Im sick of all this (2 Viewers)

Covcraig@bury

Bullshit, about SISU, ACL, COVENTRY COUNCIL AND CCFC

lets just pull the plug and start again, Ground share at the Butts and fuck all of them off.

There the ones who will lose out financially. Its only daft sods like us the supporters that are

keeping them all going. This could go on for another 12 months and then the shit will hit the

fan,We will have no club anyway. So stop linning the pockets of all the said and stick the

vee`s up to them. AFC COVENTRY

Covcraig@bury

I do realize that. How can we carry on like this. we cant. the only way is for someone to buy us out in total (not SISU )no parteners, or side kicks.
We will never recover

The soothsayer

Bullshit, about SISU, ACL, COVENTRY COUNCIL AND CCFC

lets just pull the plug and start again, Ground share at the Butts and fuck all of them off.

There the ones who will lose out financially. Its only daft sods like us the supporters that are

keeping them all going. This could go on for another 12 months and then the shit will hit the

fan,We will have no club anyway. So stop linning the pockets of all the said and stick the

vee`s up to them. AFC COVENTRY

I agree with this, what the fook would the council do with a white elephant stadium? these clowns are playing poker with the club, and its the poor mug fans who suffer.lets fook em all off and see how reasonable everybody suddenly becomes. the fans are the life blood of ccfc not this bunch of amatures.

coundonskyblue

Why does everyone want a 'white elephant' stadium? The council put a lot of money into that. I dont want my tax money wasted like that.

Astute

We would recover, but it would take time.

MK Dons against the proper Dons in the cup shows that.

hill83

I'm numb to it all to be honest. But I will tell you this. If we end up without a club I won't be wasting my time following AFC Coventry. That'll be it for club football for me.
I'm nearing the end now to be honest.

Macca

The "club" as it is now feels like AFC Coventry to an old timer like me. In so many ways not the club I grew up with

coundonskyblue

It depends on what you class the 'club' as. Since I went to my first game in the early '90's the manager has changed (countless times), obviously all the players have changed, the owners have changed, the stadium has changed. Only thing that has stayed constant are the name, badge, most of the songs/chants, and the supporters.

Im sure if a phoenix Coventry City the name, badge, songs would all be carried through to the new team. Saying it 'wouldn't be the same club' is a bit like saying Broadgate isn't Broadgate as its only 60 years old. The old area was destroyed, the new one rose from the ashes, but it still is Broadgate, just as it has been for the last 1000 years.

Macca

It depends on what you class the 'club' as. Since I went to my first game in the early '90's the manager has changed (countless times), obviously all the players have changed, the owners have changed, the stadium has changed. Only thing that has stayed constant are the name, badge, most of the songs/chants, and the supporters.

Im sure if a phoenix Coventry City the name, badge, songs would all be carried through to the new team. Saying it 'wouldn't be the same club' is a bit like saying Broadgate isn't Broadgate as its only 60 years old. The old area was destroyed, the new one rose from the ashes, but it still is Broadgate, just as it has been for the last 1000 years.

Feelings are nt necessarily logical

Tad

Football isn't about your local club anymore. It's been turned into a business.

The antics off and on the field lately from football in general has made me a bit weary of it all. Fans acting like complete morons, players cheating and echoing the acts of idiotic fans...all a bit pathetic really.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think i have the odd moment of frustration or annoyance, sometimes a few minutes of hope largely inspired by what MR says and does but overall i feel less and less connected with the club i grew up with. It feels like the heart has been ripped out of it and my passion for it is ebbing away because of what is going on.

It is one crisis after another, one false dawn after false dawn, promises made then forgotten, words rarely becoming deeds. There are a lot of good people involved in this saga but they do not control it, or decide the course. The PR to convince us of "the truth" is slick and i find insulting at times.

A big chunk of why i write here isnt about my love for the club as such any more, it is more about seeing the "smoke & mirrors", seeing fat cats disrespecting the average fan, railing against the deceptions of those closely involved in the saga. The fans deserve better from the club and its owners, and others, they deserve something to be proud of, something strong vibrant and viable. Sadly I dont see any of that in the forseeable future.

Yes i know this is business, there are no friends in business, money is king but even so I have rarely witnessed what i see surrounding our club. Perhaps i expect too much but honesty and consistency with the facts shouldnt be to too much to ask for, sadly it seems to be.

This is killing my desire to part with hard cash and precious time to support what no longer seems to exist - "My Club"

The way it is being run is divorcing the club from not only the old guys like me but also the youngsters ...... that is the future, or should be.

This is our club our city our home we should proud of all that ! not sure i am proud of our club any more

just my opinion

Last edited:

cloughie

Think i have the odd moment of frustration or annoyance, sometimes a few minutes of hope largely inspired by what MR says and does but overall i feel less and less connected with the club i grew up with. It feels like the heart has been ripped out of it and my passion for it is ebbing away because of what is going on.

It is one crisis after another, one false dawn after false dawn, promises made then forgotten, words rarely becoming deeds. There are a lot of good people involved in this saga but they do not control it, or decide the course. The PR to convince us of "the truth" is slick and i find insulting at times.

A big chunk of why i write here isnt about my love for the club as such any more, it is more about seeing the "smoke & mirrors", seeing fat cats disrespecting the average fan, railing against the deceptions of those closely involved in the saga. The fans deserve better from the club and its owners, and others, they deserve something to be proud of, something strong vibrant and viable. Sadly I dont see any of that in the forseeable future.

Yes i know this is business, there are no friends in business, money is king but even so I have rarely witnessed what i seen surrounding our club. Perhaps i expect too much but honesty and consistency with the facts shouldnt be to too much to ask for, sadly it seems to be.

This is killing my desire to part with hard cash and precious time to support what no longer seems to exist - "My Club"

The way it is being run is divorcing the club from not only the old guys like me but also the youngsters ...... that is the future, or should be.

This is our club our city our home we should proud of all that ! not sure i am proud of our club any more

just my opinion

Not just your opinion but the opinion of many of us

sadly, well said

psgm1

Banned
Have to agree with you on that OSB. Have to say you've made some great posts today (particularly the one about the ACL situation). My cousins husband has been a season ticket holder for over 40 years - indeed his lad is in the academy, and he has decided to no longer be a season ticket holder. I myself until the true nature of SiSU came out was a season ticket holder for a quarter of a century.

All that is going on with the club is utterly horrific and tearing me apart. Now it appears that not only are they trying to destroy the club for their own ends, but a charity whose only crime was to go out on a limb to ensure Cov had a home to go to when HR was sold.

I grew up thinking cov was a community / family friendly club. The current coventry city is a million miles away from what I thought of when I started supporting. I just cannot in good conscience support financially owners who clearly don't see the need to improve the club, merely see it as a means to obtain the stadium. Its abundantly clear that they have no intention of investing in the team, as evident by their reluctance to buy players for at least 2 seasons.

Now we find out for certain, that the owners of the club are deliberately trying to kill a charity - just to save money. I'm shocked this doesn't leave a bad taste in the mouth of some fans (indeed one moron actually welcomed it on another forum!)

That is NOT a community club, that is a ruthless business entity. So the community spirit has been distinguished, so all that is left is a team. Therefore the team has to be supported or not now on performance, as clearly loyalty and integrity are no longer words in Covs vocabulary.

That said, with the team not bothering / able to play a full 90 mins there is no longer any reason to watch football. Sisu have ensured loyalty is abused, and it is just madness to watch a poor football team out of habit.

I may well go to the odd game, but no longer can I justify giving money on a regular basis to SiSU. When they go, I may well reconsider. But under SiSU, I cannot justify going anymore, as I couldn't live with supporting such a ruthless organisation.

Those supporters who still buy season tickets have to look at themselves. Maybe they want SiSU to stay so fair enough, but any season ticket holder who claims to want SiSU to go, well they have to accept some of the blame - after all where else are SiSU getting funds from within the club? The significant amount comes from season ticket holders. Guaranteed if no one bought a season ticket - SiSU would have left. This is why I refuse to go to home matches - I cannot support a company that would happily steal off a charity and go out of its way to destroy it. I think season ticket holders need to take a look at themselves.

cloughie

PSGM1
I understand where you are coming from and agree with most of what you say except for the last bit

and I quote

Those supporters who still buy season tickets have to look at themselves. Maybe they want SiSU to stay so fair enough, but any season ticket holder who claims to want SiSU to go, well they have to accept some of the blame - after all where else are SiSU getting funds from within the club? The significant amount comes from season ticket holders. Guaranteed if no one bought a season ticket - SiSU would have left. This is why I refuse to go to home matches - I cannot support a company that would happily steal off a charity and go out of its way to destroy it. I think season ticket holders need to take a look at themselves.[/QUOTE]

These faceless people who have put up incompetents to run this club and I include Fisher now becoming on par with The Deluded one, have made me despise them.

Vile vile people

TheHellion

Yes i know this is business, there are no friends in business, money is king but even so I have rarely witnessed what i seen surrounding our club. Perhaps i expect too much but honesty and consistency with the facts shouldnt be to too much to ask for, sadly it seems to be.

just my opinion

Spare a thought for the nail......you just hit it bang on the head. I must say I agree with all of this.

stupot07

Those supporters who still buy season tickets have to look at themselves. Maybe they want SiSU to stay so fair enough, but any season ticket holder who claims to want SiSU to go, well they have to accept some of the blame - after all where else are SiSU getting funds from within the club? The significant amount comes from season ticket holders. Guaranteed if no one bought a season ticket - SiSU would have left. This is why I refuse to go to home matches - I cannot support a company that would happily steal off a charity and go out of its way to destroy it. I think season ticket holders need to take a look at themselves.

This comment is an absolute disgrace.

LJC_CCFC

Fecking hell you lot are a depressing bunch, if your sick of football go watch the egg chasing or ice hockey they are of course so thrilling.....

Grendel

I don't know if you are trying shock jock tactics in the style of Jon Gaunt but even by your pitiful standards this is a new low.

SISU would leave if no season ticket holders. So you want your club you "support" to dissapear and then try and adopt some perverse moral high ground.

Have you not got an ounce of intelligence to consider that the only way this club will attract alternate investors is to show that it has a vibrant fan base?

So you use ownership as an excuse to not attend? Of course -- how lucky the club us having supporters like you.

In truth its the apathetic majority like you which leaves us where we are.

What a disgrace.

Ricoh2012

I agree with this, what the fook would the council do with a white elephant stadium? these clowns are playing poker with the club, and its the poor mug fans who suffer.lets fook em all off and see how reasonable everybody suddenly becomes. the fans are the life blood of ccfc not this bunch of amatures.

White elephant? Ha ha ha - do you know what the Ricoh does???? It brought the good people of cov £50 million pounds into the local economy from the Olympics!!!!

Now you see why SISU want the Ricoh? They don't want CCFC and never have!!!

Tad

Fecking hell you lot are a depressing bunch, if your sick of football go watch the egg chasing or ice hockey they are of course so thrilling.....

Yup. They are. Rugby team here are pretty poor, but the hockey's good fun. Have fun watching a bunch of barely educated men kick a dead cow round a field.

georgehudson

the ultimate sadness, is that our owners are behaving like children, blame everyone else, & their determination is to divert attention from their own huge & continuous shortcomings,
we won't of course know what has, or is, going on behind the scenes,
the crass diatribes from messrs F, & W, add to the confusion & genuine anger felt by city fans,
here we are with a club in a dire straight,
& there they stand trying to continue with their 'smoke & mirrors' routine,
they will not leave until they have their 'pound of flesh',
and we have to endure all of this,
we surely have had (duff) owners before, but this lot,
'take the proverbial biscuit'
PUSB

LJC_CCFC

Yup. They are. Rugby team here are pretty poor, but the hockey's good fun. Have fun watching a bunch of barely educated men kick a dead cow round a field.

Have fun watching a load of Canadian blokes skating and for no apparent reason being allowed to fight each other during the game.

Tad

Have fun watching a load of Canadian blokes skating and for no apparent reason being allowed to fight each other during the game.

Shows how much you actually know about sport.

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

Shows how much you actually know about sport.

Look mate, I've been to cov blaze a few times and just because its the one sport this city is actually any good at does not automatically make it entertaining or a good sport. People can go on and on about the morals etc of football, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what state our club is in or how much money players get payed fact is people will still pay their money on a Saturday because football is the greatest sport in the world. If cov blaze were shite then no one would watch them, ccfc have been an club with no success since 87 and sit in the 3rd tier of English football yet still get crowds of 10k+ week in week out. Talk of AFC Coventry is utter drivel, no-one wants to have to start again and wait 10+ years to get back to this level. So whilst we have a club let's try too support it instead of turning into a bunch of moaning bastards who can't even celebrate when we win.

Tad

Look mate, I've been to cov blaze a few times and just because its the one sport this city is actually any good at does not automatically make it entertaining or a good sport. People can go on and on about the morals etc of football, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what state our club is in or how much money players get payed fact is people will still pay their money on a Saturday because football is the greatest sport in the world. If cov blaze were shite then no one would watch them, ccfc have been an club with no success since 87 and sit in the 3rd tier of English football yet still get crowds of 10k+ week in week out. Talk of AFC Coventry is utter drivel, no-one wants to have to start again and wait 10+ years to get back to this level. So whilst we have a club let's try too support it instead of turning into a bunch of moaning bastards who can't even celebrate when we win.

Firstly, just because football is the most watched sport in the world, doesn't make it the best. There's no such thing as the best sport. That's just bull the media spew out. Moving on, just cause you don't like rugby, hockey or whatever, doesn't make it crap or not entertaining. That's just your personal tastes. Some people find football boring too you know?

As for Covblaze. They've had tough seasons in the past and have walked away from a season empty handed. Yet, they still pull in a half decent crowd. Nottingham panthers haven't won a league title since 1956, again, they still pull in one of the biggest crowds going for UK hockey. People follow sport for many different reasons. For their club, for the social aspect or for the love of the sport.

As for city. We're in a dark place right now and its really unclear as to what will happen with the club regardless of on field performances. People are predictable anxious and it comes out in different ways for different people.

Users who are viewing this thread