ifollow 2019/20 (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Not sure how it works with iFollow, but the show I currently use chromcast for has a chrome icon which I select and it instantly casts onto the tv. You need to have a chromcast device connected to your tv.

Wait, are you saying chromecast doesn’t work on iFollow? Somone else said it did?!

I tried from the app (not possible) and casting from my laptop (got a black screen where the video should be), though I was using a VPN for access that my ChromeCast wasn’t on so that might be why and it may well work for “proper” UK iFollow without a VPN. That’s what I’m hoping so I’m not watching on a 12” screen again.

edgy

I haven't managed to "cast" an ifollow game yet. Tried using mirrorcast from tablet to Chromecast via VPN but you get a blacked out screen and just commentary.

Only way I've managed to get it on TV is by using a HDMI cable from my laptop to TV.

shmmeee

I haven't managed to "cast" an ifollow game yet. Tried using mirrorcast from tablet to Chromecast via VPN but you get a blacked out screen and just commentary.

Only way I've managed to get it on TV is by using a HDMI cable from my laptop to TV.

Pretty much my experience.

Forgot: I also tried AirPlay screen mirroring from my iPhone app to my laptop, then casting my laptop to my TV. Could see my phone fine until I switched to the iFollow app then just black.

chiefdave

Forgot: I also tried AirPlay screen mirroring from my iPhone app to my laptop, then casting my laptop to my TV. Could see my phone fine until I switched to the iFollow app then just black.
I AirPlay from my Mac Mini to the TV, via Apple TV and it works fine, didn't for months but then suddenly started working. Oddly if I connect my Mac Mini via HDMI I get the same black box issue but if I connect my MacBook via the same HDMI connection works fine.

Tried contacting their support when I first had the issue but they were worse than useless. Kept claiming the problem was my internet connection!

Evo1883

Does wireless projection not work? My Hauwei p20 has the option to wirelessly project anybody tried this

skyblueelephant76

I cast it to my tv from my laptop last time. I accessed ifollow through Google chrome browser on my laptop and just cast the browser page to my tv, worked perfectly.

Ricketts

As this is available tonight I have paid the £10. If I watch it on the Coventry app on my ipad I get the usual 'match in 6 hours ' screen, but cant seem t get a similar thing on my laptop.

Can you watch it on a normal browser on a laptop? (I would then HDMI it to my TV)

skyblueelephant76

As this is available tonight I have paid the £10. If I watch it on the Coventry app on my ipad I get the usual 'match in 6 hours ' screen, but cant seem t get a similar thing on my laptop.

Can you watch it on a normal browser on a laptop? (I would then HDMI it to my TV)
If you log in to ifollow through ccfc.co.uk you can watch on a browser via a laptop. Video will be on the match centre

Marty

Yes you can, I do the same thing.

Nick

Administrator

Yeah you just login to the website and go to match centre.

I always watch it through a browser.

jordan210

Does anyone else find Windscribe slow and unable to show the video at the correct resolution ?

Are most people on the paid version ?

jordan210

It depends on the speed of it, you wont get anything too decent for free.

It appears that on a Mac its fine in Safari as won't allow you to airplay. But other browsers the stream quality is massively reduced as soon as you try to airplay it. So looks like its to do with ifollow

CanadianCCFC

Yeah on the club website, fixtures and then match centre. If you get something like chromecast you can get rid of the black outline on your TV from HDMI.

City Boy

If you have an Android Based Stick or something similar you can play it on Google chrome and have it on your TV. For those saying their VPN is slow, last season you could start the stream with a VPN, but then after it had started playing, you could switch off the VPN and revert back to your faster normal internet. You just had to make sure the stream had started before turning it off.

Harries11

4FBDD911-BD2B-43EE-A76B-2915209D8B27.jpeg

I have something to this effect. Which plugs directly into your phone and the hdmi to the tv. It sometimes has a black screen when on the phone but works perfectly fine when plugged into the iPad. I find that works best for me

jordan210

Casting the tab rather than the source will always give poor quality as google compresses the shit out of casted tabs.

Using Apple airplay. the quality on any browser is poor. apart from safari. what is blocked when trying to used airplay to TV.

shmmeee

I AirPlay from my Mac Mini to the TV, via Apple TV and it works fine, didn't for months but then suddenly started working. Oddly if I connect my Mac Mini via HDMI I get the same black box issue but if I connect my MacBook via the same HDMI connection works fine.

Tried contacting their support when I first had the issue but they were worse than useless. Kept claiming the problem was my internet connection!

To be fair I was pretty desperate at this point, but I don’t have a MacBook any more and no AppleTV, so i had an app on my SurfacePro that emulated an AppleTV then used whole desktop ChromeCast to to TV. So lots of places it could’ve gone wrong.

I also couldn’t log into iFollow on my SurfacePro with Chrome and had to use Edge and again whole desktop ChromeCast.

Will try again tonight without the VPN nonsense.

Great_Expectations

How early can you test the various options?

I have iPad and chromcast as plan a and laptop and hdmi ready as plan b, but I really want to avoid plan b as my laptop isn’t the most reliable!

Nick

Administrator
How early can you test the various options?

I have iPad and chromcast as plan a and laptop and hdmi ready as plan b, but I really want to avoid plan b as my laptop isn’t the most reliable!
Erm I think about maybe 30 - 40 minutes before, it depends on the ground I think and when they switch it on..

BornSlippySkyBlue

For what it is worth I used VPN (ExpressVPN), iPad and apple tv for the Bolton game and it all worked perfectly with minimal delay of commentary.

I have had problems using Apple TV in the past mind, but that was when actually abroad and not using VPN.

PVA

Does anyone else find Windscribe slow and unable to show the video at the correct resolution ?

Are most people on the paid version ?

It's fine for me. The last few times though I've managed to pay for it with windscribe turned on and then watch the game with it turned off and had no problems.

Evo1883

Just wondering as I've never used it, how long before kick off does the feed usually start, or when can you normally press play

Users who are viewing this thread