Transfer Rumour Incoming - Dermi Lusala (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Has he played a professional game at all?

Hobo

Nothing wrong with signing young players who we believe to have potential we can develope. Especially when there is a budget specifically for that.

Grendel

Grendel

Yes but with potential to develop more quickly than others.

similar to Rus I guess? Wasn’t he signed from a premier league club?

SlowerThanPlatt

Just for some context and temper expectations, he trained with the Spurs first team in an international break when a lot of their players were away.

From what I can see he never made a squad for them

Briles

Lusala lusala lusala, running down the wiiing

Hobo

Surely it's the Blondie song "Denis"

Dermi, Dermi, like a cat he purrs
Dermi, Dermi, he didn't play for Spurs

Oh, when we sing,, it always feels so nice
And when we win, it seems like paradise
Dermi, Dermi, We're so in love with you

Last edited:

Otis

Oh, when we sing,, it always feels so nice
And when we win, it seems like paradise
Dermi, Dermi, We're so in love with you
Yes, or....

And when he runs, we will win the game
His tight buns, they drive me insane
Dermi, Dermi, we're so in love with you, oh oh.

no_loyalty

Is there any chance Lusala could push for a first team squad place next season? considering he was supposedly classed as a wonder kid at Spurs.

long way home

Tristen Batanwi, Rus and Justin Obikwu are names i would expect to see with the 1st team come preseason. Good experience for them and gove MR an idea on what they need to do to make the step up.

Flying Fokker

The Tottenham support love to sing about players that are one of their own and Lusala, a tenacious and technically polished right-back, certainly has a particular connection, having attended St Ignatius college, which is a stone’s throw from the club’s training ground. The Edmonton boy was at school last season when he was plunged into his debut for the under-18s against Chelsea and, over the summer, he was one of two players from his year group that the club took to the well-regarded Oberndorf under-19 pre-season tournament in Germany. Capped at youth level by England, Lusala previously played for Brentford. David Hytner

October 2020 update He has arguably been Tottenham Under-18s best player this year, alongside Max Robson and Marqes Muir. Started all bar one game in the U18 Premier League and played four of the six Uefa youth league ties.

October 2021 update Badly hit by injury over the last 12 months and has missed a lot of football. Hopes remain high for him.

September 2022 update Suffered another injury-hit season and released upon the expiry of his contract. Signed a two-year deal at Coventry in July.

SlowerThanPlatt

Tristen Batanwi, Rus and Justin Obikwu are names i would expect to see with the 1st team come preseason. Good experience for them and gove MR an idea on what they need to do to make the step up.
Unsure if Obikwu has been retained, afaik he was on a third year scholarship which makes him 19 but hasn’t been announced as signing pro contract

shmmeee

Unsure if Obikwu has been retained, afaik he was on a third year scholarship which makes him 19 but hasn’t been announced as signing pro contract

Its the Telegraph, but they seem to think he’s still here:
73642D1D-C3B8-4DF4-955D-FA7175738647.jpeg

When I looked for my Contracts thread I couldn’t find a definitive answer anywhere so guessed 2024 as he’s here in 21/22 as a scholarship application: https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files...ries/intermediary-transactions-2021-2022.ashx

I assumed that would be the start of a three year scholarship.

ptr

Watched him in the friendly v Stratford last year and he struggled. Not ready for men’s football. Will see how he does in this years friendly.

Terry Gibson's perm

Watched him at Nuneaton and he was one of the worst on the pitch and Nuneaton had some strange trialists playing, when subbed he had a good telling off from the manager as he seemed to be unhappy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread