Important info regarding tickets. (1 Viewer)

Calista

To pillory Greggs for what was obviously a piss-take is an over-reaction. No-one who's been on this forum for more than five minutes expects anything else.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
I get the point, but why should you have to consider the username when the thread is titled in such an apparently serious way?

I can start a thread tomorrow saying there has been a technical problem with tickets issued for blocks X or Y, and you need to delete the original email and wait for a revised one to be sent. And it will be obvious that it’s a wind-up because that couldn’t happen, and anyway the poster is known to always write a load of shit, and it will be absolute comedy gold right?

pipkin73

I just got in from a night out with Derbyskyblue (great night and great to see him again)
I managed to get a ticket from a great person on here (i don't wont to say his name, as i asked late so other people might have wanted one but he let me have it (again thank you so much)).

I got home half pissed and never checked the posters name, i read it and text her straight away at 02:30am when she has to be at work at 7am, she is young and going on her own and already scared about traveling there and back.

I'm all for a joke but for tickets for one of the biggest games in our history give it a rest mate. Time and place.

its a buzzard

I get the point, but why should you have to consider the username when the thread is titled in such an apparently serious way?

I can start a thread tomorrow saying there has been a technical problem with tickets issued for blocks X or Y, and you need to delete the original email and wait for a revised one to be sent. And it will be obvious that it’s a wind-up because that couldn’t happen, and anyway the poster is known to always write a load of shit, and it will be absolute comedy gold right?
I don't think there's much more to add, and we'll have to agree to differ.

Greggs

Yeah a QR code is normally black and white, and that’s the machine-read bit that gains you entry. Congratulations and all that.

But you don’t have a monopoly on brains, and people will justifiably have thought about stuff that never even occurred to you when posting this shit. Like whether there could be coloured elements elsewhere on the printed page as some kind of security check, making it easier to trace the origin of forgeries or duplicates, and making black and white prints unacceptable (I guess that's not the case, but it’s not ludicrous is it?) Or whether colour printers produce black in a different way to mono printers (they often do) and that it might affect the scanners (it shouldn’t). Or if they haven’t yet received their ticket, whether the QR codes are coloured (such things do exist, but the colours don’t matter).

Lots of people are still unfamiliar with stuff like this. It’s not a sign of their stupidity or inferiority, and definitely not a signal to you that it’s OK to take the piss on an occasion like this.

PS this doesn't even affect me.
Hahahahaha what a drip

Greggs

I just got in from a night out with Derbyskyblue (great night and great to see him again)
I managed to get a ticket from a great person on here (i don't wont to say his name, as i asked late so other people might have wanted one but he let me have it (again thank you so much)).

I got home half pissed and never checked the posters name, i read it and text her straight away at 02:30am when she has to be at work at 7am, she is young and going on her own and already scared about traveling there and back.

I'm all for a joke but for tickets for one of the biggest games in our history give it a rest mate. Time and place.
You're a good bloke, who has helped me in the past, but come on mate......

Greggs

No white socks to be allowed with trousers apparently, plan your outfit to avoid any disappointment.

pipkin73

Thanks mate and i enjoy your sense of humor, but messaging someone at 2:30am as i never looked at the posters name ( like i said got in from a night with DerbySkybue --i guess slightly my fault for not looking, i should know better by now) but for such an important thing i think give it a rest. Yes i should have looked but so many new users on here also. She is up at work at 7am and doesn't need a pissed-up me reading your shit wrong uns waking her up before a day working at the hospital.

Never mind, all done now, let's not fall out mate, just a silly disagreement before one massive fucking game. PUSB

jimmyhillsfanclub

UPDATE: Ticket inspectors will be present in the fan zone.

Please ensure you hand your tickets over for inspection prior to stadium entry.

Please note, these inspectors often work alongside the official wallet inspectors. Please respect their authority.

shmmeee

Please note, these inspectors often work alongside the official wallet inspectors. Please respect their authority.

For the women, are the Federal Boobie Inspectors also in attendance?

Greggs

south park thq GIF

Otis

Now you've just gone and scared everyone who doesn't have a wallet. 😱

Calista

I don't think there's much more to add, and we'll have to agree to differ.

Fair enough I overreacted, it was late. But this particular ‘joke’ doesn’t even work on its own terms, and it wasn’t harmless as subsequently proven overnight.

its a buzzard

Fair enough I overreacted, it was late. But this particular ‘joke’ doesn’t even work on its own terms, and it wasn’t harmless as subsequently proven overnight.
OK, but the OP was continuing a theme developed earlier, so wasn't out of the blue. I'm wondering why pipkin felt the need to message someone in the middle of the night -, what on earth could practically be done at that time?

Old Warwickshire lad

To pillory Greggs for what was obviously a piss-take is an over-reaction. No-one who's been on this forum for more than five minutes expects anything else.

Nobody is pillorying him, just a few regulars think he could have left it out this week.
We know there are a lot of nervous people surfing this site for the first time, won’t encourage them to come back.
Must just be fed up with usually being ignored by 90% of the regular posters on here.

its a buzzard

Nobody is pillorying him, just a few regulars think he could have left it out this week.
We know there are a lot of nervous people surfing this site for the first time, won’t encourage them to come back.
Must just be fed up with usually being ignored by 90% of the regular posters on here.

You, for one, called him a pratt. Another referred to him as a clown, and his post was described as "thoughtless shite". And more. That's an attack in anyone's book.
How do you know there are a lot of "nervous people surfing this site for the first time"? And who's been ignoring who?

Greggs

Make sure you get the right printer cartridges in time for Wembley.

Covkid1968#

Make sure you get the right printer cartridges in time for Wembley.
This was a proper evil wind up… you will burn in hell Greggs ….oh and very funny aswell 😂

Users who are viewing this thread