Im sick of all this (1 Viewer)

aloisiwouldhavescored

Look mate, I've been to cov blaze a few times and just because its the one sport this city is actually any good at does not automatically make it entertaining or a good sport. People can go on and on about the morals etc of football, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what state our club is in or how much money players get payed fact is people will still pay their money on a Saturday because football is the greatest sport in the world. If cov blaze were shite then no one would watch them, ccfc have been an club with no success since 87 and sit in the 3rd tier of English football yet still get crowds of 10k+ week in week out. Talk of AFC Coventry is utter drivel, no-one wants to have to start again and wait 10+ years to get back to this level. So whilst we have a club let's try too support it instead of turning into a bunch of moaning bastards who can't even celebrate when we win.

Coventry actually does have a very good speedway team too - the Bees. Have won many trophies over the years and considered tobe the Man United of speedway.

chipbarm

Look mate, I've been to cov blaze a few times and just because its the one sport this city is actually any good at does not automatically make it entertaining or a good sport. People can go on and on about the morals etc of football, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what state our club is in or how much money players get payed fact is people will still pay their money on a Saturday because football is the greatest sport in the world. If cov blaze were shite then no one would watch them, ccfc have been an club with no success since 87 and sit in the 3rd tier of English football yet still get crowds of 10k+ week in week out. Talk of AFC Coventry is utter drivel, no-one wants to have to start again and wait 10+ years to get back to this level. So whilst we have a club let's try too support it instead of turning into a bunch of moaning bastards who can't even celebrate when we win.

Why not give it a go it might surprise you

As an FC United supporter I know what its like to go through something like this ex season ticket holder at Old Trafford and almost all aways done nearly 50 years service put in since the late 60s through the dross of the 70s up until the late success of the 90s.

All given up to follow a non league club, mixed emotions at the start ,strange watching another team but it grows on you non league football some will say nah not for me, some will try it and drop out others will embrace it .

Prepare for a lot of inhouse fighting being called a Judas and the likes it will happen both ways

1o years to get back to where you are now ,why would you want to get back to that paying a fortune to watch a game of football to make greedy owners a proffit being told to sit down by stewards made to travel halfway round the country on a Monday night because some TV company want to make a profit . You cant even have a drink on the train or the coach travelling to the game let alone watching a game with a drink treated as the lowest of the low by the police and government even druggies and murders get better treatment the football fans

Success what is that, to me its having a football team that I own or part own with anyone else that wants to pay the 12 quid for the annual membership that says I'm a part owner and which gives you a voice and a vote .If the club wants to put the prices up we have a say we don't like the amount then we say no happy with the increase then vote yes . I or anyone else wants something changing then put up a resolution at the AGM. Not happy with something then approach a board member before or after the game or even stood on the terracing at games with the fans or in the pub and have a word with him Not happy with him then vote him/her out at the next election

Success around a million pound a year raised and spent on local community projects.
Around 2 million raised by fans in a community share issue (the first in the country)to build a 5 million pound ground
Youngsters trained on apprenticeships

Season tickets pay what you want for one

Have a drink in the pub with the players on the coach or train going to or from a game even whilst standing where you want whilst watching a game

No, more to success then trophies and big bank balances, try your owning your own club every game it plays then that is success

Fans run clubs every football club should be should be one

It wont work you say , then try looking somewhere else then like Germany for the proof

PS how many other clubs have done something like this on their official web sites

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=4970

Not many I would imagine

Users who are viewing this thread