I'm gonna start this off... (4 Viewers)

rupert_bear

My worry is should TM go we will have that con man prick Chris Anderson picking the next manager !

Grendel

Posted this on the match thread but thought it was worth pointing out on this one too.

There's a pattern forming here.

SP. Did enough finishing the season he arrived. Started his first full season all guns blazing before falling away after Xmas. Starts the next season flat before loosing his job.

TM. Did enough finishing the season he arrived. Started his first full season all guns blazing before falling away after Xmas. Starts the next season flat before...

...yet to be written.

There is of course one common denominator here and it isn't the manager. Past or present.

It describes mowbrays management to a tee.

Nick

Administrator
It's the lack of plan b, how often do we see the other teams make a change that completely changes the game and we do nothing?

Our subs are near enough always so predictable.

Hadji10

Robin's saw this shit coming and got out before it all blew up, no chance Jackett would come here. Westley probably would but that's cause he's shit and no one else wants him.

Robins got an offer from the league above. He didn't resign and go off on his holidays.

skyblue1991

Robin's saw this shit coming and got out before it all blew up, no chance Jackett would come here. Westley probably would but that's cause he's shit and no one else wants him.
Robins left because a club from a higher league offered double his salary near his home. I don't think he would've have left otherwise.
Why wouldn't Jackett come here?
Westley has only been out of work for 6 months. Mowbray was out of work for nearly 18 months.

stupot07

Yep, I don't want mowvray sacked but he needs a result and soon otherwise he needs to go. His record in 2016 in the league is very poor and relegation form.

P28 W7 D7 L14 F28 A32 Pts 28 ppg 1. Win% 25%

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Robins left because a club from a higher league offered double his salary near his home. I don't think he would've have left otherwise.
Why wouldn't Jackett come here?
Westley has only been out of work for 6 months. Mowbray was out of work for nearly 18 months.
Jackett wouldn't come here because he knows he could hold out for better offers than take over our basket case.

Not sure what your point is on Westley, yes he would probably come here but if that's the sort of calibre of manager we would be attracting then it sort of validates my point that any manager with ambition or talent wouldn't want to join.

PTA

If you follow his career Mowbray does this at every club. Blinding start and then it fades into nothing. He even failed at Celtic which is probably the easiest club in the world to manage.

Nick

Administrator
Thing is, we could do with a decent lower league manager. Somebody who will work within a budget, have a system to suit players strengths rather than trying to squeeze players into a random system.

skybluetony176

Jackett wouldn't come here because he knows he could hold out for better offers than take over our basket case.

Not sure what your point is on Westley, yes he would probably come here but if that's the sort of calibre of manager we would be attracting then it sort of validates my point that any manager with ambition or talent wouldn't want to join.

Going by his last appointment Kenny Jacket would want a transfer kitty. That pretty much rules him our here I would think.

lesturd

Why would SISU want to sack him? It doesn't fit into their plans for us to be promoted! SISU don't want to be paying extra wages etc... and all that goes with being in The Championship. They're completely happy with where we are at the moment whilst their court cases drag on.

By all means sack the manager but you'll be having the same conversations next year with a new manager...nowt will change until the owners have gone and i'm afraid that scenario is a very long way off!

stupot07

One of the problems is we need a manager who knows this league, both pressley and mowbray confessed to not knowing league one very well or the talent pool that you'd recruit from.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

matesx

Why would SISU want to sack him? It doesn't fit into their plans for us to be promoted! SISU don't want to be paying extra wages etc... and all that goes with being in The Championship. They're completely happy with where we are at the moment whilst their court cases drag on.

By all means sack the manager but you'll be having the same conversations next year with a new manager...nowt will change until the owners have gone and i'm afraid that scenario is a very long way off!

Well that's cheered me up no end

lesturd

Well that's cheered me up no end

I'm afraid thats where we are - SISU showed their hand last January. Top of the table near Xmas and the January transfer window about to open. A £500,000 investment tops would have secured us a new CF, CM and CB - we'd have been right up there...that wasn't in SISUs plan though was it.

Nick

Administrator
I'm afraid thats where we are - SISU showed their hand last January. Top of the table near Xmas and the January transfer window about to open. A £500,000 investment tops would have secured us a new CF, CM and CB - we'd have been right up there...that wasn't in SISUs plan though was it.
Showed their hand by letting Mowbray bring in so much crap.

How many players did we bring in after Christmas?

FRY-CCFC

His time with us is scarily Pressley-esque.

Come in and steady us towards the end of a season. Kick on and start the next season like a house on fire up till Xmas where we crumble and finish midtable.

Start the next season with a weird 5 at the back formation without the players required to play it and start awfully.

He has 2/3 games for me.

Grendel

I didn't mention that he's a premier league quality manager did I? That was your opinion of him wasn't it when I said he was a league 1 standard manager when he first signed on full time.

Well he isn't a league one manager at all is he and that's the problem. I always remember Wenger once saying if you manage Coventry you struggle as they have no money.

Mowbray cannot adapt to lack of budget and cannot adapt to a life of compromise, cheap and free signings and moulding a team around what you can get.

He's not in any way a bang average league 1 manager - he's like a waitrose shopper pitching up at Aldi and asking the shop assistant "where is the mange tous" and being shown the frozen peas section.

lesturd

Cargill, Cole, Stephens, rose. He brought in several, rather than buy 10 players on low wages he could've brought in just 3 on more money. He chooses how to spend the budget.

All frees, loans or using the wage budget! £500,000 spent on actual transfers for good decent players (our players) would have given us quality and a boost within the squad

ccfchoi87

Did we spend money on transfers in that window then?

He could of if he didn't bring in the 34 club. You think they were playing for nothing? Why not use their wages on one better player for a fee. Oh and Jodi Jones should count as it was a pre planned deal

Users who are viewing this thread