Incoming signing - Junior Brown (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

Left back is a position we universally agreed needed to be addressed, and Robins has delivered.

Shrewsbury fans are disappointed to see Brown go.

He’s an attacking full back, so perfect balance between him and the more defensively minded Stokes, which allows adaptability depending on the opposition/tactics MR wants to employ.

And overall, we’ve now signed two (three including Westbrooke) exciting players, and we’re only a week into June.

For the second consecutive pre season, it’s an exciting time to be a Coventry fan.

SkyBlueCRJ

Anyone else worried we're seriously lacking height in the team. Surely that is an issue that needs to be addressed from last season as how many times did we get bullied off the park?

Otis

Left back is a position we universally agreed needed to be addressed, and Robins has delivered.

Shrewsbury fans are disappointed to see Brown go.

He’s an attacking full back, so perfect balance between him and the more defensively minded Stokes, which allows adaptability depending on the opposition/tactics MR wants to employ.

And overall, we’ve now signed two (three including Westbrooke) exciting players, and we’re only a week into June.

For the second consecutive pre season, it’s an exciting time to be a Coventry fan.
Yeah, but I'm not happy with two trips to Wembley, two trophies and promotion.

I'm wanting much more.

Last edited:

matesx

Apparently we offered bigger wages than other clubs.

All good

David O'Day

Anyone else worried we're seriously lacking height in the team. Surely that is an issue that needs to be addressed from last season as how many times did we get bullied off the park?

nah we're not playing Lincoln and Notts County next season

PurpleBin

Early bird extended.
Twp trophies in two years.
Promotion.
Best manager we've had in years.
Great club/fans connection. Best in a LONG time.
Early, solid transfer dealings.
Early June and we've sold more ST than last hear.
Strong academy players coming good.
Large Maddison sell on clause likely.

Bit of praise for the board or....

SkyBlueCRJ

not enough to stop us getting promoted

we need to end this obsession with being a pub team just because we are lower league

What on earth are you on about. Having height in the team doesn't automatically equate to a side being a pub team. Every manager from Premier League down to Non-League realises physicality is required in their side.

Nick

Administrator
Early bird extended.
Twp trophies in two years.
Promotion.
Best manager we've had in years.
Great club/fans connection. Best in a LONG time.
Early, solid transfer dealings.
Early June and we've sold more ST than last hear.
Strong academy players coming good.
Large Maddison sell on clause likely.

Bit of praise for the board or....

Don't think the board should take any credit for any of those? It's the people on the ground doing the graft who should be praised from it.

covcity4life

What on earth are you on about. Having height in the team doesn't automatically equate to a side being a pub team. Every manager from Premier League down to Non-League realises physicality is required in their side.
not saying it isnt, but too much is made of it on here, we got promoted without a big fuck off centre forward after all

if we get a strong guy in fair play, but lets hope its because hes got bite in challanege rather than cos hes tall

vincente didnt offer us much physicality after all

Nick

Administrator
Not sure if you're being sarcastic....

SISU putting the money in and bringing the right people in...

I'm not sure if you are taking the piss. I very much doubt Joy has rocked up at Ryton with a wedge of cash for Robins to spend.

The owners aren't the ones who should be getting credit, it's pretty much everybody below them who should be. From the people behind the social media to the people like Boddy and Tynan Scope who are trying to increase revenue and doing events and offers.

Not sure if you are on a wind up?

PurpleBin

I'm not sure if you are taking the piss. I very much doubt Joy has rocked up at Ryton with a wedge of cash for Robins to spend.

The owners aren't the ones who should be getting credit, it's pretty much everybody below them who should be. From the people behind the social media to the people like Boddy and Tynan Scope who are trying to increase revenue and doing events and offers.

Hmm.Definitely not taking the piss Nick...

Peoples wages need paying, transfers authorized and so on. Who employed Boddy?

No load of cash at Ryton but when the staff are employed...who employs them? What does it say on their wage slip?

Nick

Administrator
Hmm.Definitely not taking the piss Nick...

Peoples wages need paying, transfers authorized and so on. Who employed Boddy?

No load of cash at Ryton but when the staff are employed...who employs them? What does it say on their wage slip?

What do you think the money from tickets, wembley trips etc goes on?

Not sure what point you are trying to make? It's the people on the ground day in, day out.

It isn't Joy or Dermot coughing up the cash to cover it all.

Liquid Gold

How does it feel to take years of flack for being a sisu apologist when in fact you're just supporting CCFC but now people are giving undue credit to sisu you're accused on not being fair to them?

PurpleBin

What do you think the money from tickets, wembley trips etc goes on?

Not sure what point you are trying to make? It's the people on the ground day in, day out.

It isn't Joy or Dermot coughing up the cash to cover it all.

But they could just keep all of the money for themselves from the tickets and Wembley and say "fuck you" to all on the ground couldn't they? But they haven't...they've reinvested it. Therefore...credit where it's due.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of "SISU out" when everything is going wrong it's heir fault but when we are on an upturn in fortunes it's nothing to do with them?

You citied Boddy as one of the key factors in this current run...who employed him?

SkyBlueCRJ

not saying it isnt, but too much is made of it on here, we got promoted without a big fuck off centre forward after all

if we get a strong guy in fair play, but lets hope its because hes got bite in challanege rather than cos hes tall

I'm not necessarily saying we need to bring in a lump. But the lack of height in front of our front 4 is a concern, especially in midfield. People seem to have forgotten that League One isn't too dissimilar to that of League Two. Don't forget we had Biamou and JCH, both of whom are 6"1. Biamou was fantastic in the air in some games and JCHs' fleeting signs of strength showed that he could cause defences havoc. Even though it was a questionable rumour, I wouldn't say no to bringing in Matt Crooks from Northampton.

Nick

Administrator
But they could just keep all of the money for themselves from the tickets and Wembley and say "fuck you" to all on the ground couldn't they? But they haven't...they've reinvested it. Therefore...credit where it's due.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of "SISU out" when everything is going wrong it's heir fault but when we are on an upturn in fortunes it's nothing to do with them?

You citied Boddy as one of the key factors in this current run...who employed him?

Fisher would have employed him.

They haven't "reinvested" it as that would money the money going to SISU and them putting it back in.

So we should thank them and give them credit for not trying to shut the club down?

We are working on a self sufficient basis, as long as they aren't needed to spend too much time, effort and money they aren't bothered.

Read my posts, I don't blame SISU for everything and anything. The same as I won't give them credit for everything and anything when we get promoted.

covcity4life

board and people on ground level all play their part. sisu could easily sack boddy and repalce with someone incompetent, they could raise season tickets by 150 quid and annoy fanbase, they could have not got robins in, they could have said no to all his targets, they could have refused to change up recruitment, they could have not truck a long term academy deal etc

now im not saying sisu and the board are amazing all of a sudden but purple is right, they are currently doing a good job(alongside all the staff that implement the changes below them) and thats a great thing for ccfc

Nick

Administrator
board and people on ground level all play their part. sisu could easily sack boddy and repalce with someone incompetent, they could raise season tickets by 150 quid and annoy fanbase, they could have not got robins in, they could have said no to all his targets, they could have refused to change up recruitment, they could have not truck a long term academy deal etc

now im not saying sisu and the board are amazing all of a sudden but purple is right, they are currently doing a good job(alongside all the staff that implement the changes below them) and thats a great thing for ccfc

Why would they sack Boddy?

Don't you think it is people like Boddy who work out the Season Ticket pricing rather than Joy and Dermot at SISU? Don't you think it is people like Richard Stevens who work with the Higgs to get better deals?

It is more like Robins has come in and seemingly taken over a bit of control within CCFC (let's not forget that Mowbray also did this and Venus was his sidekick to it) and along with Boddy and others has started trying to get the best out of CCFC whether it is putting on evening with events or just trying to generate as many fans to come to games as possible. Robins has been driving at that since he came back in and you can see he has driven that into the players who all buy into it.

We have often had people in the same positions getting paid to do the same thing at CCFC but they obviously haven't done anything.

Otis

That's because someone conjured him up out of origami.

covcity4life

Why would they sack Boddy?

Don't you think it is people like Boddy who work out the Season Ticket pricing rather than Joy and Dermot at SISU? Don't you think it is people like Richard Stevens who work with the Higgs to get better deals?

It is more like Robins has come in and seemingly taken over a bit of control within CCFC (let's not forget that Mowbray also did this and Venus was his sidekick to it) and along with Boddy and others has started trying to get the best out of CCFC whether it is putting on evening with events or just trying to generate as many fans to come to games as possible. Robins has been driving at that since he came back in and you can see he has driven that into the players who all buy into i
this what im saying

they could make monumental fuck ups like sacking boddy,but instead right now the big decisions are on point. and this leads to everything below them being right

boddy might set st prices but he has to get the OK first i would imagine, and if he doesnt have to then his numbers will be scrutinised at some point.

they could say robins you stick to managing and nothing else too as an example

i guess its a question of does being run as a self sufficient business mean fisher and joy have no input whatsoever or not. i find it hard to believe that they dont, why turn up to wembley if its just a business being run that you have no interest in?

in any case, all surrounding ccfc are doing well at the minute. whos truly involved or not i am not sure we can confirm on a message board.

Liquid Gold

If you're praising sisu now then you have to praise them for what they've done over the last 5/6 years because making us self sufficient (with player sales) is what's led to where are now. Their strategy hasn't changed at all since we were relegated from the championship.

Nick

Administrator
this what im saying

they could make monumental fuck ups like sacking boddy,but instead right now the big decisions are on point. and this leads to everything below them being right

boddy might set st prices but he has to get the OK first i would imagine, and if he doesnt have to then his numbers will be scrutinised at some point.

they could say robins you stick to managing and nothing else too as an example

i guess its a question of does being run as a self sufficient business mean fisher and joy have no input whatsoever or not. i find it hard to believe that they dont, why turn up to wembley if its just a business being run that you have no interest in?

in any case, all surrounding ccfc are doing well at the minute. whos truly involved or not i am not sure we can confirm on a message board.

Fisher is the chairman so of course he will have input.

It's as if people are saying they should get credit for not going out of their way to ruin CCFC. If they see Boddy and Robins are doing well they will be quite happy with that.

I'm not giving them praise now because people internally have done well, the same as I can see when it is people internally (managers or players) who mess up and don't just shout SISU all the time.

covcity4life

Fisher is the chairman so of course he will have input.

It's as if people are saying they should get credit for not going out of their way to ruin CCFC. If they see Boddy and Robins are doing well they will be quite happy with that.

I'm not giving them praise now because people internally have done well, the same as I can see when it is people internally (managers or players) who mess up and don't just shout SISU all the time.
you use the "its as if" line alot to rubbish peoples posts, i request you dont do that in this case please.

i think everyone here can assure you not giving sisu praise for not being fuck ups, its just nice to see club doing sensible things for once. and its not just a ccfc thing, many many clubs mismanaged so its perhaps not easy to get it right.

so for not taking money out, not selling big players(last season) and for putting right people in charge i will give them some praise yes

same happens all work places

i might complete my work on time, i will get praise of course but so will my manager and his manager etc

Nick

Administrator
you use the "its as if" line alot to rubbish peoples posts, i request you dont do that in this case please.

i think everyone here can assure you not giving sisu praise for not being fuck ups, its just nice to see club doing sensible things for once. and its not just a ccfc thing, many many clubs mismanaged so its perhaps not easy to get it right.

so for not taking money out, not selling big players(last season) and for putting right people in charge i will give them some praise yes

same happens all work places

i might complete my work on time, i will get praise of course but so will my manager and his manager etc

But you are giving them praise for just being "normal"?

covcity4life

But you are giving them praise for just being "normal"?
i simply saying understand where purple is coming from with the happiness of seeing club being run right

recruitment matters for players and also club staff too, put good people in right positions and things get better, some praise not all can be given to the board, learning from mistakes etc

everything is aligned right now so its good for fans to be happy

Magwitch

Sisu had to look at how the club and the policy it had. I believe the problem here isn’t sisu as in Joy Sepalla but the one in situ conducting how the football club was being run that being Tim Fisher never hear from him anymore do we and since he’s disappeared into the shadows things seem different maybe even better

PurpleBin

In any business, football or otherwise the buck stops with the owners of the business...because they own the business the decisions they make will either make, or break the business.

SISU employed Boddy. SISU employed Mark Robins.Yes, operational day to day decisions aren't anything to do with the owners but they take responsibility for the people they employ. In this situation we are in now, with those two members of staff - they got it right. Correct?

I am a senior manager within my business. The directors employed me to run a department within the business (sales) Assuming I do a good job (as I do, if I say so myself) then they can take the credit for that. If I balls it up...then they have to acknowledge they made the wrong choice. In CCFC terms, the second option has been made several times.

You said - "So we should thank them and give them credit for not trying to shut the club down?" Slightly melodramatic. It should be apparent, that a number of decisions they have recently made have been successful. I pointed this out because people are quick to jump on them when it goes wrong but aren't so loud when things are going well.

Users who are viewing this thread