If ..... (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Thought the same last night. Literally 10 seconds away from 3 there

Otis

If Dabo had scored that pen ........
Yes, very true, I think the point is that in that Huddersfield game we were literally 10 seconds away from victory.

With Dabo, though you could may possibly be able to argue a similar point, penalties are a bit of a lottery

And like Sick Boy just said, it wouldn't have won us the game

fatso

Yes, very true, I think the point is that in that Huddersfield game we were literally 10 seconds away from victory.

With Dabo, though you could may possibly be able to argue a similar point, penalties are a bit of a lottery

And like Sick Boy just said, it wouldn't have won us the game
Yea, the way we were pushed back so easily by Huddersfield and Blackburn was worrying, we could so easily of conceded a late equaliser again last night.
Losing Kelly was a blow, but we need someone else who can put their foot on the ball and calm things down. And a striker with genuine pace would give us another outlet.

jackdg

Two week break after Norwich after which we should start seeing Sheaf, MVE, Palmer etc coming back into it… dare I say even O’Hare knocking on the door too
It might be an opportunity to see Latibeaudiere as one of the holding midfielders

Grendel

...we hadn't conceded that late goal to Huddersfield then we'd have been in a play-off place. Funny old game.

jt is but we were lucky last night - if Blackburn had a forward we’d have lost easily

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Kelly's injury is a blow, but maybe Sakamoto comes in at RWB (out of necessity) and Lats moves into midfield.
That was my initial thought but can see Norwich murdering Sakamoto at RWB and we need a more solid defender there.

So I thought maybe Eccles as a holding midfielder and Allen, Ayari and Sakamoto in front, with one up top. Trouble is that one would almost certainly be Godden and I don't think it suits him. I'd try Simms there if we went that way.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It is a worry. You would have thought maybe Burroughs or Howley at a push wouldn't you, but they're both not here anymore.

Someone is going to have to fill in, in midfield and I guess it will be Lati.

I think it was a mistake to let Howley go out on loan.

shmmeee

Do we think when Sheaf is back we might see Ayari deeper? Would love to see this for Bristol:

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks
MvE Sheaf Ayari Dasilva
O’Hare
Simms Wright

Suspect it’ll be Eccles or even Allen though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sheaf, MVE and Callum will be in the squad for Bristol im 95% certain from what ive been told.

Palmer will be back in training and will return the same time as Tavares, possibly Preston away, but definitely by Stoke home
Good news for Stoke that

shmmeee

Stoke squad potentially:

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks
MvE Sheaf Ayari Dasilva
O’Hare
Simms Wright

Collins, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell, Sakamoto, Eccles, Allen, Palmer, Godden

(Fiddle about with starters/subs as you wish)

Starts looking really strong.

covcity4life

Stoke squad potentially:

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks
MvE Sheaf Ayari Dasilva
O’Hare
Simms Wright

Good squad but Eccles over ayari for me until ayari can play that central mid role.

napolimp

Stoke squad potentially:

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks
MvE Sheaf Ayari Dasilva
O’Hare
Simms Wright

Why are you dropping Eccles for Ayari? Because of the issue with having 2x deep lying defence minded CDM's?

Hertsccfc

Do we think when Sheaf is back we might see Ayari deeper? Would love to see this for Bristol:

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks
MvE Sheaf Ayari Dasilva
O’Hare
Simms Wright

Suspect it’ll be Eccles or even Allen though.
In answer to your question no. And the front two if we have a front two won't be Simms and Wright. At least not until they provide the right level of workrate.

shmmeee

Why are you dropping Eccles for Ayari? Because of the issue with having 2x deep lying defence minded CDM's?

Just wondering if Sheaf is enough to carry him there. Probably not. Eccles is fine, just wondering if we can fit Ayari in. We’ve actually got some nice problems once people are back. Allen on current form should be AM but O’Hare, Palmer and Ayari Will have a claim. Allen could drop to CM but IMO he’s not as effective. CBs and STs full of competition too.

shmmeee

Also people seem to have missed the “fiddle with starters/subs as you wish” the point was it’s a string 19 whoever your first XI are.

napolimp

Just wondering if Sheaf is enough to carry him there. Probably not. Eccles is fine, just wondering if we can fit Ayari in. We’ve actually got some nice problems once people are back. Allen on current form should be AM but O’Hare, Palmer and Ayari Will have a claim. Allen could drop to CM but IMO he’s not as effective. CBs and STs full of competition too.

I think Allen will be number 10 for a good few months as O'hare gets up to speed with sub appearances .

Offhegoes

Yea, the way we were pushed back so easily by Huddersfield and Blackburn was worrying, we could so easily of conceded a late equaliser again last night.
Losing Kelly was a blow, but we need someone else who can put their foot on the ball and calm things down. And a striker with genuine pace would give us another outlet.
Since we lost O’Hare on Boxing Day, I’m struggling to think of many home games where we’ve played anyone off the park. We do let teams onto us and then counter. When it doesn’t work you get games like Stoke last season and shit patches of play this season (Huddersfield 2nd half) . We play our expansive stuff away from home.

Users who are viewing this thread