Impact on Local Businesses of CCFC Move to Birmingham (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I’m sisu and so is my wife

it’s really wound them up that we’re doing something.

I love the idea behind this. Even if the forum was owned and controlled by sisu it doesn’t stop any of us coming on and chatting shit about them.

Look - I fucking hate sisu, get out of our club and let someone run it in its best interests.

Doesn’t stop me hating CCC and Wasps too.

playground bullshit that only people as thick as those cunts would ever buy.

MTK

Don’t know how much bigger retail outlets would be willing to share but we always did the spend £50 thing to park in the Tesco car park. Tesco, M&S, Boots, Next depending of if we were food shopping, Xmas or birthday present shopping etc. After the Greggs opened, it was always really busy on match days.

Londonccfcfan

The council make a big loss too, from lost parking ticket revenue from home and away fans parking in permit zone.
Used to see plenty of tickets on cars at Lythalls lane.

mark82

Now, I don't disagree that this argument has merit, but...

It's also the argument for bringing Wasps in in the first place, and for encouraging both teams to work together at the Ricoh long-term. Of course the figures aren't absolute, either - Wasps coming in wouldn't have been a total uplift as they'd have taken some from us rather than it being a both, and us coming back would now take some things from Wasps.

If I were CCC, I'd be arguing that due to the actions of our owners, Wasps were the hedge that were brought in to cover said loss, and that due to the actions of our owners, Wasps are more reliable partners.

Now, I'm by no means saying don't use the argument, but do think about how you'll cover how it'll be used against you. I'd argue the main case you have to make is the potential from a successful football club is far more. Not only that, but in terms of the intangibles (identity and association with the city) CCFC have something there that no other sporting club have.

Yeah, I had though about that, but to be honest I'm not arguing Wasps shouldn't be there. They're missing out on at least 22 game days compared to what they should have irrespective of Wasps.

Somerset Sky Blue

I love the idea behind this. Even if the forum was owned and controlled by sisu it doesn’t stop any of us coming on and chatting shit about them.

Look - I fucking hate sisu, get out of our club and let someone run it in its best interests.

I haven't received my salary from Sisu this month....better have it soon or I'll sing Sisu out!

shmmeee

upload_2020-3-4_21-8-35.jpeg

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

mark82

That thread is hilarious. I really don't know if people really believe this stuff or if their just having some sort of weird laugh. I hope it's the latter, because the former is concerning.

Terry Gibson's perm

I hadn’t realised this board was under Sisu control (sounds a bit sinister) I may have to review my membership;)

Nick

Administrator
That thread is hilarious. I really don't know if people really believe this stuff or if their just having some sort of weird laugh. I hope it's the latter, because the former is concerning.
Welcome to my world of these clowns

Grendel

Oh it’s the former I assure you

wingy

You're not kidding mate.
I just looked at the post under yours
And read Terry Gibson Sperm.

robbiekeane

I think it’s important to note that the direct impact to local businesses does not cover the full extent of the impact due to the multiplier effect.

The multiplier effect is why government spending is such a significant input into the economy.
- Spend £1m on a new building.
- £500k of that goes to wages, £500k on materials
- £400k is the wages is then re spent on other local businessses and food and other stuff, the £500k of materials is bought from local businesses who then in turn pay their employees who then in turn spend their salary in local businesses....

Etc etc. so the point is in the same way £1m in govt spending can actually result in £5m in GDP, £50k of match day spending in Coventry could be hundreds of thousands in city GBP.

Would be good to engage someone from Warwick business school for this and other reasons

Liquid Gold

People at work sometimes ask me how much it costs to follow the team from afar, I always mention the cost of a season ticket, an ifollow season pass and a couple of shirts as the base and that shocks them. I think if I added petrol and the money spent on food and booze in I'd suddenly become a lot wealthier. That food and booze money used to be spent in Cov, parking for midweek games too. Now it's all in Brum.

kg82

Hahahaha! That is gold! How thick do you have to be to put something like that up!

skyblueinBaku

Who is this Billingham character? Does he really believe what he wrote in that tweet? Can he prove it?

Grendel

What has Nick (and this forum) done to upset him?

Remove him from the trust board - but he still I’m sure operates for them and their ultimate intentions

Liquid Gold

What has Nick (and this forum) done to upset him?
Proven it’s him running the accounts which deprived him a place on the trust board. He’s still involved but not officially which hurts his ego. His friends in the council were involved in all of the working against the club business so it’s in his and their interest to avoid all sides being held to account.

Users who are viewing this thread