If ..... (1 Viewer)

fatso

The forwards we play should be the best that fit the plan with the opponents in front of us. If big and strong or big and fast is what would be best I'm sorry but that's the type of games Godden struggles in.

Yes Godden is still our best shooting striker by far. And yes Godden has 6 goals. But Simms and Wright put together get the same game time as Godden. Half of Godden's tally in only 2 games.

Take a look back. I kept saying that they would need 8 to 10 games to settle in. Squeaky bum time when it reached game 7. Started to doubt myself 😂 They have a better understanding of the system we use now. Both will also be more confident after scoring goals. Great anticipation and great header by Wright. I saw on here that the defenders were knackered. No. They just didn't anticipate what was about to happen. Wright ran in in case the GK parried the ball. The defenders just watched the ball until they noticed Wright was well ahead of them. And the speed the ball came at him off the crossbar didn't leave any time to think. Yet he managed to position himself perfectly plus get power into the header and place it perfectly. Only a natural finisher can do that. He will be fine.

Simms? Just because he hadn't scored some were getting on his back. But during this time he had forced a few good saves. He has already scored goals at this level. Now he has a couple of goals. Both of them should easily hit 10 each for the season if we continue like this. Sounds shite but they're only averaging half a game a time. That's 20 a season. That's OK.

Thick and clueless is not considering other options. Should Simms and Wright play together for the first time when Godden is unavailable? Let Godden on for the last 20 minutes. With 70 minutes less than the defenders he could be deadly.

Attachments

• the-office-no.gif
    the-office-no.gif
    295.6 KB · Views: 9

Johhny Blue

It's like those who say if our opponents had a certain type of player on the pitch we would have lost ignoring the fact that another player would have to have come off the pitch.
If we started every game with the players that weren’t picked we’d piss this division

Users who are viewing this thread