Im sick of all this (1 Viewer)

Otis

Personally I would say American football is the best sport in the world.

10 times the excitement of football. How many really good game of football do we actually get to see? 5-6 games a season? Not many more than that for sure.

With American Football I would say about 70-75% of the matches at least are really entertaining.

Last edited:

Macca

Despite countless attempts to enjoy it I still find American Football about as much fun as applying a cheese grater to my Hampton

Otis

I know people throw that out there as a criticism, but look at all the stop starts in cricket and also in rugby too. Sometimes in the latter it can be almost 2 mins from a penalty being awarded before the kick is actually taken.

I hardly ever see a bad game of American Football. For me it is the ultimate.

wingy

I wonder how much a ticket costs over there to watch a game ,I would imagine its at least half a day out with added entertainment thrown in,Plus a few tins of Duff and a few weenies.:eek:

Astute

I know people throw that out there as a criticism, but look at all the stop starts in cricket and also in rugby too. Sometimes in the latter it can be almost 2 mins from a penalty being awarded before the kick is actually taken.

I hardly ever see a bad game of American Football. For me it is the ultimate.

Go watch it then.

For me it is football all the way. Have played and watched other sports. Boxing comes close. To me other sports are a fair bit behind.

Otis

I do watch it.

Am I not allowed to watch more than one sport then?

Didn't know it was a crime to follow more than one sport.

Last edited:

stupot07

White elephant? Ha ha ha - do you know what the Ricoh does???? It brought the good people of cov £50 million pounds into the local economy from the Olympics!!!!

Now you see why SISU want the Ricoh? They don't want CCFC and never have!!!

To be fair the Olympics was a once in a life time never to be repeated opportunity, and should be treated as such. That wasn't 'normal' Ricoh business and although it brought in £50m to the local economy, this will never be repeated again.

Why do we even need the Ricoh? Theres not atmosphere and we're not getting any more fans at the Ricoh than at Highfield Road. At least we owned that stadium. So, basically we've moved to a modern stadium that we dont own, has no atmosphere, doesn't feel like home to the club and is putting us even more in debt. What was the point of moving?

Otis

To be fair the Olympics was a once in a life time never to be repeated opportunity, and should be treated as such. That wasn't 'normal' Ricoh business and although it brought in £50m to the local economy, this will never be repeated again.

Almost. There is the Rugby World Cup in 2015.

LJC_CCFC

American Football really otis, the most stop start sport in the world. Fair play if you can put up with that, I've just never seen the appeal.

wingy

Why do we even need the Ricoh? Theres not atmosphere and we're not getting any more fans at the Ricoh than at Highfield Road. At least we owned that stadium. So, basically we've moved to a modern stadium that we dont own, has no atmosphere, doesn't feel like home to the club and is putting us even more in debt. What was the point of moving?

It was part of a grand plan by Bryan Richardson to propel us among the prem elite ,grow the crowd have bigtime players ,play in europe would you believe .

Trouble was they spent too much money and had to sell HR then lease it back ,followed by relegation and even less money,so had to give up on the

dream stadium which would have been fine for Prem football,meaning they had to pray and rely on the council to dig them out of the whole.

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

Firstly, just because football is the most watched sport in the world, doesn't make it the best. There's no such thing as the best sport. That's just bull the media spew out. Moving on, just cause you don't like rugby, hockey or whatever, doesn't make it crap or not entertaining. That's just your personal tastes. Some people find football boring too you know?

As for Covblaze. They've had tough seasons in the past and have walked away from a season empty handed. Yet, they still pull in a half decent crowd. Nottingham panthers haven't won a league title since 1956, again, they still pull in one of the biggest crowds going for UK hockey. People follow sport for many different reasons. For their club, for the social aspect or for the love of the sport.

As for city. We're in a dark place right now and its really unclear as to what will happen with the club regardless of on field performances. People are predictable anxious and it comes out in different ways for different people.

Firstly, I don't believe I said that football is the most watched sport in the world. I'm open minded when it comes to other sports, I watch the conventional sports rugby, cricket etc and enjoy them. With the Olympics we all saw various sports some good, some bad. For me however football is the best. The media also spew crap about football which gives people the stereotypical views they have about the game

Otis

American Football really otis, the most stop start sport in the world. Fair play if you can put up with that, I've just never seen the appeal.

I love it. And one thing they are great at is putting their house in order. Always looking at the rules and seeing what works and what doesn't.

It's not any more stop start than cricket anyway.

There is just so much wrong with football these days, as plenty of posts on here will testify to.

Spitting, shirt-pulling, feigning injury, diving, time-wasting, playing not to lose, the untouchable elite sides winning everything etc.

I wish we had the draft system over here. :( Every team in American Football goes into the new season believing they are in with a chance of winning the Super Bowl. The worst team gets the first pick of the new young best players each and every year.

If football could get its arse into gear and sort out all these problems and all the cheating etc. it would be a much better spectacle.

I pretty much only watch the City and England. Most football I believe to be pretty stale to be honest. If City ever went under I couldn't see me supporting or following anyone else.

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

I love it. And one thing they are great at is putting their house in order. Always looking at the rules and seeing what works and what doesn't.

There is just so much wrong with football these days, as plenty of posts on here will testify to.

Spitting, shirt-pulling, feigning injury, diving, time-wasting, playing not to lose, the untouchable elite sides winning everything etc.

I wish we had the draft system over here. :( Every team in American Football goes into the new season believing they are in with a chance of winning the Super Bowl. The worst team gets the first pick of the new young best players each and every year.

If football could get its arse into gear and sort out all these problems and all the cheating etc. it would be a much better spectacle.

I pretty much only watch the City and England. Most football I believe to be pretty stale to be honest. If City ever went under I couldn't see me supporting or following anyone else.

I respect your view, but have to disagree. How on earth after last seasons pl finish can you say football is pretty stale. All sports have there problems, recently American football has been embroiled in two scandals, one being youth coaches paying their players to injure the opponents and the other being child abuse being rife in the academies of the some teams. These are truly shocking events yet people still watch the sport, focus on just the sport and for me football comes through on top

Tad

I really wish one of the TV channels had the guts to make a show about other sports like American football, handball, ice hockey etc.. The Olympics showed there was a desire in the UK to watch them. It also left a lot of red faces in football by the way people act within the sport.

Danceswithhorses

I wish we had the draft system over here.
Every team in American Football goes into the new season believing they are in with a chance of winning the Super Bowl.
The worst team gets the first pick of the new young best players each and every year.
Agreed...the draft system is amazing, and means that no team can dominate by having more money...the exact opposite to footy's system.

Tad

Firstly, I don't believe I said that football is the most watched sport in the world. I'm open minded when it comes to other sports, I watch the conventional sports rugby.

No you didn't, but you did say Football is the best/greatest sport. Which isn't true. All I was doing was trying to find a basis for that statement. Being the most watched doesn't make it the best etc. Like I said earlier, there's no such thing as a best/greatest sport. Everything else you wrote in that post was just agreeing with what I said really.

If your so open minded about other sports, why did you make that comment in your first post? Seems like the very opposite to me..

Last edited:

Astute

I was trying to work out how one of the rare posters that is on here more than me can have time to prefer another sport to football. Then I remembered their game has a lot more time not playing than actual game time :)

Godiva

One of the things european football could adopt from american football is the option to challenge a referee decision. It doesn't take much longer than a faked injury to review a situation and get the decision right.
It could weed out much of the cheeting, elbowing, dubious offside calls and there would be no need for goal line technology.

Otis

I was trying to work out how one of the rare posters that is on here more than me can have time to prefer another sport to football. Then I remembered their game has a lot more time not playing than actual game time :)

Yeah. I can post inbetween downs. :D

Otis

One of the things european football could adopt from american football is the option to challenge a referee decision. It doesn't take much longer than a faked injury to review a situation and get the decision right.
It could weed out much of the cheeting, elbowing, dubious offside calls and there would be no need for goal line technology.

And football will be all the better for it. There is just so much wrong in the game right now and I think that has been proven with falling gates across the leagues.

You hear ex City players talking all the time about how much less they like the football these days.

Put the house in order and football will be all the better for it.

Oh and on the relegation/promotion issue in the States, I think that is as much to do with there only being 32 clubs. They had 92 like we do for football and I think they would have to introduce such a thing.

wingy

images

I'm with Otis and Godiva, the days for full integration of technology in sport are way overdue. I too Am Sick sick sick sick up to here with it.

Otis

images

I'm with Otis and Godiva, the days for full integration of technology in sport are way overdue. I too Am Sick sick sick sick up to here with it.

Ahh, how could I ever forget him. Teddy Budgie-Eared Davids.

A name I will never forget.

Otis

I have the ears of a giraffe.

Unfortunately he is now unable to hear the lions creeping up on him.

cloughie

images

A first glance I thought it was Tim but dim fisher after the ACL statement

'did I do good Joy'

DazzleTommyDazzle

And football will be all the better for it. There is just so much wrong in the game right now and I think that has been proven with falling gates across the leagues.

You hear ex City players talking all the time about how much less they like the football these days.

Put the house in order and football will be all the better for it.

Oh and on the relegation/promotion issue in the States, I think that is as much to do with there only being 32 clubs. They had 92 like we do for football and I think they would have to introduce such a thing.

Have to disagree there Otis.

The owners in the States are even more financially focused than those over here - I don't believe they'd agree to the "regulation" of their squads if there was any risk that they could be relegated and so could lose out on the very lucrative revenue streams.

And I reckon there'd be plenty more than 32 clubs out there, if the existing ones weren't running a very effective closed shop!

Users who are viewing this thread