If ..... (2 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Yea, the way we were pushed back so easily by Huddersfield and Blackburn was worrying, we could so easily of conceded a late equaliser again last night.
Losing Kelly was a blow, but we need someone else who can put their foot on the ball and calm things down. And a striker with genuine pace would give us another outlet.
We got lucky last night. We were 2nd best but sun shone our arse last night haji wright needed a goal he couldn't really miss after the Huddersfiekd miss.

Matt smith

Again hindsight is a brilliant thing , apparently he is doing brilliantly out on loan and is already a firm fans favourite.
So while it might be nice he was here to play one game , the bigger picture is he has a great season out on loan and comes back ready to push for a regular start
Oh I agree Martin, he needed a loan

napolimp

Since we lost O’Hare on Boxing Day, I’m struggling to think of many home games where we’ve played anyone off the park. We do let teams onto us and then counter. When it doesn’t work you get games like Stoke last season and shit patches of play this season (Huddersfield 2nd half) . We play our expansive stuff away from home.

Can't wait to see how we play with O'hare back fully fit. If my memory doesn't deceive me, it was a completely different style of play to when Hamer and Gyokeres were running matches. Obviously last season he didn't get much of a comeback.

long way home

Howley and Burroughs will be so much better for being out playing mens football. They will come back and be ready to push for 1st team football with us or be moved on. I don't see a negative in this for these 2 players. That being said im sure Robins will be looking at turning Binks into a permanent signing at some point.

mmttww

We got lucky last night. We were 2nd best but sun shone our arse last night haji wright needed a goal he couldn't really miss after the Huddersfiekd miss.
If you're dyslexic, fair enough, but this does read like a drunk person sounds.

We had less possession but made enough chances to earn the result.

He's not been brilliant yet, but a miss last Mon doesn't make that header a gimme.

Sick Boy

He'll be subs bench for sure. I think he's a very good option to have from the bench.
He’s a decent squad player and can be a very good impact sub but he’s a strange signing considering his reported high wages how Robins likes his teams to play.

Sick Boy

The rumour was we paid up his contract in lieu of a fee. He’s not on that here in a million years. We were skint last season, we weren’t handing out £20k/week contracts 🤣
I doubt it was 20 but probably around 15 is my guess.

shmmeee

I doubt it was 20 but probably around 15 is my guess.

Not in a million years. Player going for £3.5m from Chelsea a few years back compared to bombed out of the squad in post Covid conditions. It would have made him easily the highest earner at the club. £10k absolute max IMO. It’s just another thing to hang around the neck of a player you’ve taken a disliking to with no evidence other than “my guess” to back it up regardless.

Sick Boy

Not in a million years. Player going for £3.5m from Chelsea a few years back compared to bombed out of the squad in post Covid conditions. It would have made him easily the highest earner at the club. £10k absolute max IMO. It’s just another thing to hang around the neck of a player you’ve taken a disliking to with no evidence other than “my guess” to back it up regardless.
I don’t dislike him, I just think he’s a strange signing and a bit overrated by some. I don’t agree about the wages though and think you’d be surprised but that’s IMO.

skyblu3sk

I don't get the "lucky" to take the points view that many seem to have on here. The championship is tight as hell this year and there are going to be more games where we will need to grind out a result than not. Against Blackburn two decent teams cancelled each other out until the 85th minute. It's not like they looked like they should have scored 5. We also hit the crossbar 3 times and overall had at least as good chances as they did.

Astute

I don't get the "lucky" to take the points view that many seem to have on here. The championship is tight as hell this year and there are going to be more games where we will need to grind out a result than not. Against Blackburn two decent teams cancelled each other out until the 85th minute. It's not like they looked like they should have scored 5. We also hit the crossbar 3 times and overall had at least as good chances as they did.
It's like those who say if our opponents had a certain type of player on the pitch we would have lost ignoring the fact that another player would have to have come off the pitch.

Terry_dactyl

I don’t dislike him, I just think he’s a strange signing and a bit overrated by some. I don’t agree about the wages though and think you’d be surprised but that’s IMO.
He’s quality. Just seemingly never fit for long enough. Which makes him problematic for the team as we can’t rely on him. If we can afford to keep him and use him sparingly great. If not we should consider moving him on.

skyblu3sk

It's like those who say if our opponents had a certain type of player on the pitch we would have lost ignoring the fact that another player would have to have come off the pitch.
Pretty much also completely ignoring the fact that if we had certain players on the pitch we could have won more easily. it's all conjecture rather than the hard facts we won. There have been loads of smash and grabs over the years where I have admitted we were lucky but Blackburn wasn't one of them.

Terry_dactyl

Pretty much also completely ignoring the fact that if we had certain players on the pitch we could have won more easily. it's all conjecture rather than the hard facts we won. There have been loads of smash and grabs over the years where I have admitted we were lucky but Blackburn wasn't one of them.
We edged it I thought. Much improved in the 2nd half. I guess at home we might expect/hope to win more comfortably.

CCFC88

jt is but we were lucky last night - if Blackburn had a forward we’d have lost easily
We hit the bar on twice not including the assist for the goal, higher probability of our shots deviating by 2 inches and going in than Blackburn having a striker. A draw would probably have been a fair result but we were closer than them to winning it

CCFC88

Stoke squad potentially:

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks
MvE Sheaf Ayari Dasilva
O’Hare
Simms Wright

Collins, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell, Sakamoto, Eccles, Allen, Palmer, Godden

(Fiddle about with starters/subs as you wish)

Starts looking really strong.
Have to think this is Robins' endgame, probably Kitching in for Binks eventually, Ayari is a CM, he's had 8-10 games to get up to speed of the league now, will drop into his natural position of CM eventually

Ccfcisparks

Have to think this is Robins' endgame, probably Kitching in for Binks eventually, Ayari is a CM, he's had 8-10 games to get up to speed of the league now, will drop into his natural position of CM eventually
It sounds like it will be Kitching in for Fadz actually.

Otis

You’d drop Allen for Ayari and take out our top goalscorer? You are very thick and clueless
Hello, Mrs Shmmeee.

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Astute

You’d drop Allen for Ayari and take out our top goalscorer? You are very thick and clueless
The forwards we play should be the best that fit the plan with the opponents in front of us. If big and strong or big and fast is what would be best I'm sorry but that's the type of games Godden struggles in.

Yes Godden is still our best shooting striker by far. And yes Godden has 6 goals. But Simms and Wright put together get the same game time as Godden. Half of Godden's tally in only 2 games.

Take a look back. I kept saying that they would need 8 to 10 games to settle in. Squeaky bum time when it reached game 7. Started to doubt myself 😂 They have a better understanding of the system we use now. Both will also be more confident after scoring goals. Great anticipation and great header by Wright. I saw on here that the defenders were knackered. No. They just didn't anticipate what was about to happen. Wright ran in in case the GK parried the ball. The defenders just watched the ball until they noticed Wright was well ahead of them. And the speed the ball came at him off the crossbar didn't leave any time to think. Yet he managed to position himself perfectly plus get power into the header and place it perfectly. Only a natural finisher can do that. He will be fine.

Simms? Just because he hadn't scored some were getting on his back. But during this time he had forced a few good saves. He has already scored goals at this level. Now he has a couple of goals. Both of them should easily hit 10 each for the season if we continue like this. Sounds shite but they're only averaging half a game a time. That's 20 a season. That's OK.

Thick and clueless is not considering other options. Should Simms and Wright play together for the first time when Godden is unavailable? Let Godden on for the last 20 minutes. With 70 minutes less than the defenders he could be deadly.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Also people seem to have missed the “fiddle with starters/subs as you wish” the point was it’s a string 19 whoever your first XI are.
I didn't. I just thought you were advocating sexual assaulting the squad.

Brylowes

Since we lost O’Hare on Boxing Day, I’m struggling to think of many home games where we’ve played anyone off the park. We do let teams onto us and then counter. When it doesn’t work you get games like Stoke last season and shit patches of play this season (Huddersfield 2nd half) . We play our expansive stuff away from home.
Though a lot of what you say here maybe true, imho it’s another reason we should thank our lucky stars we have MR in charge.
Despite repeatedly losing important players to injury ‘often multiple players in one area’ ie: the current midfield injury list, he never moans or belies our bad luck.
He adapts, digs in and somehow continues to pick up points, does it every season and imo will keep doing it.
Our midfield is currently decimated, although that is frustrating for us, just imagine what it’s like for him, but as he always does ‘he’ll find away, some might say it was an ugly win the other night🤔 but it was a win.
Norwich ‘although having their own problems atm’ are definitely no mugs and on their day, can take any team in this league apart.
Rest assured, MR will have done his homework & if the team win points tomorrow it probably won’t be pretty, but under his leadership it really won’t be surprising either.
Keep the faith ✊

Users who are viewing this thread