I'm gonna start this off... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

TM is seriously on borrowed time. If we don't get at least 3 points from the next 2 games, he needs to go.

We had an awful back end of last season and dropped like a stone from November. We lived of Armas goals which peppered over an otherwise average season. The first three months of last season were great...the best in years but for the last 4 months of last season and the first month of this season, our form has been poor.

I'm not bothered if anyone wants to shout me down as I've been unable to get to any games so far this season but it's a results business....we've not won in 6 league games and only scored 2 goals.

Yes, SISU are culpable and yes, we lost some good players in the summer (not necessarily SISU or TMs fault) but he's bought in players, spent money and we're still in the bottom two.

If we get nothing from the next two games, he has to go. Many people on here have previously seen him as the messiah and many will stick by him. For me, many managers have been sacked for runs no where near as bad as ours....

I'm off the the driving range to smack the shit out of 100 golf balls...

WM

Dazmataz

And who would you have to replace him?

I agree that the start to season has been disappointing, but who you do you think would do a better job in the current circumstances?

PVA

I very much doubt there is anyone out there who can do any better.

I'm sick of sacking managers and repeating the cycle every 18 months, it gets us nowhere. Give TM a few years.

Also, don't forget how brilliant we were in the first half of last season. It's all very well saying how bad the second half was, but you can't mention that without taking into account how good the first half was.

Grendel

And who would you have to replace him?

I agree that the start to season has been disappointing, but who you do you think would do a better job in the current circumstances?

Who could do worse?

matesx

I very much doubt there is anyone out there who can do any better.

I'm sick of sacking managers and repeating the cycle every 18 months, it gets us nowhere. Give TM a few years.

Also, don't forget how brilliant we were in the first half of last season. It's all very well saying how bad the second half was, but you can't mention that without taking into account how good the first half was.

Oh that's ok then

ccfchoi87

Who could do worse?

Rossler completely out thought Mowbray tactically today and he was available at the start of the season. Why is there this belief that no one can do better? When there are plenty of managers with lower budgets than us who are performing.

skyblue1991

I'm going to give it another few games.

He needs to turn this around quickly. If not then I think we have no choice but to get rid.

I would also bring Mark Robins back.

If teams can do well on a low budget why can't we? What is our excuse?

Gint11

Fed up of hearing people say 'who else is out there if TM goes' utter bollocks, there's plenty out there on lower budgets doing the basics right. Rossler outwitted him today. Brought in plenty of players with only 1/2 being good enough. TM and SISU need to go now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

With the academy on the brink of folding and us likely being homeless in two years I'm not sure what manager with ambition or talent would look twice at us anyway at this point in time.

Unless Mowbray can turn it around, the council's plan to destroy us may be successful sooner than most of us anticipated.

Grendel

SkyBlue_Bear83

How often have we heard nobody would come here?
I've often been the one shouting down that view but I don't we've ever been a less attractive club to join than we are at the moment.
As a diehard sky-blue fan even I wouldn't touch the club if I was a football manager.

Nick

Administrator
I've often been the one shouting down that view but I don't we've ever been a less attractive club to join than we are at the moment.
As a diehard sky-blue fan even I wouldn't touch the club if I was a football manager.
Why?

As a manager you would be a hero if you do well and a martyr if you fail.

CovisGod

I'm sick of the "yeah, but" fans now, there's only so many times I can hear,

"Yeah but we created chances"

"Yeah but, we were the better side"

"Yeah but, Wigan were bottom and look what happened"

Thats all I've been hearing for weeks and I'm sick of it, our squad isn't good enough, nowhere near. Sure there are some gems but I think they're a couple of years off yet, the team we've got right now isn't good enough. I don't care what the possession says or chances on target etc. And this isn't a knee jerk reaction. We were not good enough in the transfer window, TM waited too long for the "right players" to fall into his lap and it didn't happen, we missed out on a lot of our top targets who went to better funded clubs and what were left with is a mosh mash of kids and average players and a manager who week by week looks and sounds like he's ready to jump ship.

I really don't think we're miraculously going to turn this round one week and win every game for 4 months, we're not good enough. We're in for a long old slog this season at the bottom of the table and the "Yeah, buts" need to start preparing themselves

Sure this is all very pessimistic but I call it as I see it.

skybluetony176

Posted this on the match thread but thought it was worth pointing out on this one too.

There's a pattern forming here.

SP. Did enough finishing the season he arrived. Started his first full season all guns blazing before falling away after Xmas. Starts the next season flat before loosing his job.

TM. Did enough finishing the season he arrived. Started his first full season all guns blazing before falling away after Xmas. Starts the next season flat before...

...yet to be written.

There is of course one common denominator here and it isn't the manager. Past or present.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Exactly. Any club is better than being out of work.

The likes of Mark Robins, Kenny Jackett and Graham Westley I'm sure would all apply.
Robin's saw this shit coming and got out before it all blew up, no chance Jackett would come here. Westley probably would but that's cause he's shit and no one else wants him.

Users who are viewing this thread