, Portsmouth, Charlton etc will have much higher budgets than us and it would be foolish to expect us to finish above them. Don’t get me wrong Robins has done an amazing job, but it would be a miracle if we went up again next season. Would love to be proven wrong though.
Errm..... Accrington Stanley?

Not all just about biggest teams and most money etc. and don't forget, we have momentum.

Am expecting a challenge for the top 6. Top 10 will be okay, but I think we may well have a chance of the play off positions.

Don't think anyone is expecting promotion, but do think we can give it a real go.

NorthernWisdom

You would have thought he would we would have given him a medical and if he came on in the final from the bench he is way further forward than Jones in his recovery.
My concern would be however if he loses a little bit of pace, which is helpful for a fullback to have, especially an attacking one.

Hopefully he doesn't, but signing anybody after they come back from a bad injury is a risk. On the plus side, Stokes has previous experience in a team finishing eighth in league 1, so there's cover if he doesn't live up to the hope.

ceetee

One thing that struck me about last season before it even kicked off was how early we were getting transfer business done compared to previous years. That we're carrying on in that same vein can only be a good thing.
You're right of course but last year, by the time the season started some on here had forgotten those signings and complained that we hadn't signed anyone!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Also read that they have no manager, assistant manager and their chief exec is away at the minute so may have made it hard for him to speak to anybody anyway.

New manager is ex Macclesfield John Askew & his assistant is City legend John Filan

Users who are viewing this thread